Isaiah Papali’i #265

I like Lee but this is dumb. Why bother playing this game. He has a contract with us next year and it's registered. See you at pre-season training.
Exactly. Shows how desperate this club is. Do you think the Roosters would be doing this to a player? Doubt it.

I like Lee but this is dumb. Why bother playing this game. He has a contract with us next year and it's registered. See you at pre-season training.
😂😂😂
Until he doesn't turn up and everyone is looking around for him, Only to find out he's spent the last 6 months putting together a case to not be here....

If we let his out of this contract then this club just shows its incompetence.

If Papali'i wants out I'd say on two conditions.

Your new contract has to be for 3 years and 25% less than the current contract and in no certain terms he can not sign for Parramatta or Bulldogs.

The timing of this latest chapter with IPap is a result of extremely bad player manager practice. Legally he has a contract, what can the player say that the manager can’t. That’s what a real player manager is for, to act on behalf of the client.
IPaps i think you have been played by your manager, save face and be a man. You player manager does not have your best interests at heart , the WT do.

On 100% footy tonight Abdo was guest, Weedler, Gus, Brace and Cam Smith were on the panel, Abdo was grilled about many topics...after he left, Weedler mentioned the interview he did with IP and how this is bad news for the Tigers as IP was non committal till after the year and wants to talk to the Tigers. Now, the entire Panel had a chance to raise the issue of player contracts and threats of backflips with Abdo, but they didn't, instead Weedler chose to break the story after Abdo left and couldn't help to mention the Tigers should be worried about a potential backflip....then smug Gus chimed in and said I told you long back when Madge was sacked 4-5 players want out....don't shoot the messenger for delivering the message he went on with his smug face...seriously, these media outlets and commentators just love to kick the Tigers.....
G'day @tigerap The one thing that annoyed me the most about that show last night was Abdo.
Imo he was full of spin, bull:poop: and bravado in basically completely ignoring Us of being robbed of Our 2 points and giving WT the recognition We deserve for highlighting such a horrendous series of blues by the Ref and Bunker.

Can Sheens come out and tell us that he has been on the phone with Paps management telling them he has a contract and the whole club is looking forward to him at training after the World Cup. He will be mentoring Tumeth, O'Kane, Katauga etc and these boys are excited for his arrival.
Sheens has already told us we are development club because no bastard wants to come to the basket case

He wants to go, he can go. But whatever club signs him has to compensate us with a similar quality player.

If it's Eels, then they need to give us Paulo, RCG, Brown kinda player etc. Simply put, wherever Papali'i wants to play, he can play as long as we are compensated (not incl $$$ figure).

Similar to Roosters wanting Brandon Smith, Bulldogs wanting JAC early etc... we hold all the cards. No need to panic. A player asks for release, we should just give it as long as we are compensated more than fairly IMO.

All wests tigers members should email pascoe and the club, IF THE CLUB GIVES IN TO PAPALII NO MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2023. Time for the club to stand up for their fans, tell PAPALII he can be a spectator for 3 years, not only sends a message to the players but also to managers, once a player signs, he signs FULL STOP

He wants to go, he can go. But whatever club signs him has to compensate us with a similar quality player.

If it's Eels, then they need to give us Paulo, RCG, Brown kinda player etc. Simply put, wherever Papali'i wants to play, he can play as long as we are compensated (not incl $$$ figure).

Similar to Roosters wanting Brandon Smith, Bulldogs wanting JAC early etc... we hold all the cards. No need to panic. A player asks for release, we should just give it as long as we are compensated more than fairly IMO.

You've not mentioned 1 Back rower in your list.\
This problem is more than 2 fold...

1 - We're losing a marquee player
2 - We've let other players from the squad leave
3 - The best prop in the game isn't going to fix the fact we have no back rowers - And have had no class back rowers for as many years as we've been crap.

If we get top notch back rowers either side - I don't know how no one can see the impact that would have on our squad.

WE DON'T NEED MIDDLES

A legally binding agreement exists between IP & WT
Player managers can be de-registered by the NRL for any foul practice. November 1 signals you can not negotiate with a contracted player.
Should he decide against joining us, that’s fine, but I’m sure he will not be a Parramatta Eel , under the conditions that will be imposed.
The door is open to talk. But as he states , when he finally wants to talk to the WT at seasons end, the office will be closed.

Gazump their offer?

Just roll over?

We don't need to do either

We have a contract with him

We just need to grow a set and make him honour the contract he was happy to sign when his own club pawwa lowballled him and tried to sign him on bench player money
I totally agree with your comment , and hoped he would come,but just trying to be real if he declines. BTW I can’t see us having that set to play hardball. Win the battle, lose the war.
It will probably be another compromise arrangement.

I totally agree with your comment , and hoped he would come,but just trying to be real if he declines. BTW I can’t see us having that set to play hardball. Win the battle, lose the war.

Yeah.....
We'll end up with some bucket of snot of a player in a different position whose busted that can't get a gig, looking for retirement.
Instead of getting one of the best players in the game we can build a club around bringing us success for the next 10 years....

Have you seen Papallis' off the ball efforts?
This will end in disaster.

A coach will not have success here until we are perceived by players as a good career move. Ask Papali’i what he think will happen to his career at Worsts Tigers. Weak administration = 11 years of failure. The head coach is not making a difference.
If he's got half a brain (debatable judging by some of the comments accredited to him) he would realize that if he has a red hot go then he is going to be a standout among the duds that surround him.

That shouldn't hurt his contract value and especially when he gets 3 Dally M points every game.

Not only do we lose IP if we fold on this but a lot of fans as well

I was going to say we would lose respect as well but who respects us?

Absolutely no one that's who

Most of our fans probably don't have any respect for the club

We just find it hard to cut ties so still support without respecting the club

Back