Is there anyone left who supports Sheens?

I've always thought that Sheens is still a good coach, you don't lose it, there are other reasons why things don't work out. I've bought it up each of the 2 past end of season debates but surely things are just stale. Stale to the point where we're just going nowhere and i do seriously wonder weather it's worth holding onto Sheens past this season. Even if we make the 8 i just don't know if it's such a good idea.

You're right NZ, If Sheens doesn't walk , he should be pushed.

We've got our best squad ever in my opinion. There's a significant rep presence in the squad and a few others who have played junior reps. We've got 3 (Marshall, Farah and Ellis) absolute stars of the nrl, got the likes of Tuqiri, Lawrence and Galloway, Heighington as well who most clubs would love to have. I just don't get why we're playing so poorly. It's not that we're not good enough, we're not playing good enough and you seriously have to ask why this is the case.

I do think that sacking Sheens now would be a knee jerk reaction but i do think we're going to get to the end of the season and again be having this debate. If i was the club i'd be looking towards maybe having him step down at the end of the season. There's no doubts there are a million different opinions on the matter though, bottom line, i doubt any of us are going to be fully satisfied by the path of the future events.

Replace Sheens with whom..???

The only GuyI'd replace Sheens with is S.Kearney but I doubt he's available.

@Balmain Tiger said:
i support him…apart from his bench selection he still has a lot to offer to the club...the problem with this forum is that most of us always look for a scapegoat! last year it was beau ryan and not that we cant blame him, if its not fitzhenry its sheens..though ive noticed that its been changing on a weekly basis between the two. This week it has changed to farah and marshall! sheens isnt on the field. he cant make the team peform if they dont want to!!

Heaven forbid we blame the coach when the team has failed for four years running (soon to be five).
Heaven forbid we blame the coach for not being able to get his team fired up for a crucial match.
Heaven forbid we blame the coach for his inspired half time team talk.
Heaven forbid we blame the coach for the performance of his team.

I mean, why blame the coach eh, he's only the coach?

In the past eight years under Sheens' tenure we have gone through players, CEO's, ballboys, conditioning coaches, jerseys, home grounds, management, directors…but one common denominator remains the same and that's Sheens and his useless gnome sidekick.

It is not working people. It hasn't worked for five years. His coaching is no longer having an impact. His words are no longer inspiring our team. His methods are no longer effective. They have failed in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and now again in 2010\. The same mistakes, the same performances, the same results, over and over and over again. Like groundhog day.

So you are asking a question and than lambasting someone who answers in a way you do not agree with?

Everyone is entitled to hold an opinion of their own on this one. They do not need to conform to the parameters you set to judge the coach just like nobody has to conform to mine

@smeghead said:
So you are asking a question and than lambasting someone who answers in a way you do not agree with?

Everyone is entitled to hold an opinion of their own on this one. They do not need to conform to the parameters you set to judge the coach just like nobody has to conform to mine

Everyone is entitled to their opinion smeg. I am not lambasting anyone.

@alexaki said:
Replace Sheens with whom..???

The only GuyI'd replace Sheens with is S.Kearney but I doubt he's available.

Based on what?
his results arent that great

No fortunatly I am a true supporter I have stuck though thick and thin ..you want to now why the club struggles to get 6,000 members when they probable have the biggest supporter base in the game…... it's what is happening right at the moment. I still attend games in GA at times but having my own protest in financial terms you see the club needs people like me that have the financial ability to fill there coffers .In the end the powers to be will wake up and make the POSITIVE changes that have to be made for this club to move forward and end up having 20,000 members .This organisation is a sleeping giant just waiting to be awenkend we had a taste of it in 05 we all liked that didn't we ,the sooner the club feels it financially the better and please all this garbage about who would replace the coach get over it heaps of well credited coaches will walk over glass to get there hands on this team !.

I asked myself this at the beginning of the season. What other club would still have the same coach if they had failed to make the semi finals 4 years i a row? I decided then and there that 2010 should be his last at the Tigers regardless of where they finish this year.

It's not personal against Sheens, but like 99.9% of organisations, a change at the top bringing in new ideas every so soften is good (unless you have a freak like Bennett who keeps on getting results). I thought that is why we brought in Folkes, for a smooth transition, and to take over if 2010 was looking like another failure.

I nearly fell of my chair when we signed Sheens for 1 more year.

When you think about our early wins Folkes probably had more to do with them then Sheens.

We were bad but came home strong due to superior fitness. Folkes mad them take their fitness seriously. Its a shame they can't do the same with their footy.

We have the playing talent but we lack direction and as of yesterday, motivation. That comes from the leaders of the club and Sheens as the head coach must take responsibility.

I look at the u/20 and the NRL side and you couldn't get 2 more different sides in the way their structured and the way they go about their football. It all comes down to coaching.

Sorry Sheens, it'd time for you to go.

Whilst i dont agree with the greater majority of his decisions and agree its time for him to move on, yesterday was not entirely his fault. He could of picked any side, if they are going to go out and not have a dig then any coach does not stand a chance. Although it is his job to get the players 'up' for each game.

Im only talking about yesterdays game…....

Look I firmly believe that some of the players dont have his back anymore….they are just not motivated enough to try hard for him or for us.

I've wanted him gone for 2 years now...win, lose or draw I think this should be his last year.

@hybrid_tiger said:
I have read alot since yesterday's loss and I have not seen a single post that supports Sheens.

At the game yesterday there was alot of ill feeling in the Brewongle stand, most of it directed towards Sheens.

So, is there anyone left on this forum who still supports Sheens, and still thinks Sheens is the man that should be coaching this club? Or has the final straw been drawn and everyone has finally had enough?

I have faith in Sheens. That performance yesterday had absolutley nothing to do with him. It was simply down to the attitude of the players and their willingness to win.

@smeghead said:

Thank christ someone on here is seeing what i see alot of the time.beep beep s …

For the record i support sheens all the way until hes contract expires but as someone suggested earlier if we have a bad year he may leave anyway but im hoping he stays.

Oh lets not crucify any of the players for once again playing like crap.

This place is so predictable a few of us laughed last night when we seen this thread.laughed at them

I still think Tim Sheens is the man to Direct our club in 2010-11.

Tim sheens missed no takles yesterday and dropped no balls. Yes he has to be accountable for overall results.

How can he be blamed for seasond FG players attitude and effort.

I think that some of you guys should apply for a FG Head coaching role… you'll get it for sure

PS - I am very Shity about the Losses....

![](http://www.weststigersforum.com/images/fitzy_disagrees.gif)

<big>**I support Sheensy all the the way.**</big>
I think we should be looking at he players and how much we pay them. A coach can only coach, players on the other hand have to produce the goods. Lets get over all this rubbish and be true supporters and not a bunch of whingers advertising how thoughts to the world.

Latest posts

Back