Home ground

Rugba

Whilst this year due to the covid situation it does not apply so much , I really do believe the tigers need to settle on an home ground , whether it’s Campbelltown , Leichhardt , Homebush or sfs (bankwest whilst great is in actual parra and will always be considered the eels home ground ).
Why do they need a home ground ?

If they want to be semi finalist you need to build a fortress at your home ground , why do you think manly are always in the mix , they win majority of games at brooky, eels ditto with bankwest and many other clubs .
The tigers need a fortress of their own otherwise they give a head start to all the other teams each and every year.

Then you have the whole identity issue , but really by playing at all these different grounds they give up their home ground advantage .

To make the 8 you generally have to win half your games , build a fortress and you secure 80% of those wins

Had last nights game been played at Leichhardt Oval you would have seen Home Ground Fortress advantage . Last night’s decision to play at SCG and not Leichhardt forfeited any advantage and the scoreboard showed that . Why Campbelltown didn’t swap a home game with Leichhardt only comes down to pig headed board members... anyway they hot their wish and gave up on regaining the energy left in the sheds at Leichhardt after the Boncos game ...Warriors would have been giggling at the choice of ground last night .....

@Hopo said in [Home ground](/post/1194648) said:
Had last nights game been played at Leichhardt Oval you would have seen Home Ground Fortress advantage . Last night’s decision to play at SCG and not Leichhardt forfeited any advantage and the scoreboard showed that . Why Campbelltown didn’t swap a home game with Leichhardt only comes down to pig headed board members... anyway they hot their wish and gave up on regaining the energy left in the sheds at Leichhardt after the Boncos game ...Warriors would have been giggling at the choice of ground last night .....

Leichhardt was already booked by Rugby when the decision was made due to covid to move the game from Campbelltown as was Bankwest for soccer..ANZ was also unavailable..

Maybe they should have given Woolongong a go..66% winning record there..

@Geo said in [Home ground](/post/1194676) said:

Leichhardt was already booked by Rugby when the decision was made due to covid to move the game from Campbelltown as was Bankwest for soccer..ANZ was also unavailable..

What Rugby game?
They should of got on the front foot.
When I was at the Broncos game I was already thinking mentioning that the Warriors game will probably be have to played at Leichhardt.
They should of acted then. Not waited till the final hour.
And why should we not have the rights to play at our home ground for a ground that is for a league team over a rugby team.
The rugby could have gone to SCG, that was available.

Giving your opposition an equal chance ...stupid

Playing at the SCG ....priceless

@hobbo1 said in [Home ground](/post/1194689) said:
@Tiger_Steve said in [Home ground](/post/1194686) said:
This is a new debate...

The ground ain’t the problem!

We could play on Mars and still suck

The Martian Molecules are a tough side at home ...beat Jupiter Vapours

You’re right, like the home ground advantage we had in round 25 last year playing for a finals spot and got thumped

Home ground isn’t the issue for us sucking

Over the course of a year playing at the one ground allows to make it a fortress and allows you to win majority of home games. Having the odd game at LO or CS does not allow them to be fortresses to build a advantage

You do realise that Leichhardt was not available. don't you?

It is a council ground and rented out before we knew we would require it.

Not good to go off half cocked.

Walking out of the SCG last night it dawned on me as I walked past a giant Roosters logo. It’s crystal clear where Wests Tigers problems lie.

It’s not the coach. No matter who coaches this team we get the same results. Sign Madge long term.

It is the front office. The signing this week of an unproven Rooster, allowing them to get SBW stunk. Heads need to roll..

We need one home ground. I don’t care which one it is just pick one. Spend money on Leichhardt or Campbelltown and be done with it.

We need to sign a forward pack full of hard men who know how to win games. Brooks needs to be the halfback behind a strong pack, give him half a chance for once.

Until I see progress along these lines I’m out, can’t do it to myself anymore.

@Needaname said in [Home ground](/post/1194712) said:

What Rugby game?
When I was at the Broncos game I was already thinking mentioning that the Warriors game will probably be have to played at Leichhardt.
And why should we not have the rights to play at our home ground for a ground that is for a league team over a rugby team.

The Western Force played at Leichhardt last night, nothing we could do about it. All our homegrounds were being used by someone else.

@cochise said in [Home ground](/post/1194818) said:

What Rugby game?

The Western Force played at Leichhardt last night, nothing we could do about it. All our homegrounds were being used by someone else.

Well that’s not good enough .. I am sure the board can accommodate with another home ground somewhere ...that logic of being spread all over the city thinking how much ground we cover how great ! Well its FOOLS gold, give our club an identity .. not much intelligence around that board room table !

@BAGNF05 said in [Home ground](/post/1194760) said:
Walking out of the SCG last night it dawned on me as I walked past a giant Roosters logo. It’s crystal clear where Wests Tigers problems lie.

It’s not the coach. No matter who coaches this team we get the same results. Sign Madge long term.

It is the front office. The signing this week of an unproven Rooster, allowing them to get SBW stunk. Heads need to roll..

We need one home ground. I don’t care which one it is just pick one. Spend money on Leichhardt or Campbelltown and be done with it.

We need to sign a forward pack full of hard men who know how to win games. Brooks needs to be the halfback behind a strong pack, give him half a chance for once.

Until I see progress along these lines I’m out, can’t do it to myself anymore.

True. I mean we already had the kid for next year if they really wanted to make room we should have asked for Issac Liu or Takieho.

What Rugby game?

Obviously we don’t have enough home grounds then!

Snake?

@Tiger_Steve said in [Home ground](/post/1194986) said:

What Rugby game?

Snake?

Well we got a new one last night.

@cochise said in [Home ground](/post/1194994) said:
@Tiger_Steve said in [Home ground](/post/1194986) said:

What Rugby game?

Snake?

Well we got a new one last night.

I was sitting in the Noble stand. Great for cricket but footy? Nah!
Whole game was down the other end.
Watched the big screen all night

Latest posts

Back