Instead of fifita and moors.....

14\. Galloway
15\. Fulton
16\. Dwyer
17\. Moors

that is more like a good bench. every single one of those players WILL make an impact coming off the bench. even if you swap fifita 4 galloway its still an excellent bench. fulton can play in the backs if needed. at least that way we can utlise the whole bench instead of using 3 the whole game and putting the 4th on in the last 90 secs.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
@Glennb said:
You are KIDDING. I fair dinkum now sure you are a gee up.

Galloway has by FAR been our best prop for the last season and a bit bar injury. Stats also bear this out. Before this injury this year he was in career best form and was correctly being talked up for SOO. Has barely been back from injury and the first tim eI can recall you baggin him is this game in which he got knocked out 4 mins in.

I was at the game for the Raiders match which I think was his first game back from injury and although he was out there for a limited time he was the ONLY forward pushing through the line for the Tigers pack who were getting smashed.

You Ron are one of two things…

1\. A gee up getting a thrill out of a reaction here on the forum...
2\. Completely ignorant of the game.

You discuss....

i think you are the one who is ignorant - by far our best prop :laughing:

Ok, in your opinion who has been a better prop for the Tigers over the past 18months?

The man rarely gets put on his back and always pops his head through the line after carrying for a good 10metres. The result is that he gets a quick play the ball away which starts our momentum.

That is the reason he was touted for SOO because this is a rare ability. Petro has built a reputation on this go-forward and he is touted as one of the best.

He is still young and unfortunately hampered by injuries. He has now grown into his body and his best years are ahead of him.

Last year just before SOO 1, he was the dominant prop in every game we played, outshining all other props that came up against him. Injuries have hampered him since then but he is slowly getting back to full fitness.

We are winning with the man underdone in fitness. He and the team will only get better.

@stryker said:
When he first came to us I thought fair enough he's a bit of a goer. I was of course judging him from the limited time I saw him play for Cronulla. One thing that I noticed was how far his game fell after Hopoate smashed the crap out of him with that illegal flying elbow years back.

When he started playing for us I was impressed by his size but severly disappointed in his game play. I cant remember how many times at games I was watching him and screaming for him to have a go and give it to them. What he delivered were a stream of ineffective or weak tackles and in attack he would just jog the ball up and "lean" into the defense.

He was demoted for this and i believed that he had come back bigger, better and stronger and for a while he was. Then he started getting injured and taking an eternity to come back. He has since missed a LOT of games for the club.

Another gripe of mine is his apparent low levels of fitness. 20 minutes usually pulls him up for the half…some other props in the comp play the full game. Compare his body to that of Petro for instance...Civ looks like he has been carved out of granite - he has muscles in his poo. Keith looks like a bloke who goes to the gym twice a week so he doesnt have a beer gut. My point is that he just doesnt seem to me to try hard enough...he's been a passenger of the team all year.

I think he should be dropped and made to really work for his position...dont get me wrong I think he will be valuable if we can get more game time out of him and more involvement during that time. At the moment he is taking the spot of two blokes who want it more.

It's interesting that you mention Civonoceva. He and Galloway are similar in height, weight and body shape. The difference between the two is that Petero runs very straight lines and lowers his body height on contact, enabling a pretty decent leg drive. Galloway on the other hand stays very upright and doesn't make use of his physical advantages. I'm surprised he hasn't been to Disneyland more often

@Citizen Tiger said:
@stryker said:
When he first came to us I thought fair enough he's a bit of a goer. I was of course judging him from the limited time I saw him play for Cronulla. One thing that I noticed was how far his game fell after Hopoate smashed the crap out of him with that illegal flying elbow years back.

When he started playing for us I was impressed by his size but severly disappointed in his game play. I cant remember how many times at games I was watching him and screaming for him to have a go and give it to them. What he delivered were a stream of ineffective or weak tackles and in attack he would just jog the ball up and "lean" into the defense.

He was demoted for this and i believed that he had come back bigger, better and stronger and for a while he was. Then he started getting injured and taking an eternity to come back. He has since missed a LOT of games for the club.

Another gripe of mine is his apparent low levels of fitness. 20 minutes usually pulls him up for the half…some other props in the comp play the full game. Compare his body to that of Petro for instance...Civ looks like he has been carved out of granite - he has muscles in his poo. Keith looks like a bloke who goes to the gym twice a week so he doesnt have a beer gut. My point is that he just doesnt seem to me to try hard enough...he's been a passenger of the team all year.

