@cochise said in [Home ground](/post/1195072) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Home ground](/post/1195069) said:
@cochise said in [Home ground](/post/1195067) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Home ground](/post/1195060) said:
@cochise said in [Home ground](/post/1194818) said:
@Needaname said in [Home ground](/post/1194712) said:
@Geo said in [Home ground](/post/1194676) said:
@Hopo said in [Home ground](/post/1194648) said:
Had last nights game been played at Leichhardt Oval you would have seen Home Ground Fortress advantage . Last night’s decision to play at SCG and not Leichhardt forfeited any advantage and the scoreboard showed that . Why Campbelltown didn’t swap a home game with Leichhardt only comes down to pig headed board members... anyway they hot their wish and gave up on regaining the energy left in the sheds at Leichhardt after the Boncos game ...Warriors would have been giggling at the choice of ground last night .....

Leichhardt was already booked by Rugby when the decision was made due to covid to move the game from Campbelltown as was Bankwest for soccer..ANZ was also unavailable..

Maybe they should have given Woolongong a go..66% winning record there..

What Rugby game?
They should of got on the front foot.
When I was at the Broncos game I was already thinking mentioning that the Warriors game will probably be have to played at Leichhardt.
They should of acted then. Not waited till the final hour.
And why should we not have the rights to play at our home ground for a ground that is for a league team over a rugby team.
The rugby could have gone to SCG, that was available.

The Western Force played at Leichhardt last night, nothing we could do about it. All our homegrounds were being used by someone else.

Tamworth was available ?

Damn missed opportunity there, I think we should play our next home game at Kogarah.

Leonay oval

Yes please, I live in Penrith and my golf course is next door. Perfect venue.

I’m there twice a week as my young bloke plays for Emu

Nice mate, you live out this way?

Up the hill ....above the smog , below the fog

Knock, knock. How far up? Blaxland here.
Good spot!

Had last nights game been played at Leichhardt Oval you would have seen Home Ground Fortress advantage . Last night’s decision to play at SCG and not Leichhardt forfeited any advantage and the scoreboard showed that . Why Campbelltown didn’t swap a home game with Leichhardt only comes down to pig headed board members... anyway they hot their wish and gave up on regaining the energy left in the sheds at Leichhardt after the Boncos game ...Warriors would have been giggling at the choice of ground last night .....

Wow, some people really need to get their fact right.

Why do people still think Leichhardt is a fortress? It's far from.

@Honkylips said in [Home ground](/post/1195607) said:

It is still our best win rate as a club

Um no. We haven’t been that great winning at Leichhardt in the past few years. I forget what the record is but I’m pretty sure it’s on the negative side.

@Honkylips said in [Home ground](/post/1195607) said:

I don't know why anyone thinks anywhere in Sydney is a "fortress", especially during COVID when the crowds are only a few thousand. Just depends on how good your team is - Brookvale is a fortress only when Manly has a good side, and is anything but when they are struggling.

Roosters are the best team in the comp 3 years straight and there's nothing fortress at all about SCG or SFS for them, they are just a stacked football side.

The only places that can become fortresses are locations where opposition fans can't/don't travel or there is some specific geographical advantage. E.g. huge one-sided crowd at Suncorp, Sat night wet weather footy in Auckland, hot humid Saturdays in Townsville, cold Friday nights in Melbourne or Saturdays Canberra.

Everyone in Sydney is in mostly the same boat, playing a handful of games here at "classical" home grounds and the rest at Homebush, Bankwest, SFS, SCG etc. Penrith Stadium is not a fortress, nor is Belmore or Redfern (and their clubs don't play there anyway), Jubilee or Wollongong are not a difficult trip, nor is Shark Park. Bankwest is not a particular advantage for Eels unless they are having their periodic good season.

Latest posts

Back