If Madge fails.....

tigerap

If Madge fails to turn the WT into a successful team, and by this I mean semi finals footy in 2021 and beyond if he stays...I see the club throwing in the towel....

@Kazoo-Kid said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194467) said:
If Madge can't fix us no one can. We can't take much more of this.

When he was giving them the spray at half time they looked like they’d clocked off... not a good sign.

@avocadoontoast said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194468) said:

When he was giving them the spray at half time they looked like they’d clocked off... not a good sign.

How many sprays can a grown man take ?
I woulda told him to get ......

@hobbo1 said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194469) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194468) said:

How many sprays can a grown man take ?
I woulda told him to get ......

Yeah It doesn’t seem to motivate the team at all. Has the opposite effect.

Also a little concerned as to why he played Twal and AD tonight. AD has been running on one leg for weeks and Twal just wasn’t ready.

Bellamy could coach Mbye, Lawry, Benji, Brooks and co and nothing would change. It is just not in their personalities.

Simple question: replace Mbye / Benji as our team leader with Nick Graham and where would we be. Sharks have leas talent than us, but they have a leader.

Edit: I mean Wade Graham.

Nick Graham must have been a Freudian slip....a true Tiger signing....

@tigerap said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194464) said:
If Madge fails to turn the WT into a successful team, and by this I mean semi finals footy in 2021 and beyond if he stays...**I see the club throwing in the towel....**

I honestly wish they would right now, there’s gotta be more to life than following a bunch of perennial losers year after year after year - it does nothing for my mental health.

@ElleryHanley said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194479) said:
Bellamy could coach Mbye, Lawry, Benji, Brooks and co and nothing would change. It is just not in their personalities.

Simple question: replace Mbye / Benji as our team leader with Nick Graham and where would we be. Sharks have leas talent than us, but they have a leader.

Didn't know Bill Lawry was playing tonight. He may as well have been.

I don’t blame Madge. If the players don’t buy in to what he is doing then see you later I say

@Red88_Tiger said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194491) said:
I don’t blame Madge. If the players don’t buy in to what he is doing then see you later I say. Hope reserve grade is fun

I believe he will fix it.
Just has to have the roster he wants
A lot of cleary deadwood still choking up the cap.
I said it before, if we have to pay overs for some serious class players, then do it. Cant be worse than 750k plus each for reynolds, packer and mybe

@Spud_Murphy said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194482) said:
@tigerap said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194464) said:
If Madge fails to turn the WT into a successful team, and by this I mean semi finals footy in 2021 and beyond if he stays...**I see the club throwing in the towel....**

I honestly wish they would right now, there’s gotta be more to life than following a bunch of perennial losers year after year after year - it does nothing for my mental health.

This year I was very hesitant about becoming a member of the club, as I have been for the past 13 years. But they made what I thought was a couple of good signings so I decided to stay on as a member......but honestly this mob are just awful, nothing seems to change does it ! :angry:

Apparently we have a good coach and a lot of the players are good quality, but this just doesn't convert to wins, we seem to have too many ups and downs, most inconsistent no heart., and no pride it seems- and yes as ardent followers of this club, I believe it can have some effect on our mental health:-1: ( and the coaches too I'm thinking )

I wouldn't be surprised if Madge throws in the towel, most of the time after these losses he looks as if he's be crying, as most of us are almost doing as well......just not good enough.
To me this loss puts and end to our season:disappointed_relieved:

What happened to the 3 year extension..

Oh I see we are back to not his team...no one would make the 17 at any other Club

Whenever there is a thread outlining who is off contract everyone starts talking about who they do and dont want to keep. People get emotional about players they have liked for years and often make a case for them to stay.

Well I would put a line through anyone under 24. Anyone that has been satisfied with mediocrity. Anyone that has not had a dig when times got tough, or anyone that just cannot consistently perform at that level. Not having lower grades this year is a massive setback for us. Madge needs to get quality talent in the lower grades and bring it through like the sharks do.

Madge needs to be extended but no doubt this is a much harder job than he expected.

@PJ said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194514) said:
I believe he will fix it.
Just has to have the roster he wants
A lot of cleary deadwood still choking up the cap.
I said it before, if we have to pay overs for some serious class players, then do it. Cant be worse than 750k plus each for reynolds, packer and mybe

Yep, this is still the main issue. So many average players which yes when you think about it wouldn’t be in a lot of other team’s starting lineups. It was always going to take years to get out of this mess.

The most frustrating thing is our cap was in a great position until it all went to waste - Cleary blew it. And we’ll keep feeling the impact of that until those players are gone.

@Geo said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194539) said:
What happened to the 3 year extension..

Oh I see we are back to not his team...no one would make the 17 at any other Club

Go back to bed

Maguire is not the problem it is the players he inherited. The juniors not playing this year has not helped. Need to get rid of overpaid players and say good bye to Lawrence and Marshall season end. I would be blooding players like Madden now with eye on 2021. Give Dylan Smith a go at full back or new signing AJ. Still hurting from Cleary legacy.

@Magpie1969 said in [If Madge fails\.\.\.\.\.](/post/1194544) said:
Maguire is not the problem it is the players he inherited. The juniors not playing this year has not helped. Need to get rid of overpaid players and say good bye to Lawrence and Marshall season end. I would be blooding players like Madden now with eye on 2021. Give Dylan Smith a go at full back or new signing AJ. Still hurting from Cleary legacy.

He re-signed Benji and Lawrence. In fact he signed or re-signed >70% of the team. Why did he do these signings or re-signings if they’re no good?

Back