I just Watched the Manly game again!

chilbury

I don't know about you guys but Man we defended well, I have a funny feeling that we are going the thrash the Roosters and we will climb our way to the Grand Final!
i know its a big call but we have got our spirit Back just like 2005, we have a fair good run home and i believe this is our Year!!
what do you think? or em i Dreaming!???lol

I will feel a bit more confident about it if we get over the Roosters and Sharks. We should but I feel nervous about these games. I'll agree though that at the ground on Monday there was that feel of late 05 again.

I'm trying not to get ahead. I'm as nervous as hell about the Easts game. Wests are expected to turn up and get the 2 points, but we all know that will not be the case. The tigers will have to work incredibly hard to get the win. Confidence can come from winning, but the real confidence comes from a side's defence. Knowing that you can stop your opposition from posting points. Knowing that you can hold on to a lead. Defence is the ultimate confidence builder. It can come consecutively or it can come in bouts. At present, the confidence continues to build. But one slip in focus, in attitude and it can all come unstuck.

If Wests turn up respecting their opposition regardless of position on the premiership ladder, if they turn up with the attitude to make every tackle count, to use every last drop of fuel in the tank, if they turn up with the mentality of not letting their 'brother' beside them down, of supporting the man with the ball, encouraging one another etc…..then regardless of their opposition, Wests Tigers are a chance, as a good as any other team to give the competition a shake. Class, talent, ability, personnel helps attribute to success, but morale and spirit can topple an mountain deemed to be too high or team perceived to be to strong.

Roosters this week.....C'mon the Cat-Birds!! We believe in you

I very nearly threw up in those last 90 seconds. I don't know if I can take that again so soon.

So here's hoping for a result where we have it in the bag with 15 to go.

Still 5 weeks to go before the finals and anything can happen. It's a lot different than 05 too because we were well and truly in the 8 with 5 rounds remaining. We're still not in the 8 yet and must knock over the Roosters and Sharks because the final 3 games will be pretty tough to win.

I always one to get ahead of myself, especially at Golf, but I have succomb to the Wests Tigers & Gobbs new Mantra of one game at a time.

I still can't stop myself thinking of the dream though…..it's only 9 straight wins away....*slap face...slap face*....sorry one game at a time

Yeah I was nervous watching the reply! Hahaha

But our defence was incredible!! The players were out on their legs by the end and to hold on was great to watch. Also, throughout the game i think it's clear that Ayshford has no faith in giving the ball to Ryan unless he has noone within 20 meters of him…

This season does have a 05 smell about it. Its a game by game propesition at this stage but I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride ATM and dont dare to dream of what might be.

Can't get excited at the moment, as above, after the Rorters and the Gummie's games…. we'll see.

@badger said:
This season does have a 05 smell about it. Its a game by game propesition at this stage but I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride ATM and dont dare to dream of what might be.

Watch out for Gallant!! i think his a diamond in the rough!!! he's found his feet in the last two matches with that speed he can be a godsend to the Tigers backs!
sure he missed tackles but hey Manly have a big pack..

I'm getting the 05 vibe and what's more, I think this squad is better.

Sheens has finally settled on a combination that works in the halves, the backline are in their rightful positions and starting to see some good service, the forwards are giving their all, and Farah has a point to prove after his not-so-great Origin debut. And we have Tuiaki.

No cautious optimism here folks, strap yourselves in for the ride…

On a side note, the odds on the Tigers to win the comp before the Canberra game 2 weeks ago were 81/1, same as the odds I got at the beginning of 05...

Granted the signs look good, we're on the improve but as boring as it may seem…..one week at a time. For fear of dissapointment i simply can't entertain thoughts of comparison with 2005\. Honestly, im just hoping to beat the roosters this weekend.

Yep you are dreaming, it is light years too early to be talking about the GF, we are still odds on to miss the finals series all together.

nothing wrong with the dream at all! there wouldnt be a single one of us here who doesnt want the same thing.
i completely agree with the feel of 05 being here, mostly because what i remember most from then is the awesome line defence the tiges had and i can see a lot of that right now.
only thing is that we have all been burnt too many times since to truly open ourselves up to it!
06, 07 and 08 were all years that "shouldve been" - most notable for me is the last 4 games of 07 (was it?) and still only having to beat newcastle (who were last) in the last game and going down again along with the game against souths at leichhardt last year when the guys went missing when push came to shove…so while i am as hopeful as anyone else, i can certainly understand the hesitance amongst us.

@turnstyle said:
nothing wrong with the dream at all! there wouldnt be a single one of us here who doesnt want the same thing.
i completely agree with the feel of 05 being here, mostly because what i remember most from then is the awesome line defence the tiges had and i can see a lot of that right now.
only thing is that we have all been burnt too many times since to truly open ourselves up to it!
06, 07 and 08 were all years that "shouldve been" - most notable for me is the last 4 games of 07 (was it?) and still only having to beat newcastle (who were last) in the last game and going down again along with the game against souths at leichhardt last year when the guys went missing when push came to shove…so while i am as hopeful as anyone else, i can certainly understand the hesitance amongst us.

Why does everyone have to bring up that bloody game V Newcastle '07…............Most gutted feeling as a supporter of the JV to date....Almost obiterated from my memory....Thanks turnstyle...love ya work......Vuna made Benji look like a goose....

I was genuinely shocked how anxious I was watching the recording of the Manly game.

Even knowing the result could not stop the nerves. It is very weird

I'd watch it again but I don't have foxtel. My only option is nrl.com and it is so slow I see 2 seconds then have to wait another 10 seconds for it to buffer.

Are there other sites I can see it on where it buffers correctly (similar to youtube)?

@smeghead said:
I was genuinely shocked how anxious I was watching the recording of the Manly game.

I had that same feeling in the replay as well Smeg!

As far as the 05 vibe goes, I gotta be honest, if this was 05, I would be thinking "yep, we're gonna smash the Roosters and Sharks in the next couple of weeks". But Im not thinking that, Im still worried that there is a slip up around the corner that could just break the players spirits and all this hard work goes down the drain! :cry:

@Jazza said:
@smeghead said:

I had that same feeling in the replay as well Smeg!

As far as the 05 vibe goes, I gotta be honest, if this was 05, I would be thinking "yep, we're gonna smash the Roosters and Sharks in the next couple of weeks". **But Im not thinking that, Im still worried that there is a slip up around the corner that could just break the players spirits and all this hard work goes down the drain!** :cry:

I think that is the underlying fear we all have. It's dead set nerve racking. Anxiety at its very best.

@Geo. said:
Why does everyone have to bring up that bloody game V Newcastle '07…............Most gutted feeling as a supporter of the JV to date....Almost obiterated from my memory....Thanks turnstyle...love ya work......Vuna made Benji look like a goose....

sorry geo! i just dont want to see you get hurt again!! :laughing:

Staff online

Back