Isaiah Papali’i #265

Think he should read the forum and then he might realise that he was a complete dick head and went about it all the wrong way.

The guy has caused himself a lot of stress and damage that didn't need to be done, probably alienated a lot of NRL supporters from both Parramatta and the Wests Tigers, created a lot of media attention for all the wrong reasons and in the end was probably responsible for his form drop in recent weeks.

He's got to ask himself why he went through all of this when it could have been so easy to make all the drama go away.

Think he should read the forum and then he might realise that he was a complete dick head and went about it all the wrong way.

The guy has caused himself a lot of stress and damage that didn't need to be done, probably alienated a lot of NRL supporters from both Parramatta and the Wests Tigers, created a lot of media attention for all the wrong reasons and in the end was probably responsible for his form drop in recent weeks.

He's got to ask himself why he went through all of this when it could have been so easy to make all the drama go away.
mate hes done the right thing by the team that's paying him. we should read the last 105 pages and take a breath.

mate hes done the right thing by the team that's paying him. we should read the last 105 pages and take a breath.
Not sure, imo, if it’s that black and white .
He could continue to honour and respect his current team and still make some brief acknowledgement to his new club.
It’s called public relations and is pretty standard these days.
All he’s done is play this moronic role about priorities. It’s only a big discussion point because he has made it so and fans have reacted.
Anyway, his Parra days are almost over and then we will be paying him so hopefully he takes a more congenial attitude.

Reactions: 851
He’ll be here. Tigers have stayed strong and haven’t given in to the BS being played out in the media 💪 .

No doubt the media will continue to ask about his behaviour into 2023.

All parties just need to just get on with playing well in 2023.

Irrelevant Tigers to to continue and bring quality players in. The key is Sheens and Marshall changing the club from within. Apart from winning games rep level players word of mouth is as important for recruitment.

He’ll be here. Tigers have stayed strong and haven’t given in to the BS being played out in the media 💪 .

No doubt the media will continue to ask about his behaviour into 2023.

All parties just need to just get on with playing well in 2023.
The biggest thing for Papi is that he came from a team that made the finals and in my opinion ONLY he felt the pressure of big game atmosphere and was very quiet compared to pre finals games...,dont forget playing for us every week will be like GF pressure,it will be up to him to perform or he becomes another also ran like the many we have had in prior years..just saying without speculating on his performance...time will tell...

“I can understand why some people weren't happy, but the people who needed to know at the Tigers knew what my plans were,” Papali'i told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“I've been in contact with (Sheens) throughout the year. I didn't want my individual talks to worry the (Eels) group given the opportunity we had.

“I'm looking forward to the challenge in 2023 and the three years I've got at the Tigers. I'm all in. I'll be putting as much effort in there as I did at this club, that's a promise.”

Well that makes sense, but what doesn’t is the bluster from the board indicating an alternative sit out?
Is the board now only given information they need to know?

Back