Is anyone better than Benji ???

Vicious

When Benji is in form and confident is there a better footballer in the world ???

Personally I don`t think so.

This isn't a shot at you Vicious, because most people say it. The whole when 'in form' he is…really irks me. No one says, when in form, Billy Slater is the best fullback or anything like that, so why say it about Marshall? Benji Marshall is the best player in the world.

Hayne has had 7 weeks of dominant football in his career. Inglis, when not in finals or rep games, doesn't do a whole lot. Benji Marshall has been a dominant play maker since 2005, since before either of those two made their debuts. Sure every now and then he makes a blue, but can anyone point out any player EVER, who hasn't?

The fact that he doesn't get the respect he deserves from alot of fans is good. It shows they fear him. But when the imbecile media don't show him any, it pisses me off.

Hayne could be a great player, Inglis could also, Slater / Watmough / Stewart etc are all real good players. Benji is better than all of them.

@Kaiser said:
@Balmain Bug said:
No one is better , period. No one.

Nuff said there really….

Drop the Hammer!
Case closed!
He was born to play footy, his instincts in attack are second to none. Timing of the pass that sent fulton through last night was majestic. The Manly side were expecting moltzen to recieve but boy o boy didnt marshall have other ideas!

Champion!
:righton:

To all those Marshal baggers out there I have one word to say…Silence!!!

Look, the thing with Benji, and this goes back 6 or 7 years now, is he needs clever runners. Benji is the best 5/8 - ball player on planet earth. But to be good, or appear to be 'in form' he needs options. He needs ruuners running into holes so he can deliver that magic pass. So in a nutshell, people's perception on whether Benji has a good game or not directly is linked with if he has runners or not. Benji loves having multiple runners. The defensive line hates it. You cant not defend against that.

Now on the subject of ball players needing runners, I put Liam Fulton in that category as well. He is in the Paul Langmack mould of player but he really needs runners as he is about to hit the defensive line. If we can accomodate Liam's ball playing we will be unstoppable.

The Fonz just needs to pick a bench that can hold there own.

It raised my eyebrows last night when the Fox commentary didn't give Benji much of a mention… But it was our attacke that won the game and he was the main instigator! Perhaps everyone is expecting a lot from him these days and unless he does the near-impossible he can't get a mention.

@Balmain Bug said:
Look, the thing with Benji, and this goes back 6 or 7 years now, is he needs clever runners. Benji is the best 5/8 - ball player on planet earth. But to be good, or appear to be 'in form' he needs options. He needs ruuners running into holes so he can deliver that magic pass. So in a nutshell, people's perception on whether Benji has a good game or not directly is linked with if he has runners or not. Benji loves having multiple runners. The defensive line hates it. You cant not defend against that.

Now on the subject of ball players needing runners, I put Liam Fulton in that category as well. He is in the Paul Langmack mould of player but he really needs runners as he is about to hit the defensive line. If we can accomodate Liam's ball playing we will be unstoppable.

The Fonz just needs to pick a bench that can hold there own.

Couldnt agree more Bug… If we had a Watmough in my team we would be Awesome... He hits holes everytime he runs and him running off Marshall would be unstopable...

When fit, there isn't a ball player in the world I would swap him with. Just hope he stays fit.

@MacDougall said:
He isn't a very dominant rep player though.

Johns took a while to get going at rep level as well. He killed them at club level but struggled to really step up at rep level. Then he did step up and he won games for NSW.

Benji is still getting better.

@MacDougall said:

This is very true and is the reason that I would say at this point in time that Ingliss and Thurston top him.

That being said, I can see Benj in the very near future winning both the Dally M and the Golden Boot….as has been said, he is still improving!!!!

i went down to the tab and put $200 on benji for the dally m, but my shock was that he was actually 3rd favorite to win the damn thing, i thought he would be @ $15 but i only got him @ $9.

this is his year, this was the age where andrew johns started hitting his straps hope benji does the same.

@tiger05 said:
@MacDougall said:

Johns took a while to get going at rep level as well. He killed them at club level but struggled to really step up at rep level. Then he did step up and he won games for NSW.

Benji is still getting better.

same with farah. amazing at club level but the nerves must get to him before rep games

Back