Gildart - The Last And Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our problem is attack ,yes he rushed up and missed hunt but Joe O miss for 2nd try even worse but in general our defence ok .We had enough ball and field position to score 30 pts . Problem is backline ! Laurie out,Toa not in his best position ,a 2nd rower in center ,Gildart makes some half breaks but no pass.
Of 1 thru 5 only Nofa good. Try 1.Peachy 2.Nofa 3.Toa 4.Gildart (last chance)
5.Maumalo ( only if fit and putting in effort) .Couldn't be worse

Our problem is attack ,yes he rushed up and missed hunt but Joe O miss for 2nd try even worse but in general our defence ok .We had enough ball and field position to score 30 pts . Problem is backline ! Laurie out,Toa not in his best position ,a 2nd rower in center ,Gildart makes some half breaks but no pass.
Of 1 thru 5 only Nofa good. Try 1.Peachy 2.Nofa 3.Toa 4.Gildart (last chance)
5.Maumalo ( only if fit and putting in effort) .Couldn't be worse

So you want Gildart to cost us another game with his shambolic defence?He is terrible and he will not improve as he has not learnt anything about working as a unit in defence and he is in his mid 20s.

To look at him you may not pick it but Herbie is taller and close to 20kg heavier and moves really well.
Pretty much what I was saying...
Herbie is well built for a centre - Will really come on there.

Annoying to see him named again but at least with Peachey in 14 if gildart folds again we can hook him asap

🤔 The coaching staff can see something that we can’t see because they keep picking him
Maybe he does well at training & it’s just not translating onto the field
Maybe they’re putting their faith in him to turn the corner soon
Don’t forget he’s an import so it’s probably taking a bit longer than expected
it took most of our players 5 weeks to click into gear
He did try a bit too hard against the dragons but he did show glimpses
Before that he was 💩
Let’s see what happens against the chip eaters this week

Last edited:
🤔 The coaching staff can see something that we can’t see because they keep picking him
What they see is a lack of options? I think it was evident when Gildart was dropped the other week, that he's not a first-choice selection.

Unfortunately for us when we are down Doueihi, Kepaoa (until last week), Jet and Tommy Talau, you are literally picking your 4th and 5th choice centres, one of whom is a backrower.

I am fine with the Gildart experiment - he's not super hopeless and it was worth a punt. He has plenty of heart, he may yet find his place in the side a la Mark Flanagan who was never flash but did a job when asked of him.

I think if Nofa was fit this week they may have gambled Kepaoa in the centres, despite being heavily short a run.

Not many from our top 30 that are fit or ready to choose from and only having signed up 29 players doesn't help.

Almost certainly playing reggies if Nofoaluma was fit this week and Kepaoa at centre, and that's still with a back rower in Garner filling in on the other side of the field.

Pretty good out of dummy half and even got to there on the right side again on Sunday, but poor in other areas and probably not going to cement a spot.

Edit: I note @jirskyr posted pretty well much of the same a few minutes before whilst I was writing mine.

Last edited:
What they see is a lack of options? I think it was evident when Gildart was dropped the other week, that he's not a first-choice selection.

Unfortunately for us when we are down Doueihi, Kepaoa (until last week), Jet and Tommy Talau, you are literally picking your 4th and 5th choice centres, one of whom is a backrower.

I am fine with the Gildart experiment - he's not super hopeless and it was worth a punt. He has plenty of heart, he may yet find his place in the side a la Mark Flanagan who was never flash but did a job when asked of him.

I think if Nofa was fit this week they may have gambled Kepaoa in the centres, despite being heavily short a run.
Pretty much..

I don't get the ragging on the guy... his ball running is promising..

Poor dudes had a haircut too. Gone are those bloweave sessions. Starting to look like a footballer.

Probably cost him a lay or two and still can't bag a try.

Maybe he gets lucky this weekend, with a try that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back