Gildart - The Last And Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised this guy has played Test Footy, considering his performances for us.
He looks like a flegg player tossed in the deep end.
Something is not right.
He played tests three years ago.

He has had a LOT of injuries since...think of a Josh Reynolds / Chris Lawrence type change. He has lost his pace and mobility. He broke down on game day, in the warm ups, for Wigan a couple of times last season.

If...massive IF...he gets his pace back, we may see something very decent.

He may well never be the player he was though...and without his speed, is very ordinary.

He played tests three years ago.

He has had a LOT of injuries since...think of a Josh Reynolds / Chris Lawrence type change. He has lost his pace and mobility. He broke down on game day, in the warm ups, for Wigan a couple of times last season.

If...massive IF...he gets his pace back, we may see something very decent.

He may well never be the player he was though...and without his speed, is very ordinary.
Thanks for that.
I don’t think we should carry him if that’s the case. Unfortunate but at this elite level, players with bad injury histories cannot keep up. I am very interested in how Doueihi returns after doing his knee twice. Likewise Laurie now he’s gone again.

On the Koloamatangi try, Gildart was in the wrong spot. He should be in line with the second lead runner. As you can see below, he needed to stand around 3m to his right.

Defending in general is all about angles and working them to your advantage. This stuff can be taught. I'm confident that our coaching staff can fix his issues. I mean look at James Roberts. He ran around like a headless chook last year. and now he looks like a seasoned pro in defence.

View attachment 839
It just occured to me that Hastings was defending on the left in this play instead of Brooks. Was this try created whilst Liddle was in the head bin?

Thanks for that.
I don’t think we should carry him if that’s the case. Unfortunate but at this elite level, players with bad injury histories cannot keep up. I am very interested in how Doueihi returns after doing his knee twice. Likewise Laurie now he’s gone again.

Not sure how he played Rep footy...
- My guess it was when Watkins (first choice for a while) was out here with the Titans.
He was rubbish out here as well...

Seriously, The last Pommy back that made it out here might have been Ellery...
The others like Widoop, Farnworth and the like - Were made here.

If he really is homesick i'll pay for his ticket home. I don't care what he used to be, at this point in time he is not in the same postcode as an NRL player.

If Madge has to select him in the 17, leave him on the bench or sit him down in the ingoals for the 80.

He is reggies standard and he should be playing with the team that is 0-8 the magpies,he couldn't do them any harm but he is killing WT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back