Immortal announcement

Thanks happy but it's too late fit that , I've lost a 2 very close to me . The difference is being able to control it. Some can and some cant. I know I can and I am aware of the danger signs if I couldn't. And that's why I don't have a prob with joey being immortal . He was having fun, its hard to hide fron it these dys, as a kid i never even wantedcto drink beer , funny how things change,,…he's a public figure and got caught which is bad but the most famous actors , musicians in the world do a lot worse and heavier stuff then this and carry on making millions and winning awards.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@stryker said:
This is a populist decision only.

Joey is an immortal quality player but has brought the game into disrepute many times.

Think the Newy steroids scandal that he was heavily rumored to be a part of, the career filled with party drugs and **the racial outbursts during Origin.** Even on the Sunday footy show he constantly tells us how smashed he got last night.

I am not saying that these should diminish his on field performances that were mostly outstanding, but add them to his lack of dominance in the Origin and Test arenas and I say he should have been made to wait.

Would he have recieved this reward if he wasnt currently involved in the media? I think maybe not.

Outbursts?? :laughing: From what I could gather he made an off-the-cuff remark referring to Inglis to which sooky Timana Tahu took offence to, packed up his toys and stormed out of Origin camp. Then Tahu went to some country football training clinic or something similar and himself racially abused someone there (from memory was it a kid or a young bloke?).
Yeah…..Tahu crying foul over racial abuse carries plenty of weight! :crazy

Well done Joey, you will rightly be remembered as one of the greatest :master: , only wish you had of been a Tiger.

@innsaneink said:
Heard a bit about it tonite, Frank Hyde and two other initial judges ( forget who) when they first started the concept wanted to be able to judge players that theyd actually seen play…thats why they chose post war blokes

Guys like Raper & Beetson in their day werent angels either

Raper has a list of 'deeds' that are enshrined in folklore. If you were to list all of them, they'd cover just about everything thats deemed unacceptable these days. Beetso was a larrikin to be sure, but the bloke had a very decent set of standards and his off field sense of justice was applied swiftly. Paul Cross, the Balmain winger used to cop a bit of stick from team mates because he dared display a little sophistication and held down a white collar job, as well as doing a bit of part time modeling. On one end of season tour a number of players were giving him a bit of a hiding. Artie stepped in to protect Cross and dealt out some justice of his own.

what can you say. he's only human. good luck to him. he means no harm to our planet. immortal i think does not imply perfection.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Back