Home Semi-Final

Knuckles

Its becoming increasingly likely that we will finish in the top four and host a semi final. More than likely, the club will play it at Moore Park. But if we play Easts or Souths, do you think the club would play it at Cambo or Leichhardt ? Be unfortunate to give one of those two our home advantage.

No chance of either grounds getting used.

Contractually obliged to the SFS from memory

If we played at the SFS against the Cocks, they'd be lucky to have their entire fan base of 1,000 turn up to the game so I don't think we'd be surrendering a home ground advantage.

@smeghead said:
No chance of either grounds getting used.

Contractually obliged to the SFS from memory

Gee thats a shame …...... I think we would still outnumber souths and Easts in the event that happened but would be great if the day ever came when we hosted a semi at one of our traditional grounds.

Maybe with all this "supposed" extra revenue from the new mobile phone arrangements ..... that will allow us to abandon this corporate cow-towing and go back to our traditional grounds.

It might allow another game each to our traditional homes at the end of the current arrangement.

However the current arrangement allows a good revenue and far better crowd capacity. SFS is also a preffered TV venue for Nine. This exposure also adds to our bottom line.

All however means jackschitt when it comes down to just what a top 4 finish is supposed to be all about, that being a home game with the _advantage_ of playing at home
Nice easy out for the club too in not having to make a hard decision

@smeghead said:
It might allow another game each to our traditional homes at the end of the current arrangement.

However the current arrangement allows a good revenue and far better crowd capacity. SFS is also a preffered TV venue for Nine. This exposure also adds to our bottom line.

Yes, I've heard all the arguments (mainly financial) for doing it. You'd think if other clubs could play all their games at home that we could do it too. The three leagues clubs, all the merchandising receipts, memberships, sponsorships etc. ….. you'd think if any club could do it, it would be Wests Tigers. We arent the paupers we used to be.

@brisbane tiger said:
we will not make top 4 with our run home…

Hopefully 6th or 7th.

are you a brisbane tiger or brisbane bronco.be positive it might just shock the pants off you.we can easily be top four.heck we can win this thing self belief is a fundamental first step in success and we deserve some.

@innsaneink said:
All however means jackschitt when it comes down to just what a top 4 finish is supposed to be all about, that being a home game with the _advantage_ of playing at home

So you'd happily shut out 20,000 fellow Tigers supporters so you can watch a home final at Leichhardt or Campbelltown? If we made the top four, we'd come close to selling out ANZ Stadium.

Home ground advantage really worked for St. George at chOKI Jubilee last year didn't it?

It's a better arrangement for the club (especially financially,) and for the fans to play at the SFS as opposed to one of the spiritual homes.

I'm certain the arrangement is for Finals to be played at SFS.

It doesnt matter about Financial benefit, as I didnt think the clubs recieved any revenue from 'Home' finals. Doesnt the gate go to the NRL?

Lets just see what happens, one loss combined with other results going against can see us drop right down

@magpie mania said:
@brisbane tiger said:
we will not make top 4 with our run home…

Hopefully 6th or 7th.

are you a brisbane tiger or brisbane bronco.be positive it might just shock the pants off you.we can easily be top four.heck we can win this thing self belief is a fundamental first step in success and we deserve some.

Hope your right…but in my opinion we are about the 6th best team in the comp at the moment and what happens in the finals is totally up to the boys, but i still see us finishing outside the 4 sorry.

... and don't swear at me mate (bronco), just cos i have Brisbane in my title. All the cool names were taken lol.

:sign:

@Cultured Bogan said:
@innsaneink said:

So you'd happily shut out 20,000 fellow Tigers supporters so you can watch a home final at Leichhardt or Campbelltown? If we made the top four, we'd come close to selling out ANZ Stadium.

Home ground advantage really worked for St. George at chOKI Jubilee last year didn't it?

It's a better arrangement for the club (especially financially,) and for the fans to play at the SFS as opposed to one of the spiritual homes.

My only wish is what is best for the team to win.
Remember we are talking about possibly playing a team at their **real** home ground.
I think we'd have more chance beating them in a semi at Cambo or LO as opposed to their home ground.
I await someone to raise the moronic point that they beat us at cambo earlier this year.

Yes lets shut out 20,000 supporters to play at one of the crapola grounds . Lets not talk about Liechardt being a fortress that view was gone many years ago.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@innsaneink said:

Yes …... thats a good point. But thats what the home ground concept means otherwise why have it ? Most Sydney clubs can't host a home semi and get all their fans in ............. but should they still have it ? I guess when they voted for it the obvious answer is yes.

You're obviously not a fan of the home semi final system ?

@Cultured Bogan said:
If we made the top four, we'd come close to selling out ANZ Stadium.

I don't know about that. In 2005, week 1 of the finals, ANZ Stadium wasn't even half full when we played against North Queensland.

Yes …... I doubt we'd draw 50,000 for a semi against Easts either.

I think the club should play it at Cambo or Leichhardt and the alternate the next time we have a home semi.
Saints, Manly and Penrith host their semis in suburban grounds and get the best advantage ......

The SFS is the best option outside of Leichardt

You won't get a big enough crowd to ANZ to make it worthwhile, that's why we don't play there now

If we do play the Roosters, well, they have about 2000 fans, so it's still hardly a home game for them at SFS.
If we play Souths, their fans TRAVEL, there'd still be a lot of them at any of our home grounds.

Campbo is a dud choice - there is NO atmosphere there even if it's got 18 000 Tiger fans. It was practically full against the Roosters but didn't help us a bit.

Leichardt offers the best smallground atmosphere in the league - that's what you want in a big game and I believe got us over the line against Canberra.

The SFS is the perfect size - room for the family and yob supporters like my mates and I. Think of the Eels game last year. We lost, but it's probably the best game of footy I've been to and the crowd size played a big part of that.

Latest posts

Back