Hypothetical question

liltiger

Hi all was just contemplating something after our win on the weekend and although our second half was a bit shaky we got the win what I was wondering though was and I'll preface this by mentioning I understand were only one round in but just hypothetically if we can win about three of our first four games of four of our first five games what would you do with farah. The reason I ask is because I'm not a fan of breaking up a winning team to fit anyone in. What do all you guys think.

When Farah is fit he will be back in the team, under the instructions to get quick quality ball to our halves.

Given Robbie is the current SOO hooker you would expect that he would be in the 17, even if off the bench, particularly as Ballin isn't expected back until roughly round 8\. However, you never know what Taylor may do if the Tigers start the season on fire over the first 4 rounds but it would be a huge call to leave Robbie out altogether.

What has me most intrigued was the speed we did everything at pace in the first half against the warriors I'm just interested to see if when robbie does come back if it will slow our play down at all.

Interesting was thinking the same thing yesterday however and its a big one we have still only won one game and that was only due to our first half. So its a long way off still but for mine it may Holt Robbie's comeback until he is 100%.

if it ain't broke…........................

Farah on the sideline, watching.
Dressed in a suit, fency or track, don't care.

His kicking game alone makes him a auto selection and his forty odd tackles a game helps his chances. In saying that he has to get quick and early ball to the 6 and 7

If we start 4-0 its a fair question. It would be great if we did really.

It would emower the coach and Robbie would have to perform. Good clubs have competition for spots we should aim for that across the paddock.

However, lets not get ahead of ourselves. The stats say otherwise and to a decent extent.

As much as people don't like Farah here i hardly think Halatau would be a better starting option.

@Eddie said:
If we start 4-0 its a fair question. It would be great if we did really.

It would emower the coach and Robbie would have to perform. Good clubs have competition for spots we should aim for that across the paddock.

However, lets not get ahead of ourselves. The stats say otherwise and to a decent extent.

As much as people don't like Farah here i hardly think Halatau would be a better starting option.

Was gonna say the same, Halatau is not a better option than Robbie at 9.

You'd have to find a spot for him somewhere no matter what our start, and regardless of his off field crap, hes too good on-field not to be in the team when fit.
Coaches like these headaches

If many games were to occur as first game, first half on fire and second half down the cliff, bring Robbie in at half time and if he can't stem the flow well that is when ask serious questions. But I don't expect WT to get such a good lead in many games so will be a more difficult slog.

Agreed ink.

It's a really good headache to have if the team is winning more than they loose and Ballin to come in aswell…..i honestly don't know how his going to go about it ? Halatau will be holding some sort of Utility role on the bench as you can play him anywhere in the backrow and can cover hooker.

If everyone fit ? i'd go

8\. Woods
9\. Farah
10\. Grant
11\. Lawrence
12\. Sironen
13\. Sue

14\. Halatau
15\. Ava
16\. Aloiai
17\. Cherrington

Even then i'm still leaving out Edwards , Ballin , Lovett

Edwards is back this week in the INTRUST CUP and will be a handy addition when fully fit, JT has one headache to contend and Ballin will not let anyone down.
Keeps everyone on there toes.

He will play when he is fit. Hopefully he performs well enough to convince another club to take him for half prices for the remainder of his contract

The side will be strengthened when he returns. Natural leader on the field to aid Woods. Solid defence in the middle to sure up the ruck and a good short kicking game which we currently miss.

Farah comes straight back in to my hypothetical team…He will have a point to prove no matter how we are travelling more than likely it will be at the expense of Cherrington but there is a lot of water to travel under the imaginary bridge ...

As we have seen in Rd 1...injuries can strike at any time...touch Happy's Wooden noggin we are relatively injury free it will be a good headache to have..

If we're 4 wins - no losses, then it's farah on the bench and Cherrington starting in my opinion to give us the best chance of staying on course. Can't see us being in that position though. One can certainly hope.

Incidently, if we're travelling well towards the end of the season, I don't mind our run to the finals from about round 19.

Given CHerrington isn't starting now why would us being 4-0 mean moving Cherrington off the bench to start ? When Cherrington was on the field we were 6-26 I thnk last week and he hardly shone.

I wanted Robbie gone over summer but once he is fit he should and will start

I want to join in and offer my opinion but too many years as a tiger have taught me this…. We could be 4-0 or 1-3, and while we fans are entitled to talk hypotheticals, I get scared that the players will too! As ink said, good problem to have IF it becomes relevant.

Seriously? If we are 4-0 without Robbie imagine how good we will be when he returns?

It probably provides an opportunity for him not to be rushed
back and make a full recovery.

Latest posts

Back