Isaiah Papali’i #265

forward pack isn't looking to bad for 2023 just need a second rower and a prop then we can focus on upgrading the backline

Reactions: 851
Add a hopefully full fit Stefano into the mix and we are talking business!
Think we got a dud in stephano, he has been out injured more than he has been on the field playing has he not, and our next best thing, if we get him Pappi, well he played pretty well for parra last week, but this week against souths was very ordinary, not $1-9 million for
3 years. We seem to be very good at giving a player good money with a lengthy contract, only to see them sitting the contract out while they watch our team play footy.

Think we got a dud in stephano, he has been out injured more than he has been on the field playing has he not, and our next best thing, if we get him Pappi, well he played pretty well for parra last week, but this week against souths was very ordinary, not $1-9 million for
3 years. We seem to be very good at giving a player good money with a lengthy contract, only to see them sitting the contract out while they watch our team play footy.

Complete hogwash imo,both are young and will continue to develop and unfortunately injuries are part of the game.I would much rather have these 2 blokes playing for us than against us as both are future topline rep players imho

Just heard another POV regarding this.. keen to see what people's take on it is.

Basically, Tigers themselves have not held up their end of the bargain with others, we have sacked Sheens, Taylor and Madge in the last 10 years. We have essentially broken our contracts with them- these guys would've made life decisions on the basis that we will uphold the contract. Obviously, financially we have paid the price by paying them out.

IP though will lose nothing by breaking his contract. He's not going to lose his salary for the year. Someone will probably pay him the same or more $$ to be elsewhere.
In pretty much the same time penriff have sacked Matthew Elliott, Ivan Cleary and Anthony Griffin. Canterbury got rid of 4 coaches since 2011. Saints got rid of Price and Mcgregor. We don't have a monopoly on sacking coaches. So although its a different POV its not a legitimate POV.

Complete hogwash imo,both are young and will continue to develop and unfortunately injuries are part of the game.I would much rather have these 2 blokes playing for us than against us as both are future topline rep players imho
Hey, I actually agree with you, I would love to see them both on the field in west tigers uniforms, but with Pappi we still dont know if he will play for us yet, and Stephano in total this year has run on the field 9 times and I think in 3 of those games came of early with an injury,

SO YES IT WOULD BE A NICE THOUGHT TO SEE THEM ON THE FIELD WITH KORASOU, BUT WILL WE, THATS THE QUESTION.????

A WT player happened to mention something about WT DNA recently. When asked to describe what it was he spoke about throwing the ball around and attacking on every play, and thats fair enough if you're referring to style of play, as he would be aware of and couldnt mention on a public forum, the club's DNA, or culture is not based on a single onfield behaviour.
This is a test for our front office.
I thought the Dragons lost something when they gave Tallis a 12 month holiday.
We wouldn't take on the big boys at head office but how far are we willing to go to destroy this young vulnerable player's career?
Oh please a bit over dramatic. The only one destroying his career would be him.

I think this is such a terrible perspective.

Imagine saying Tedesco was a dud when he had back to back leg issues in 2012/14, or when Benji had all his shoulder issues in 04/05? Multiple young players have injury complaints early in their careers as their bodies adjust to the demands of NRL.

Pap's imo has had two quiet games last two starts. I think that is because there is a significant difference between playing outside Mitch Moses compared to Jakob Arthur who wouldn't sniff first grade if he had a different surname. An indicator that we need to continue to add above average first graders to complement our development players and exceptional upgrades in Paps and Api.

I think Stefano's 2021 is more than enough to justify belief in his obvious potential, his last game against Parra was such an incredible indicator of his ability to physically dominate the middle against any NRL pack. Pap's is an easy sell he has almost undeniably been the best 2nd rower in the league in the last 18 months and at $650,000 that is an absolute bargain.

Being a tigers fan makes you cynical, but can we stop being negative for the sake of it? I'm ecstatic to have Stefano and Pap's as cornerstones of our pack in 2023.

Back