Golf Fanatics

Play at Port Macquarie Golf Club, probably the most technical sport I've played.
I was a golf member there about 5 years ago but my knees are so stuffed gave up my membership - haven't played a game in about 3 years. When i first moved to Port used to get on the course about 6am 3 days a week - amazing how it improves your game. See heaps of snakes when your out there early.

I think we are back in group one we played Australian and nsw golf club last year
Wow. That's awesome. Our golf club has never got higher that div 2. We've been back and forwards from div 3 and 4 for years. Our player members only number around 250 I think.
I caddy for a scratch player mate in pennants who is awesome to watch, hardly loses.
If I ever make it down your way I'll look you up for a hit eh

I was a golf member there about 5 years ago but my knees are so stuffed gave up my membership - haven't played a game in about 3 years. When i first moved to Port used to get on the course about 6am 3 days a week - amazing how it improves your game. See heaps of snakes when your out there early.
Yes agree early is better, I don't play anywhere near enough to warrant the membership, but I still keep it. I've seen the odd snake, more Roo's and the odd Koala. Just need to get out a bit more I think.

Yes agree early is better, I don't play anywhere near enough to warrant the membership, but I still keep it. I've seen the odd snake, more Roo's and the odd Koala. Just need to get out a bit more I think.
You would just pay 5 day membership hey..cheaper

I think we are back in group one we played Australian and nsw golf club last year
They would be a couple of beaut courses right there. Is NSW GC the one right on the ocean's edge? Think they have played a few Aussie Majors there over the years from memory? That one looks magnificent.

Love the game. Haven’t played consistently in over 2 years . joined a social club with mates to get back into it. First game is in a week. I have scheduled a few warm ups at the range.
looking to move house and into the next phase of live. Will take look to join a club again.

Wow. That's awesome. Our golf club has never got higher that div 2. We've been back and forwards from div 3 and 4 for years. Our player members only number around 250 I think.
I caddy for a scratch player mate in pennants who is awesome to watch, hardly loses.
If I ever make it down your way I'll look you up for a hit eh
for sure happy to invite for a game at oatlands

yes nsw go has the 11th where you tee off 19em over the ocean par 3 great hole
If you drive from the main road at La Perouse up to Cape Banks the road devides NSW golf club and I think it was St Michael's G.C.
If you keep driving east toward the ocean you come to old military housing and that's where I lived for 5 years. I used to take the dog for a walk and find heaps of balls.
I used to fish off the rocks there too. There's an old quarantine station and graves there too from the flu pandemic.
What a beautiful place to have golf courses.

Hey guys, it sounds like he have some keen golfers amongst us.
If you play a round and you shoot under net par, post it on here for a read, if it's an awesome feat, like a hole in one or some other extraordinary event take a photo of your score card and post, even group pics of your mates.

Tasty 4, I lose 4 balls a round 🤣
Have you played pennants?
When I was in B Grade I played Pennants for Cabra but don’t have time to practice due to work to play A Grade pennants. They take it very serious I’m more about having fun. I only get to play once a week on Saturday and our team members play a few times a week to hone their skills.

I did managed the team a few years back as we were in Div 1 playing the Australian, Mona Vale and Long Reef. Retired after the campaign as manager as we did not go that well.

Last edited:
If you drive from the main road at La Perouse up to Cape Banks the road devides NSW golf club and I think it was St Michael's G.C.
If you keep driving east toward the ocean you come to old military housing and that's where I lived for 5 years. I used to take the dog for a walk and find heaps of balls.
I used to fish off the rocks there too. There's an old quarantine station and graves there too from the flu pandemic.
What a beautiful place to have golf courses.
St Michael's is nice course
The Coast is a nice public course right next to St Michaels

Back