If Potter's sacked, only one man can get us back on track

@innsaneink said:
We don't have that much dead wood in the playing ranks imo

I agree with Lat this is more.front office than player person ell priblem

At full strength we have few weaknesses apart from Rowdy (in his current form )

We just have to be patient with the new board being appointed , once that happens we can hopefully see some positive changes

If Mayer was being honest that should be about a month away

Hopefully the new board will take Brian Smith's report on board and have the business and mental acumen to make the necessary changes

But the next 4 weeks won't be pretty

Maybe Potter needs to come out and tell all the players publicly that the next 4 weeks will be crucial for their futures , that no contracts are secure for 2015 and beyond with all the possibly changes ??

@happy tiger said:
@innsaneink said:

We just have to be patient with the new board being appointed , once that happens we can hopefully see some positive changes

Hopefully the new board will take Brian Smith's report on board and have the business and mental acumen to make the necessary changes

Maybe Potter needs to come out and tell all the players publicly that the next 4 weeks will be crucial for their futures , that no contracts are secure for 2015 and beyond with all the possibly changes ??

Rowdy will be clinging on for dear life. He is owed big money. Shy of being injured to the point where he will have to retire, there is no way we can get him off our roster unless a cashed up English club takes him.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@happy tiger said:
@innsaneink said:

Rowdy will be clinging on for dear life. He is owed big money. Shy of being injured to the point where he will have to retire, there is no way we can get him off our roster unless a cashed up English club takes him.

If we picked up a quality centre , we could put some more size on Rowdy and use him as a bench second rower / utility

@Tiger Watto said:
Blind Freddy can see Potter wont be here next year… I'd say **David Kidwell** will be Head Coach in 2015.

Is he the guy who coaches defence….no thanks

As for Smith the guy has been out of coaching for too long...like Sheens it has passed him by

I don't see too many options from either outside or inside the club that would do a better Job for the dollars we would be able to offer ...stick with Potter

@spearby said:
come on smith no thank you .what about a rookie coach some one who hasn't had a top nrl coaching job

Been there and done that with Potter. Why not try someone who has experience, been there and done it many times?

If we take Smith in 2015 I would sign him on a two year coaching deal, and no matter how well we do, would not take him beyond 2016\. The guy is cut throat and can clean out a club as well as anyone, but after a few years his tenures turn go south.

Personally I don't think it can work though, we got him to do the report on our coaching systems which was basically an excuse to flick Mick, so if he then takes his place I think it will be seen as more backstabbing and undermining that the club has seen too much of over the past year.

Nope the only guy for the job I recon
Is Steve folks
The only time we have had success apart from
05 is when he was on board

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@chopper said:
Nope the only guy for the job I recon
Is Steve folks
The only time we have had success apart from
05 is when he was on board

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

That ships sailed.

Brian Smith? NO… Nothing to do with boys club any more. Good management decisions need to be made by the front office. We need the new board to start ASP. It's taking sooooo long. Has the NRL found anyone decent that's willing to take on the challenge?

Steve Folkes is part of the video referees and is also the coach of the National Women side

I think since his wife passed away he has taken a step back from the game

Wouldn't have an issue if you wanted him performing a role much as Gus is doing at Penrith with Potter still as head coach

He learnt from the best in the late Peter Bullfrog Moore

@innsaneink said:
We don't have that much dead wood in the playing ranks imo…

Wow! the only players I'd keep given the chance for a clean slate would be Tedesco Brooks Moses & Sironen.

The rest could go.

@Majere77 said:
@innsaneink said:

Wow! the only players I'd keep given the chance for a clean slate would be Tedesco Brooks Moses & Sironen.

The rest could go.

tapau
sue
gavet
nofo
simona
austin
akauola
ava
farah

not good enough ?

i think the only dead wood in our squad are lawrence, richards, anasta, lulia and to a lesser extent blair and galloway. Anasta is finished; whilst blair, lulia and richards will be following him at the conclusion of next year.

The rest are either injured, still learning their trade or performing poorly due to the lack of cohesion within a constantly changing side.

We have deadwood. Lawrence, Lulia, Halatau (love him but his time has passed) and hell i'd even throw young Sirro in there too. Theres 4 players Smith could move along.

@Tony33 said:
@Majere77 said:
@innsaneink said:

The rest could go.

tapau
sue
gavet
nofo
simona
austin
akauola
ava
farah

not good enough ?

Nope… wouldn't keep a single one of them.

@GNR4LIFE said:
We have deadwood. Lawrence, Lulia, Halatau (love him but his time has passed) and hell i'd even throw young Sirro in there too. Theres 4 players Smith could move along.

i wouldn't punt Sirro just yet.. his been solid up until his return from injury this season. Give him a proper off season and then judge him a month or two into next season.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back