I think he should be dropped and made to really work for his position...dont get me wrong I think he will be valuable if we can get more game time out of him and more involvement during that time. At the moment he is taking the spot of two blokes who want it more.

It's interesting that you mention Civonoceva. He and Galloway are similar in height, weight and body shape. The difference between the two is that Petero runs very straight lines and lowers his body height on contact, enabling a pretty decent leg drive. Galloway on the other hand stays very upright and doesn't make use of his physical advantages. I'm surprised he hasn't been to Disneyland more often

They are nothing alike in body shape and both have different running styles. Petero does position his body better when he hits the line though. Galloway was leaning forward last year when he hit the line which worked well but the injuries have definitely disrupted him this year and I'm sure if anyone asked him if he is happy with his form, the answer will be no.

At the end of the day though, as long as he is fit to play, he'll be in the 17\. People calling for him to be dropped will have a better chance of winning this week's lotto.

I agree Willow.

And Stryker, i think ur point on body shapes is invalid. U used it as a reference to show Galloway doesnt put in as much as someone like Petero, but it doesnt prove anything. Genetics have a huge effect on body shapes. Look at Gordan Tallis, the guy was a machine, but take his shirt off and he had nothing.

@king sirro said:
I agree Willow.

And Stryker, i think ur point on body shapes is invalid. U used it as a reference to show Galloway doesnt put in as much as someone like Petero, but it doesnt prove anything. Genetics have a huge effect on body shapes. Look at Gordan Tallis, the guy was a machine, but take his shirt off and he had nothing.

I didnt say it was difinitive mate, but it's usually a good indicator. He doesnt seem fit enough to me on the field at all, not just match fit - generally fit. If someone doesnt run straight at him he struggles to affect the tackle. There's a lot of arm grabbing going on and then there's the fact that he only plays half a game every week.

I dont know what it is but he doesnt seem to be pulling his weight this year for mine. We have 7 weeks to get him back to where he was at stages of 09, it wouldnt be the end of the world to get him fit in reggies for a week or two might give him some confidence as well.

@stryker said:
@king sirro said:
I agree Willow.

I didnt say it was difinitive mate, but it's usually a good indicator. He doesnt seem fit enough to me on the field at all, not just match fit - generally fit. If someone doesnt run straight at him he struggles to affect the tackle. There's a lot of arm grabbing going on and then there's the fact that he only plays half a game every week.

I dont know what it is but he doesnt seem to be pulling his weight this year for mine. We have 7 weeks to get him back to where he was at stages of 09, it wouldnt be the end of the world to get him fit in reggies for a week or two might give him some confidence as well.

co sign

Ron, I totally agree with you on this one. Galloway has been hitting the line with no intensity for 4 years now. He had ONE good run of form during the early rounds last season, somewhere during his 10 week stint on the side line last season he just lost his confidence. It would seem very unlikely he'll get back to the standard he was playing in the early rounds of last season. Moors and Fifita are getting screwed around every week. You can't tell me those two aren't good enough to play off the bench AT LEAST. If we're to start out-muscling teams in the fowards, we need Fifita, Moors and Dwyer all in the same team. Gibbs should be dropped to the bench, Galloway to state cup.

My pack:

8.Moors
9.Farah
10.Fifita
11.Dwyer
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Gibbs
15.Payten
16.Flanagan
17.One back on the bench

@citizen cub said:
Ron, I totally agree with you on this one. Galloway has been hitting the line with no intensity for 4 years now. He had ONE good run of form during the early rounds last season, somewhere during his 10 week stint on the side line last season he just lost his confidence. It would seem very unlikely he'll get back to the standard he was playing in the early rounds of last season. Moors and Fifita are getting screwed around every week. You can't tell me those two aren't good enough to play off the bench AT LEAST. If we're to start out-muscling teams in the fowards, we need Fifita, Moors and Dwyer all in the same team. Gibbs should be dropped to the bench, Galloway to state cup.

My pack:

8.Moors
9.Farah
10.Fifita
11.Dwyer
12.Ellis
13.Heighington
\
\
14.Gibbs
15.Payten
16.Flanagan
17.One back on the bench

Well that is pretty weird!

