Harold Matts Fight & Send offs

NRL shocked? I don’t think so. Number 11 just hugged a Canberra player. Meanwhile why did Canberra kick when they were up against a 10 player defence?

Looked like the Maggie’s prop threw a punch…probably the only one.
Silly boys may have torpedoed their own season.

A bit of pushing and shoving takes place in the last second of a match. There's no fight, the only issue is entering the field of play without consent. The clock was already at 60 mins by the time they entered the field, but the ref hadn't blown the whistle. Which given the noise at the time they wouldn't have been able to hear.

Who Knows, maybe a suspended sentence. Would be harsh to suspend them for a grand final for that. In any case they haven't been major components of the team's success but it would suck to lose them for the gf regardless

Personally I think it’s a storm in a teacup. When I read the article title I thought there would have been punches thrown and an all in brawl similar to the battle of Brookvale but it was just push and shove. If people were horrified by that then I’d suggest they watch something like golf or something that aligns with their sensibilities.

Running onto the field was stupid but did any of those players become involved in the push and shove? As people have stated there could be an argument that players genuinely thought the game had been called.

It really isn’t fair that the Canberra player gets away with a flop and swinging arm to the head either. It was a dog shot really and I’d be disappointed in the team if they didn’t react to it.

Regardless it’s a great sign that we’ve made the GF.

#11 ( hug) and #14 ( separated the players) both did nothing apart from entering the field before full time.

# 16 got into the incident and could be in a bit of trouble.

The whole article without the video would have you think it went back to the 70’s Wests sides giving the opposing side a bashing, however it was a push and shove from a few kids at the end. Canberra would have been frustrated to lose and the flop whilst not needed should have been it and off to the GF we go.

Let’s see if we get the Wests treatment at the judiciary or a More fancied team.

After watching the video I was left wondering what I missed - where was the "Shocking Brawl" - honestly there needs to be some law against football journalists writing trumped up BS stories.
The flop was unnecessary and petulant and probably deserved a reaction but seriously the reaction was so harmless. Coming off the bench was dumb and will probably earn those players a week off - especially as they play for the Tigers.

Back