Isaiah Papali’i #265

I would not renew my two full season memberships if they release him as it would show the club does not care as much as we all do.

I could not say I won’t follow them as it is indoctrinated into me from a young age. I would watch them on TV rather than go to each game.

May not mean much to the club , however this year they showed they were about money not results and we got the spoon when we could have fought to not have it with our full squad available rather than a fire sale to get some more coin that we cannot spend anyway.
Agree 100%.

I read somewhere that Madge was still trying to get Benji to the UK as part of his Kiwi coaching team.
Maybe Benji could leverage that by saying ok as long as you get Paps to come to WT fully motivated.
(Remember how Paps said things had changed with Madge no longer there).
Just a thought …

I read somewhere that Madge was still trying to get Benji to the UK as part of his Kiwi coaching team.
Maybe Benji could leverage that by saying ok as long as you get Paps to come to WT fully motivated.
Just a thought …

How on gods green earth do you think
1 - Madge would even bother to be involved in WT's player negotiations
2 - Think Benji asking Madge to ask Ice to stay would EVER have any sway on the player?

Man I read some stuff on here 😂😂😂

It’s about time our CEO came out with a statement saying under no circumstances will he be released from his binding contract, this will send a message that the tigers are no longer a push over

No, no and no. It's a non issue.

Just a thought …

We should do absolutely nothing. It's a non issue.

I think the better question to ask is why are people remotely concerned about this ? If the answer is IP's comments well his comments aren't relevant. He has a 3 year contract with us to play NRL and any contract to play NRL for another team would have to be negotiated when our contract is over or we release him.

Does anyone have any formal notification from the Tigers that we are releasing him from his contract ?

If theyvwanted click bait from some WT fans they would do a article on balmain and the magpies

Man wouldn't that open a can of worms

Just a thought …
Failing that, maybe a cardboard cutout of Madge in the COE foyer alongside Benji’s Dragons GF photo?

It’s unfortunate, but the way I see it, this contract has apparently been in place a year, WT has not made a payment and Papali’i has not trained or played for WT in all that time.

IP sits out 3 years or he plays with wests tigers
end of discussion

And if his manager asks for a release after pawwa season ends we tell him no and that we expect him at training after his test duties

We also tell manager that any further requests will be met by silence from us other than we will refer our complaints directly to NRL and RLPA as we have had enough

And if his manager asks for a release after pawwa season ends we tell him no and that we expect him at training after his test duties

We also tell manager that any further requests will be met by silence from us other than we will refer our complaints directly to NRL and RLPA as we have had enough
We’re on a hiding to nothing on this one.
We back down against the big guys, but go full throttle on a little guy just trying to earn a living the best way he knows how? Not a good look.
We should focus more on being the club Papali’i wants to play for.

We’re on a hiding to nothing on this one.
We back down against the big guys, but go full throttle on a little guy just trying to earn a living the best way he knows how? Not a good look.
We should focus more on being the club Papali’i wants to play for.

Exactly.....

I see all these posts here about hop we have the contract - the upper hand and all this...
It's Hogwash.
If he doesn't want to arrive when due - He just won't.
Whatever his contract waiting with Parra is for, They'll just start paying it after he gets out of ours...

And when he doesn't arrive - That's exactly what he will do.

Have heard through a reliable source that Papali's wife is homesick and wants to go back to New Zealand

Back