Healthy Idris ready to return for Tigers

G

Healthy Idris ready to return for Tigers

Mon 08 May, 2017, 5:19pm
Matt Encarnacion, AAP

Wests Tigers have received a huge boost ahead of Friday's game against South Sydney, with centre Jamal Idris ready to return from injury and continue his comeback to the NRL.

Idris has missed the past two games for the Tigers after injuring his hamstring in the 79th minute of the club's loss to Parramatta in round seven.

Following his one-year sabbatical from the NRL last year, the hamstring issue came just three weeks after his return from a foot injury that limited his game time early on in the season.

But the former Penrith star has already rejoined his teammates for full training and is set to take his place in the side against the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium.

"The hammy's fine - it's healed and it's happy days. I'm ready for Friday. It was always going to be a slow start for me considering I was out of the game for that long," Idris told AAP.

"In saying that, from the first game to the last game that I played, there was massive improvement, a huge difference. But I always knew that was going to happen."

Idris's return will go some way to alleviating the loss of skipper Aaron Woods, who could miss up to six weeks after hurting his own hamstring in the Tigers' last-start loss to Cronulla.

Sauaso Sue is likely to start in Woods's place, with Kyle Lovett a chance to be inserted onto the bench, however Idris admitted their embattled leader would be missed.

Woods is currently the only forward averaging more than 100 metres over the opening nine rounds, as well as 21 tackles in 58 minutes per game.

"He was playing unbelievable. He was chewing up metres, his offloads are massive for our game. It's going to be tough, but we have other forwards that just need to step up," Idris said.

"We're going to have to share the load."

The Tigers have won two of four since Ivan Cleary took over as coach and sit in 14th spot.

Good to have Jamal back and fit

Happy for Jamal to be back,Lovett on the other hand are they serious.

BREAKING- @WestsTigers centre Jamal Idris has ruptured his ACL. Same knee as last time. His season is over. More details on @FOXSportsNews

I think Jamal has jinxed himself :frowning:

Apparently has ruptured his ACL at training and his season is over - same one as last time

@ said:
Fox are reporting he has ruptured his ACL at training and is out for the season.

Just as he was starting to come good.

That would have to be incredibly mentally jarring for big Jamal if true. :cry:

@ said:

Apparently has ruptured his ACL at training and his season is over - same one as last time

The report I read said he did it on Saturday.
Which would be weird considering he was at the launch of the Indigenous Round yesterday, saying he was right to play…

@ said:
@ said:

The report I read said he did it on Saturday.
Which would be weird considering he was at the launch of the Indigenous Round yesterday, saying he was right to play…

Ah what :S

Well it's only one guy that has reported it so far so fingers crossed

Source: FOX SPORTS
JAMAL Idris’ NRL career could be over after the Wests Tigers centre suffered a season-ending knee injury at training on Saturday.

Idris has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament, the same knee he injured in 2015 during his last stint in rugby league at Penrith.

It’s a devastating blow for the 26-year-old who is off-contract at the end of 2017.

Idris had battled several injuries so far this season and has managed just five games.

He was due to return from a hamstring injury against South Sydney on Friday night.

Idris will meet with his surgeon on Friday.

What the hell? Saturday…? He was quoted Monday as healthy Jamal.. and he was at the indigenous round launch yesterday

Something ain't adding up if it says he did it Saturday when he said he's ready to go at the indigenous round launch..

Confirmed :frowning:

Chemist Warehouse Injury Update: Jamal Idris
Tue 9th May, 02:00PM
Injury Report
Wests Tigers can provide the following Chemist Warehouse Injury Update on Jamal Idris ahead of the Club’s Round 10 match against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
>
Scans have confirmed that Idris has suffered an ACL tear in his knee, which will sideline the centre for the remainder of the 2017 season.
>
Wests Tigers will continue to monitor and support Idris as he begins his rehabilitation process

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/05/09/chemist_warehouse_in.html

Latest posts

Back