Harry Triguboff's $50 ,000 " donation " to Libs - ICAC

Tigerdazz2

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/key-abbott-fundraiser-john-caputo-linked-to-fraud-icac-hears/story-e6frg6nf-1226902108963

Another Wests Tigers identity caught up in the ICAC investigation into donations to the NSW Liberals via Abbotts go to man in Warringah .

Harry thought he was donating to the federal Lib's which was quite legal.

Not saying Harry did do anything wrong. I know that it's only NSW where it is illegal for developers to donate to political parties (It should be NATION WIDE !! ) Just that 3 high profile public figures , all linked to the Tigers , in front of ICAC…....mud will stick.

BTW I posted this because of the Wests Tigers link to the story…...not to be political. Mods feel free to move it if you feel otherwise. :ugeek:

I thought it was the Balmain side with Nick Di Gerolimo and Australian Water Holdings that was in strife not anyone actually associated with the Wests Tigers officially.

Nick D G was Appointed by Balmain FC to represent Balmain slot in the annual rotating WT Chairman role. Not sure he was even a member of Balmain FC.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Nothing wrong with making donations as it has been going on for almost a century…. The confusion is from the lack of disclosure with these type of donations.

I've done it many times to garner support from local members. Once clearer guidelines are established, non of this would be news!

@sideline eye said:
@Defiant said:

Hmmm, he would say that, wouldn't he?

Should we sever ties with Meriton?

Everyone should wake up to themselves this bloke keeps the joint afloat for absolutely no return.

Maybe we should have him executed because he had an affiliation with Balmain pre the Wests tigers?

Maybe we should have him executed because he has an affiliation with the liberal party?

@tottie said:
@sideline eye said:
@Defiant said:

Everyone should wake up to themselves this bloke keeps the joint afloat for absolutely no return.

Maybe we should have him executed because he had an affiliation with Balmain pre the Wests tigers?

Maybe we should have him executed because he has an affiliation with the liberal party?

Don't go giving some of these pinheads any ideas.

His 'donation' is most probably for personal gain (unlike his assistance to WT, for which he generally gets something back via exposure anyhow) and as such is likely a form of corruption.

It is quite ironic to see the party that outlawed transparent donations from collectives of workers, is in disarray now that some of the truth about their corrupt dealings with individuals and enterprises is surfacing.

@tottie said:
@sideline eye said:
@Defiant said:

Your response is way over the top; no post on here has suggested that we should sever ties with Meriton. Nevertheless, many high fliers who have been named by ICAC are scrambling to come up with excuses for failing to ensure that the money paid to the Liberal Party was not improperly used. Whether or not Mr. Triguboff's excuse is valid or not will be determined during the current proceedings before ICAC.

The fact that someone bankrolls a football club has no relevance to the scrutiny of that person's excuse. At the very least, Mr. Triguboff's business acumen should have told him to take reasonable measures to see that his donation was not used corruptly but, for the time being, he has not been found to be corrupt; ICAC will determine their view of guilt or innocence after all the evidence is heard. In the meantime, I hope that our major sponsor has done nothing wrong but unlike some, I won't look the other way simply because somebody bankrolls the club that I support.

Name calling such as "pinheads" is only an impotent insult designed to stop proper discussion of this subject but it won't stop me. So, I don't know whether or not Mr. Triguboff is corrupt or not but for now I still say that his excuse is rather flimsy because he should have known what use the money would be put to. I still say "He would say that, wouldn't he?" and he needs to come up with something better to clear the air.

@sideline eye said:
@tottie said:
@sideline eye said:
@Defiant said:

Your response is way over the top; no post on here has suggested that we should sever ties with Meriton. Nevertheless, many high fliers who have been named by ICAC are scrambling to come up with excuses for failing to ensure that the money paid to the Liberal Party was not improperly used. Whether or not Mr. Triguboff's excuse is valid or not will be determined during the current proceedings before ICAC.

The fact that someone bankrolls a football club has no relevance to the scrutiny of that person's excuse. At the very least, Mr. Triguboff's business acumen should have told him to take reasonable measures to see that his donation was not used corruptly but, for the time being, he has not been found to be corrupt; ICAC will determine their view of guilt or innocence after all the evidence is heard. In the meantime, I hope that our major sponsor has done nothing wrong but unlike some, I won't look the other way simply because somebody bankrolls the club that I support.

Name calling such as "pinheads" is only an impotent insult designed to stop proper discussion of this subject but it won't stop me. So, I don't know whether or not Mr. Triguboff is corrupt or not but for now I still say that his excuse is rather flimsy because he should have known what use the money would be put to. I still say "He would say that, wouldn't he?" and he needs to come up with something better to clear the air.

Who are you to judge or understand the inner workings of others?

But weren't you judging others and their inner workings by stating people would want him executed for having affiliations with the Liberal party and the Balmain Tigers?

@GNR4LIFE said:
But weren't you judging others and their inner workings by stating people would want him executed for having affiliations with the Liberal party and the Balmain Tigers?

No i wasnt

Haha you were assuming people would be calling for his head for specific reasons and trying to belittle them, but you weren't judging them

If you say so

@tottie said:
@sideline eye said:
@tottie said:
@sideline eye said:

Who are you to judge or understand the inner workings of others?

Oh dear, what a puny response! Perhaps you might give us the benefit of your wisdom and explain what you mean by "inner workings". In the meantime, this being a matter which goes to the very heart of our democracy, I will continue to make value judgments based on what is said and done in ICAC, regardless of how it relates to this football club, of which I am a member.

Perhaps, with a bit more maturity, you might one day be able to do the same.

Back