I have a question

king_sirro

Who's job is it to make sure a football side plays with enthusiasm, intensity and commitment week in week out?

It doesnt matter if we go on to win tonight, the fact is we're a side that can get up for 1, 2 or maybe even 3 games, but we all know our commitment will drop back down again. I dont care if we have an off day, all sides do, but i cant handle when we play with no enthusiasm. Its simple, but a vital ingrediant to success.

My answer to my question is the coach. Players can always have off days and we can accept that, but its up to the coach to ensure the squad is working as one and enters each game with commitment and enthusiasm, if they play bad but have a dig, so be it.

Maybe Sheens supporters are right, he's a great coach, but maybe he just cant do what we need in regards to man management to get team to play with heart week in week out.

We dont expect miracles, but we expect a side that turns up every week, not just when they feel like it.

In my eyes this has been a very disappointing year for us…I believe our position on the ladder has more to do with the form of other sides rather than our own brilliance.

EMBARRASING.. bar Souths whether we win or loose this really is up their with that. Disgraceful!

My answer is each individual team member, who should be encouraging other team members

Hey we have lost plenty over the years we deserved to win so I will take this one thankyou very much. Payback for the game at CT last year we more than deserved to win.

@IronTiger said:
Hey we have lost plenty over the years we deserved to win so I will take this one thankyou very much. Payback for the game at CT last year we more than deserved to win.

LMAO!
Take your goddamned blinkers off.
We deserved nothing tonite, that was utter crap
I dont know how tigers fans in the crowd could cheer at the end of that rubbish
You really need to look at TONITE…not dismiss that and think of last year, the refs, souths, anything else...we were shit, nothing less and deserve [This word has been automatically removed] all
Pretenders

@king sirro said:
Who's job is it to make sure a football side plays with enthusiasm, intensity and commitment week in week out?

It doesnt matter if we go on to win tonight, the fact is we're a side that can get up for 1, 2 or maybe even 3 games, but we all know our commitment will drop back down again. I dont care if we have an off day, all sides do, but i cant handle when we play with no enthusiasm. Its simple, but a vital ingrediant to success.

My answer to my question is the coach. Players can always have off days and we can accept that, but its up to the coach to ensure the squad is working as one and enters each game with commitment and enthusiasm, if they play bad but have a dig, so be it.

Maybe Sheens supporters are right, he's a great coach, but maybe he just cant do what we need in regards to man management to get team to play with heart week in week out.

We dont expect miracles, but we expect a side that turns up every week, not just when they feel like it.

Defence and the scoreboard kept us in it….....

I agree Sheens needs to get more out of his senior players.....

I think the OP listened to Gould a little too much. Remember it was very wet and sloshy out there by the end.

watching the game I started to wonder if influenza or illness had gone thru the squad, heighno looked sick, others looked uninterested, slow and lethargic

@senexx said:
I think the OP listened to Gould a little too much. Remember it was very wet and sloshy out there by the end.

Thats not true Sennex….Sirro is right on the money.

We are supposedly the third best side so far this year...all that I see is an absolute rabble with a few freaks thrown in.

@senexx said:

the thread was made at halftime. Gould was critical but not too bad, he went very critical after halftime. Brisbane played in the same conditions and played with enthusiasm, we didnt.

@innsaneink said:
watching the game I started to wonder if influenza or illness had gone thru the squad, heighno looked sick, others looked uninterested, slow and lethargic

Thats every 2nd or third week with us Innk. We just dont turn up half the time

fair enough king sirro, just the words echo him word for word or so it seems.

i think that we were actually missing beau ryan in that department. honestly the number of times i have seen ryan gee the team up after a good play, a try, or even a bad play shows what an influence he has when it comes to enthusiasm.
hopefully his back next week will need him

@senexx said:

Really? When did Gould suggest its up to the coach to get us turning up each week? Or when did he even infer that?After all, thats what my post is about. Word for word with Gould, not in this case.

@king sirro said:
@senexx said:

Really? When did Gould suggest its up to the coach to get us turning up each week? Or when did he even infer that?After all, thats what my post is about. Word for word with Gould, not in this case.

Gus pretty much stuck up for Sheens…...All night

@Geo. said:
@king sirro said:
@senexx said:

Gus pretty much stuck up for Sheens…...All night

He always does, its sickening

@habibsta33 said:
i think that we were actually missing beau ryan in that department. honestly the number of times i have seen ryan gee the team up after a good play, a try, or even a bad play shows what an influence he has when it comes to enthusiasm.
hopefully his back next week will need him

This. He may not be the greatest player but Beau Ryan is the Wests Tigers enthusiasm.

@innsaneink said:

Same thought went through my head.
McKinnon looked white as a ghost.

Maybe you guys should turn the volume down and have a few bundy's. i was happy with the win.

Members online

Back