Is this club confused?

The club is looking to get 18 year Olds to follow Wests Tigers. No offence to the 50 year Olds here but no one under the age of 40 cares about which colours a random FB post missed.

We are black, white and gold, we are black and gold, we are white and gold, we are just gold, just orange.. take any permutation of those colours.
Just don’t tell Pascoe and the merchandise dept coz it will confuse the hell out of them.
And just think of the issues with hat design and sales . OMG don’t we have enough issues already
!

See my next point.
We have played in mainly white before as it's good for the early season warmer weather... But designs and popularity isn't my point... You can have your personal fantasy of some secondary colour of the three... I just like the club to get little things correct, it's disappointing after 23 years we still get these wrong but at least it's been righted

The club is looking to get 18 year Olds to follow Wests Tigers. No offence to the 50 year Olds here but no one under the age of 40 cares about which colours a random FB post missed.

We are black, white and gold, we are black and gold, we are white and gold, we are just gold, just orange.. take any permutation of those colours.
You missed a 10 year age grouo

Only a Ginger can call another Ginger, Ginger.

Don't forget the purple stripe Balmain had!
Sorry, Cochise - Sydney Tigers! - They were called that cos the Roosters began to call themselves Sydney Roosters. We played outta Parramatta Stadium!

As soon as this thread was posted I thought, here we go again...actually that's not a bad song 🤔

if the sun didnt shine there would be no rainbow,white black n Gingers all deserve equal billing.as do all the others

Yep.
That's what I mentioned in the OP.
The club continues to screw up... and rather than deal with the truth some would prefer to stick their head in the sand "here we go again"
You get nowhere that way
Most on here get your point.
Send an email to the club because those dodos don't get it.
Your not going to change some people attitudes, it just won't happen and you know it.

Off topic but is Tumeth a waste of a spot. He just looks small. I hope I'm wrong. We have some really good development players and somehow Tumeth gets promoted to the top squad.
Beecause at the same age group level as our "really good development players" Tumeth has consistently performed at a level above them!

If you judged Fulton by the same physique marker he would never have played NRL!

I'm a bit old-fashioned. Wests & Balmain are two of the original Foundation Clubs of NSWRL in Australia. When the Super League rubbish was happening and the reunion before the mergers I could not for the life of me understand why those two clubs along with Souths and the Roosters, the 4 existing Foundation Clubs from 1908, didn't force a Legal Challenge for Brand Equity. If the NSWRL didn't have those 4 teams for 90-odd years then there is no Rugby League competition at all.
Back in the day, Kerry Packer bought the Cricket Competition and had it played on Ch9. Rupert Murdoch saw the opportunity and asked what other sport might be a ratings winner. Rugby League was the go. He also got into Super Rugby.

Piggins showed what people power could do and saved the Bunnies.

But really, with so much brand equity in the Rugby League Sport, those days were a wasted opportunity to draw a line and say enough is enough.

Who runs Rugby League nowadays? That is the question. We old members of the Balmain NSW Rugby League Club (As opposed to the Balmain Leagues Club) used to think we ran the Club every AGM. Nowadays unelected insiders run the joint.

Under 40-year-olds ought to be reminded that the game was almost destroyed by greed in the 90s

Over 40-year-olds remember the Sheridan Stand!

I'm a bit old-fashioned. Wests & Balmain are two of the original Foundation Clubs of NSWRL in Australia. When the Super League rubbish was happening and the reunion before the mergers I could not for the life of me understand why those two clubs along with Souths and the Roosters, the 4 existing Foundation Clubs from 1908, didn't force a Legal Challenge for Brand Equity. If the NSWRL didn't have those 4 teams for 90-odd years then there is no Rugby League competition at all.
Back in the day, Kerry Packer bought the Cricket Competition and had it played on Ch9. Rupert Murdoch saw the opportunity and asked what other sport might be a ratings winner. Rugby League was the go. He also got into Super Rugby.

Piggins showed what people power could do and saved the Bunnies.

But really, with so much brand equity in the Rugby League Sport, those days were a wasted opportunity to draw a line and say enough is enough.

Who runs Rugby League nowadays? That is the question. We old members of the Balmain NSW Rugby League Club (As opposed to the Balmain Leagues Club) used to think we ran the Club every AGM. Nowadays unelected insiders run the joint.

Under 40-year-olds ought to be reminded that the game was almost destroyed by greed in the 90s

Over 40-year-olds remember the Sheridan Stand!
the Dogs tried to swallow us both,is why we stood united

I always thought we were a tri colour club.
Now I know many of you will brush this off as if it's nothing... As you do in the past as it's been a recurring problem since day one every now and then.
We are black white & orange
White orange and black
Orange black & white whatever way you like... But it's those three.
Knights or Roosters don't omit a colour otherwise they're a totally different team... But it's OK for us.
Imagine the uproar if they "forgot" the orange 🤣
Notice this with the COE opening too.all the black & orange balloons.

And they bang on about identity and DN bloody A... what a jokeView attachment 3384
I was a balmain lad, but completely agree ink. They've really got to be conscious of this stuff. If the media team can't remember the colours and the combined team name, stamp it on their forehead till they remember.

I like the prominent black jerseys as it was the common colour, but if we put out an orange, there should be a white somewhere.

The point is our official colours are black white and orange - how many other clubs do you see downgrading their official colours. Don't see the rorters saying they are red and blue.
That pale blue jersey they have is so lame .....

We really should have 3 main jerseys each year. Home, away and out of town (NZ, Tamworth etc). That way we can have all 3 colours as the prominent colour.

Latest posts

Back