Heath Mason

king_sirro

I'm thinking this guy is one of those footballers that will never truly make it but could be a huge asset if used correctly. I reckon we train this guy up at hooker. He then plays 14 covering every position in the backline, gives Api a rest when needed and also provides spark through the middle at lock for small periods.

Looks very small, in height.
Gutsy player though.

Tough ask but yeah, see how he goes in cup.

Looks out of place at the back especially regarding high balls. He does play with effort but isn’t close to NRL ready.

I'm thinking this guy is one of those footballers that will never truly make it but could be a huge asset if used correctly. I reckon we train this guy up at hooker. He then plays 14 covering every position in the backline, gives Api a rest when needed and also provides spark through the middle at lock for small periods.
Said something like this after the first trial like a young Connor Watson

We mentioned this in the game thread …i don’t see him as 14 or a hooker

Looks like the backup fullback ,.,

He is probably one of the best 17 players in the team though… but doesn’t have a position unfortunately

So were you playing him? let me guess ..
He’s at least 12 months off being a regular in an NRL top 17 and I honestly don’t know what his best position is, but he’s got class, that’s for certain.

He’s at least 12 months off being a regular in an NRL top 17 and I honestly don’t know what his best position is, but he’s got class, that’s for certain.
And you think Bula is a dud. You're a great judge...

And you think Bula is a dud. You're a great judge...

To be fair Vicious did say was at least 12mths away & didn’t know his position.

He also hasn’t said Bula is a dud, some of his points on Bula makes sense but also is abit harsh on Bula given the current construct of our formations / game plans.

To be fair Vicious did say was at least 12mths away & didn’t know his position.

He also hasn’t said Bula is a dud, some of his points on Bula makes sense but also is abit harsh on Bula given the current construct of our formations / game plans.
He might as well be 12 years away. He's not an NRL prospect. Bula is a star.

He might as well be 12 years away. He's not an NRL prospect. Bula is a star.
Mate I agree Bulla is a star and will get better...Mason is still young but has plenty of heart and courage,I wouldnt be to hard on the kid yet,let him learn...

I don’t see it with Mason tbh the fact he looks scared of the high balls speaks volume.

Agree on Bula
Heath should concentrate on learning all the skills that Api has mastered and be a sponge. Hooker or maybe half is where he belongs. If that works out, he won't have to catch many high balls.

Heath should concentrate on learning all the skills that Api has mastered and be a sponge. Hooker or maybe half is where he belongs. If that works out, he won't have to catch many high balls.
We already have Simpkin and TDS. No need to make things complicated for the sake of it.

Members online

Back