OFFICIAL Heamasi Makasini #303

One of the worst performances by a winger in our colours is certainly a stretch. Other then the two errors he made what else did he do to constitute it being one of the worst performances in our colours? Compared to games i've seen guys like Brent Naden, Asu Kepaoa, Junior Pauga, Nofoaluma bloody Jordank Rankin have for us Makasini had a fine game Lol.
Completely out of position for the Broncos second try to Mariner, trying to rundown the sideline and getting taken over the sideline by Staggs in the last two minutes on 4th tackle and robbing us of a chance to get a field goal (he doesn’t deserve all the blame for that, he shouldn't have got the ball in the first place)

All those guys had some pretty terrible games (don’t get me started on Naden) but I can’t recall one from them one where we were winning against the premiers, had all the momentum but then nearly all of their mistakes single-handedly lead to the other team winning. With those guys, you usually had at least 3 or 4 other muppets making similar mistakes in the team at the time.

Like I said, he’s allowed to make mistakes as a rookie. I didn’t give him shit at the time for being out of position for the Mariner try but dropping a simple pass, then an uncontested bomb, then trying to rundown the sideline when we needed a field goal are amateur errors and not nearly as forgivable.
 
DIfferent rules for players that are first picked, skelton was promoted, crapped the bed in souths game and was dropped. Luke made a number of errors and only missed out when he was suspended.
 
Repectfully, I couldn't diagree more Tigerman. I know everyone's an invidual and a young player's confidence can be fragile but, but coaches have to be fair and consistent by dropping any player after repeated poor performances. Benji is a good man manager and will do it carefully but, really, the team and Maka, himself, will benefit from having a stint in Cup. There shouldn't be preferential treatment. Heamasi cost us the game last night and has made countless defensive and offensive errors in the previous games. As a parallel, Skelton was dropped after one substandard performance.
You make valid points, can’t really argue with any of it.
 
Bula was carrying a shoulder injury, he absolutely should have passed it for Maka to take the run. Bula stuffed up by not passing it sooner, he looked like he was gonna run it then all of a sudden passed it. I was yelling, "pass it mate, protect your shoulder"...then bang...game over haha, so blame me for the loss I reckon
lol it’s all your fault!!!!! On a serious note , Bula you either pass straight away or you take the tackle. I think the two tries before halftime cost us that game more then makisini.
 
I reckon play him this week actually, unless he wants a break or his body isn’t up to it play him. We all saw what he did to Dylan edwards in his 3rd first grade game, just bide time and admire the Reynolds masterclass on Saturday, masi will be a gun the hard part is the wait
 
I reckon play him this week actually, unless he wants a break or his body isn’t up to it play him. We all saw what he did to Dylan edwards in his 3rd first grade game, just bide time and admire the Reynolds masterclass on Saturday, masi will be a gun the hard part is the wait
He hasn’t run like that sense the comp started
 
I reckon play him this week actually, unless he wants a break or his body isn’t up to it play him. We all saw what he did to Dylan edwards in his 3rd first grade game, just bide time and admire the Reynolds masterclass on Saturday, masi will be a gun the hard part is the wait
That Dylan Edwadds mogging was a trial game.

Impressive nonetheless.
 
Unless he's not fully fit, he deserves the chance to bounce back from those errors. The same was given to Luke L. I do agree however, that he is looking a bit tired. Wouldnt it be nice if we didn't have that round 1 bye!
 
Unless he's not fully fit, he deserves the chance to bounce back from those errors. The same was given to Luke L. I do agree however, that he is looking a bit tired. Wouldnt it be nice if we didn't have that round 1 bye!
I've taken the 2 points and flushed The Bye.
 
So he can get away with mistakes but Skelton has to pay for his


But I think a week off will help him don't want to burn him out and so many rookies get rested to not burn them out

If I was Benji I would give a week off and tell him he is already selected in two weeks time
What about who replaces him has a blinder this weekend ?
Just drop him because you promised Maka he would be back.
Not something I would suggest would go down well for team harmony.
 
It’s not a sitter when you’re not expecting it. Why would any player in their right mind pass the ball a metre before the defence to a player not expecting it. I agree makisini should have still caught it but I put more blame on bula.
A player should always be expecting the ball. If he wasnt expecting it, then thats a Makasini problem, not a Bula one.

Throwing a pass a metre before the line is generally when the best opportunities present themselves if the runner is in the correct spot.

It wasnt a hospital pass. Therefore, the blame sits with Makasini; he should have caught it.
 
That Dylan Edwadds mogging was a trial game.

Impressive nonetheless.
In hindsight worst thing that happened to him
Created expectations internally and externally so he is very closely covered.often double teamed. and banged hard and dominatedwith the ball,and not so great in defence either
Im quite surprised as Suaali seemed to progess quickly,and is about 10kgs lighter
He needs a break and a reset
 
DIfferent rules for players that are first picked, skelton was promoted, crapped the bed in souths game and was dropped. Luke made a number of errors and only missed out when he was suspended.
Difference is Skeltons mistake costs us the game like Maka. Luke’s mistake didn’t!
 
A player should always be expecting the ball. If he wasnt expecting it, then thats a Makasini problem, not a Bula one.

Throwing a pass a metre before the line is generally when the best opportunities present themselves if the runner is in the correct spot.

It wasnt a hospital pass. Therefore, the blame sits with Makasini; he should have caught it.
Just on the pass from Bula…..
I think Bula was in two minds and probably should have either passed earlier or run it himself. Also you are probably indicating you are going to pass it with eyes, communication or signs in that situation.
Equally Maka should be positioning himself to receive a pass and or support Bula and should be catching that ball.

I doubt it’s a mistake they will make again.
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top