Isaiah Papali’i #265

You're kidding me. Dragged the club through the mud in the media by not simply saying, "Yes, I'll be at the Tigers next year". Still needs Brad Arthur to say it for some god damn reason.

You have a low bar my friend on acceptable employee behavior. That low bar is exactly why our club struggles.
You're Kidding me. He's not our employee - he is a parra employee. he did exactly the right thing by the people paying him. Not sure what your definition an employee is?

He starts with us November 1 and I'm sure there will be a fluff article out then.

It's the wests tigers fans that enabled this media storm with all hand wringing and vitriol around this. He had no obligation to throw his current employer and teammates under the bus while he is playing finals and having a tilt at the big show.

Didn't we hammer woods for that when he did it to us?

n

not yet
Im pretty sure we will see Papi in our jersey next season....trouble with most fans is the MEDIA that spin crap just to get the clicks and sales...
The honest truth is that all anxious fans fall for the headlines without TRULY knowing what Papi has in mind...in my opinion Arthurs tweet is spot on,,the rest is speculation....

Im pretty sure we will see Papi in our jersey next season....trouble with most fans is the MEDIA that spin crap just to get the clicks and sales...
After Arthurs said recently that Papa is going to the tigers I actually believe this.
Papa will be here for sure.
He's still is young and fit with a lot more footy in him regardless of how he goes at the tigers.
If he performs admirably with us but the team fails I don't think that will harn his career.
Instead if kicking stones he could cement himself as a premier forward in the NRL by raising the bar at WT.

After Arthurs said recently that Papa is going to the tigers I actually believe this.
Papa will be here for sure.
He's still is young and fit with a lot more footy in him regardless of how he goes at the tigers.
If he performs admirably with us but the team fails I don't think that will harn his career.
Instead if kicking stones he could cement himself as a premier forward in the NRL by raising the bar at WT.
Cobar old mate,look at it this way,do you honestly think that Papi or his manager would ruin their own meal ticket for the future by backflipping on a lucrative deal already signed to be frowned upon and not trusted in future obligations in regards to contractual agreements..THEY WOULD BOTH BE SHOOTING themselves in the foot and ruin their reputations in a demanding and highly lucrative arena,,?

Cobar old mate,look at it this way,do you honestly think that Papi or his manager would ruin their own meal ticket for the future by backflipping on a lucrative deal already signed to be frowned upon and not trusted in future obligations in regards to contractual agreements..THEY WOULD BOTH BE SHOOTING themselves in the foot and ruin their reputations in a demanding and highly lucrative arena,,?
Absolutely agree 👍

This is the type of idiocy in the NRL right now. He things he was doing Manly a favour by not asking for a release over a phone call. No Marty, you don't deserve to play in the Grand Final because you didn't play with a Top 4 team for the majority of the year.

This is the same guy who signed with Manly more than a year in advance and then agitated for an early release.

If the NRL doesn't do something about this shit, people are going to start walking out in thousands.

Um... Yes - Yes and Yes....
"It's a Business"

I can't imagine / remember 1 scenario where a manager is worried about his rep.
Especially when he's got a valuable commodity for sale.
DCE is the captain of Australia, Did the same thing....
Tedesco the Captain of NSW and considered the best player in the game.
Granted, The rules were a little different back then....

Rugby League memories can be selectively short.
Would especially be the case with a young god fearing kiwi boy a long, long way from home....

Reactions: 851
You're Kidding me. He's not our employee - he is a parra employee. he did exactly the right thing by the people paying him. Not sure what your definition an employee is?

He starts with us November 1 and I'm sure there will be a fluff article out then.

It's the wests tigers fans that enabled this media storm with all hand wringing and vitriol around this. He had no obligation to throw his current employer and teammates under the bus while he is playing finals and having a tilt at the big show.

It wasn't even the right thing for parra. Instead of squashing it early, they've had it pop up again in Grand Final week with Brad having to put attention on it.

A simple affirmation is not about throwing anyone under the bus. It's stopping the media circus. You're even self-blaming the fans? Come on man.

Woods did it with a big dramatic reveal on a TV show and talked poorly about the club.

It was no issue for Api. Not sure why IP found it so hard to even blink.

Last edited:
It wasn't even the right thing for parra. Instead of squashing it early, they've had it pop up again in Grand Final week with Brad having to put attention on it.

A simple affirmation is not about throwing anyone under the bus. It's stopping the media circus. You're even self-blaming the fans? Come on man.

It was no issue for Api. Not sure why IP found it so hard to even blink.
He's behaved like a moron. But, we don't need to be friends with players or like them, just hope they're committed each week. Hope he is when he gets here.

There are hundreds of players who have gone from a top 4 team to a bottom 4 team. Just last year TPJ, Burton, JAC etc.. all of them they said they are going to the Bulldogs. Api has made it clear. Tohu Harris from Storm to warriors.. there are thousands of examples.

You'd have to be very naive to think that Papali'i hasn't worked behind the scenes to back out of the deal. It's obvious with every interview he is still trying to.

There are hundreds of players who have gone from a top 4 team to a bottom 4 team. Just last year TPJ, Burton, JAC etc.. all of them they said they are going to the Bulldogs. Api has made it clear. Tohu Harris from Storm to warriors.. there are thousands of examples.

You'd have to be very naive to think that Papali'i hasn't worked behind the scenes to back out of the deal. It's obvious with every interview he is still trying to.
But he's not. He will be playing at the Tigers in 2023...not sure how many confirmations peope need. He gets paid to play rugby league and seems like an admirable type of guy as well so i believe will give it his all at our club.
Story over.

He's behaved like a moron. But, we don't need to be friends with players or like them, just hope they're committed each week. Hope he is when he gets here.
. . . . . . and when he does come here, and I am sure that he will be here one way or another, that they give him some media training because at the moment he is a clueless moron.

You would think that his manager or someone would be giving him some mentoring in this area.

Um... Yes - Yes and Yes....
"It's a Business"

I can't imagine / remember 1 scenario where a manager is worried about his rep.
Especially when he's got a valuable commodity for sale.
DCE is the captain of Australia, Did the same thing....
Tedesco the Captain of NSW and considered the best player in the game.
Granted, The rules were a little different back then....

Rugby League memories can be selectively short.
Would especially be the case with a young god fearing kiwi boy a long, long way from home....
Like the remnants of my spagbol, it will all come out in the wash BB.

Back