Instead of fifita and moors.....

ron_burgandy

being given time in state cup why not galloway?

the guy has underperformed for a long time now and a spell in reggies is as just as giving it to moors and fifita who have put in every game they have played…. has galloway made it to the list of sheens favorites and is now immune from being dropped no matter how ineffective he is?

discuss...

I actually thought he was hitting the line a bit harder last night till he went to ga ga land

@supercoach said:
I actually thought he was hitting the line a bit harder last night till he went to ga ga land

he was getting dominated for the short time he was on there

i agree ron.. he has been underperforming for a while and is not hitting the line hard. in that 1st half, mason smashed him many times. i'd put galloway on the bench. something like this:

8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10 Fifita
11\. Ellis
12\. Payten
13\. Heighno

14\. Galloway
15\. Fulton
16\. Dwyer
17\. Moors

This pack is what we have ALL the time if we are going to be ANY match for ANY of the top 12 teams… ffs our bench is pathetic this week.......

Our best go forward man for the last two years. Even his first year with us when Sheens hardly used him he gained more ground than any other forward. He's a good front rower, not great, but good.

@king sirro said:
Our best go forward man for the last two years. Even his first year with us when Sheens hardly used him he gained more ground than any other forward. He's a good front rower, not great, but good.

his output is poor and for a guy his size he doesnt bend the line as much as he should….how many 12+ hitup games has he had?

He really struggles to get back into gear after injury.

IMO at the start of this season he was playing excellent football, but has not hit the heights he has since coming back.

@ron burgandy said:
@Lukic said:
He got knocked out about 4 minutes in.

yeah but he hasnt been knocked out in the first 4 mins of his last 25+ games

You are KIDDING. I fair dinkum now sure you are a gee up.

Galloway has by FAR been our best prop for the last season and a bit bar injury. Stats also bear this out. Before this injury this year he was in career best form and was correctly being talked up for SOO. Has barely been back from injury and the first tim eI can recall you baggin him is this game in which he got knocked out 4 mins in.

I was at the game for the Raiders match which I think was his first game back from injury and although he was out there for a limited time he was the ONLY forward pushing through the line for the Tigers pack who were getting smashed.

You Ron are one of two things…

1\. A gee up getting a thrill out of a reaction here on the forum...
2\. Completely ignorant of the game.

You discuss....

When he first came to us I thought fair enough he's a bit of a goer. I was of course judging him from the limited time I saw him play for Cronulla. One thing that I noticed was how far his game fell after Hopoate smashed the crap out of him with that illegal flying elbow years back.

When he started playing for us I was impressed by his size but severly disappointed in his game play. I cant remember how many times at games I was watching him and screaming for him to have a go and give it to them. What he delivered were a stream of ineffective or weak tackles and in attack he would just jog the ball up and "lean" into the defense.

He was demoted for this and i believed that he had come back bigger, better and stronger and for a while he was. Then he started getting injured and taking an eternity to come back. He has since missed a LOT of games for the club.

Another gripe of mine is his apparent low levels of fitness. 20 minutes usually pulls him up for the half…some other props in the comp play the full game. Compare his body to that of Petro for instance...Civ looks like he has been carved out of granite - he has muscles in his poo. Keith looks like a bloke who goes to the gym twice a week so he doesnt have a beer gut. My point is that he just doesnt seem to me to try hard enough...he's been a passenger of the team all year.

I think he should be dropped and made to really work for his position...dont get me wrong I think he will be valuable if we can get more game time out of him and more involvement during that time. At the moment he is taking the spot of two blokes who want it more.

@Glennb said:
I was at the game for the Raiders match which I think was his first game back from injury and although he was out there for a limited time he was the ONLY forward pushing through the line for the Tigers pack who were getting smashed.

Woah up there Glenn I was at that game as well and he was smashed by Shillington early on and never recovered his confidence…I thoght he was totally dominated that day.

Lets be serious here he was mostly talked up for Origin by Tigers fans....

@Glennb said:
@ron burgandy said:
@Lukic said:

Galloway has by FAR been our best prop for the last season and a bit bar injury. Stats also bear this out. Before this injury this year he was in career best form and was correctly being talked up for SOO. Has barely been back from injury and the first tim eI can recall you baggin him is this game in which he got knocked out 4 mins in.

You discuss....

i think you are the one who is ignorant - by far our best prop :laughing:

@Glennb said:
@ron burgandy said:
@Lukic said:

You discuss....

For people who've been around, it's quite obvious who Ron is.

Just be thankful he isn't allow to utter his famous "s" word here.

For the record, I'm not against players out of form being given a stint in Reggies and Big Red may get his form back stepping on a few reggie forwards. We have the depth to cover him.

galloway has probably been the worst performer out of payten gibbs fifita and himself…even moors looks more damaging when given game time...he doesnt play enough minutes either

i hope they dont play him…. put on a pack of danny devito's..... make king, perry,kite and rose look like superstars... Every big bloke bends our line our pack isnt tall enough to stop this...
Yeah galloway is no Hannant/petero/price even shillington... but not everyone can be..... galloway is there to steady the ship... get us going forward again, suck in blokes to wack him so farah and benji find room out wide... we dont rely on him to win games..he never gives away penaltys or gets suspended, rarely gets driving back, and hardly makes many spills and thats why i can honestly say he is doing his job, yeah he can do it better... but id rather that be in the semis then now...

@TIGER said:
Agree totally Ron, Galloway is weak and has no heart or guts.

And yes i'd say it to his face because i know he wouldn't be able to catch me.

I agree that Galloway hasn't lived up to expectations this year Ron, but his injuries would be a massive factor. The guy is lethal when he gets match fitness… Unfortunately I think we're resound to the fact that the poor guy is made of tissue and spit and unless a miracle happens he's really not going to put his body on the line until he can string some games together.

Members online

Back