Gibbs dropped to the bench? Been our best prop all year, and pretty close to our best forward along with Heighno and Ellis.

@citizen cub said:

My pack:

8.Moors
9.Farah
10.Fifita
11.Dwyer
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

14.Gibbs
15.Payten
16.Flanagan
17.One back on the bench

Equal second on the ladder and lets drop 3 forwards from the starting side. You left out Gower??

@willow said:
@Citizen Tiger said:
@stryker said:

They are nothing alike in body shape and both have different running styles. Petero does position his body better when he hits the line though. Galloway was leaning forward last year when he hit the line which worked well but the injuries have definitely disrupted him this year and I'm sure if anyone asked him if he is happy with his form, the answer will be no.

At the end of the day though, as long as he is fit to play, he'll be in the 17\. People calling for him to be dropped will have a better chance of winning this week's lotto.

Civonoceva 193cm 110kgs

Galloway 195cm 107kgs

That looks pretty similar to me, seems to support what the naked eye suggests

In addition hey both have a longish leg to body ratio (LBR). You of course may have much more intimate knowledge of their secret bits and if that's the case, I defer :smiley:

I did say that Civonoceva runs 'straighter lines', so yes that does equate to a different 'style'

@Citizen Tiger said:
Civonoceva 193cm 110kgs

Galloway 195cm 107kgs

it simplistic. To be blunt. Petro is Fijian. He is a totally different build to Galloway. Being Fijian he is all bone & gristle. It is unfair and ridiculous comparing Keith to Petro.

It is also a simpistic view of the job a Prop does. Lui & Lockyer are probably similar size & weight so why isnt Lui playing for Australia? Skill levels. Props arent just slabs of meat.

@Glennb said:
@Citizen Tiger said:
Civonoceva 193cm 110kgs

Galloway 195cm 107kgs

it simplistic. To be blunt. Petro is Fijian. He is a totally different build to Galloway. Being Fijian he is all bone & gristle. It is unfair and ridiculous comparing Keith to Petro.

It is also a simpistic view of the job a Prop does. Lui & Lockyer are probably similar size & weight so why isnt Lui playing for Australia? Skill levels. Props arent just slabs of meat.

'Being Fijian he is all bone and gristle'. Any possibility you could explain that in anthropological terms? He is a 'totally' different build to Galloway'. That's interesting given they are just about the same height and weight. Perhaps there is a greater concentration of 'bone and gristle' in a particular area that I'm missing? Is someone being naughty with Photoshop? Is there a Polynesian muscle distribution advantage that's a well kept secret?

Props have two very basic job descriptions, one of which is to gain ground beyond the advantage line, so on the contrary, it's absolutely fair to compare the skills of Civonoceva and Galloway. How on earth you can somehow relate that to the skill sets of two play makers is something only you can explain.

@Centaur said:
Gibbs dropped to the bench? Been our best prop all year, and pretty close to our best forward along with Heighno and Ellis.

Gibbs is a good defender and has a high work rate, but I really believe a Fifita or Moors will give us more 'go foward' than Gibbs, or Galloway for that matter. I can't get my head around why Sheens has started to rotate them, when working in tandem our pack actually looked like a proper pack and we were winning games. If we get a proper pack we may not have to go through the final 10-15 minutes with shit rolling down the pants of the fans

Im done. Talk about tough task masters. Galloway was one of the best 3 props in the game last year. He comes back slow from injury and the clowns already turn on him. These are the same people saying Moltz was the best halfback since Joey Johns :wink:

@southerntiger said:
Im done. Talk about tough task masters. Galloway was one of the best 3 props in the game last year. He comes back slow from injury and the clowns already turn on him. These are the same people saying Moltz was the best halfback since Joey Johns :wink:

Hahaha get over yourself….the bloke is underachieving....by the way your the clown who reckoned Moltzen shouldnt have been playing halfback..that is far worse.

Please quote me on that Stryker?

I will think you see that I said I wanted Moltz at 7 but I wasnt certain he was the answer and that he certainly hadnt played as well as some had been suggesting. I stand by those comments.

I also stand by the view that some of you have turned way too quickly on big Keith. Give him a few games and he will be back to his best.

Members online

No members online now.
Back