Hello Darkness My Old Friend

The major problem I have with the pom pom positive Pollyanna’s is that when it all goes to shit you turn around and blame coaching (ala Pascoe), despite all of us negative Nelly’s telling you all off-season we don’t have a good enough roster.
The roster's not good enough to win the comp but it's good enough to compete. The Dragons roster is red hot, despite their performances last year and we got beat by a top 6 team. Yes, we weren't much good but that Dragons left edge will crush a lot of good sides this season. We're good enough to beat Canberra. I'll judge us after that game.

The roster's not good enough to win the comp but it's good enough to compete. The Dragons roster is red hot, despite their performances last year and we got beat by a top 6 team. Yes, we weren't much good but that Dragons left edge will crush a lot of good sides this season. We're good enough to beat Canberra. I'll judge us after that game.
Us and the Dragons are currently jockeying for wooden spoon favouritism. The amount of analytical data this is based on would likely blow your mind.

We have a handful of very good, even elite players but the roster gets too thin too quick.

Us and the Dragons are currently jockeying for wooden spoon favouritism. The amount of analytical data this is based on would likely blow your mind.
Well I'll be having money on the Dragons to make the eight then. I'll put my money where my mouth is and we'll see how good the "analytical data" is.

Would you like to put your money where your mouth is? I'll bet you $100 the Dragons make the eight.
Mate I’m not taking your money but get on sports bet and you’ll get better than two to one 👍

$6.50 with TAB. Turn your hunjee into $650.

Last edited:
The bottom line is we are the reigning wooden spooners and have introduced a new no7 and a new no6 into our team plus a few other new players spread over the 17. Cohesion is going to take time both in attack and defence. So it’s going to be a massive struggle for the first two months at least

The bottom line is we are the reigning wooden spooners and have introduced a new no7 and a new no6 into our team plus a few other new players spread over the 17. Cohesion is going to take time both in attack and defence. So it’s going to be a massive struggle for the first two months at least
Our number 7 will likely be on a walking frame in 2 months time.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
They’re a Ben Hunt injury away from oblivion.
If hes happy - he seems to be (which he wasnt last year) and stays injury free theyll finish in front of us imo....ive always said theyre a good team on paper particulalry the backs, just not sure why it wasnt working...probably a lack of respect for the then coach had something to do with it

If hes happy - he seems to be (which he wasnt last year) and stays injury free theyll finish in front of us imo....ive always said theyre a good team on paper particulalry the backs, just not sure why it wasnt working...probably a lack of respect for the then coach had something to do with it
They’re a bit like us in that they have some good players but beneath the surface you’re looking at untried juniors and journeymen. They won’t be able to cover injuries to key personnel. Just like us, they’d need a charmed run with injuries and some kids to catch fire.

Thread title summed it up and OP summarized my journey for the last 2 weeks. To get pummeled by St G was hard to watch. Coming from rock (rock) bottom guys. At least there isn’t another team in the comp to make us 18th this year. Will watch and complain nonetheless
lucky its not like the English remier League, we would have been demoted a few times now

Latest posts

Members online

Back