Isaiah Papali’i #265

Right so Parra will flick us a few bob and we’ll use it to sign the next Tristan Reilly instead. What a powerful club 😂
I never said that. i just pointed out what actually happens at ALL clubs when a player wants out of his contract. Why don't we just wait and see what actually eventuates instead of continually bagging the club for something that hasn't happened yet. IF the club allows him to walk away from the contract by all means put the boot in and i will be right alongside you doing the same. But until then as far as i can see he is coming to WT.

I don’t think he’s gonna move.
The interview I saw doesn’t indicate any positivity in the Tigers.
He loves Madge( partially because he is NZ coach) and he’s gone, so he wants out. Maybe Sheensy & co already know that and are working behind the scenes on a possible replacement.
That said , do we have a plan B given most of our other backrowers are leaving, or is it just the juniors coming through.
Just don’t mention Nathan Brown or Aaron Woods ever again.
PS. What’s happening with the M.Moses chat ?
It was about the money, not the coach - the Madge fantasy is BS. $275k from Eels vs $600k from Tigers
We chose to LL go to accomodate IP
I have no doubt the Eels have come back to the table now and that is the influence here..

It was about the money, not the coach - the Madge fantasy is BS. $275k from Eels vs $600k from Tigers
We chose to LL go to accomodate IP
I have no doubt the Eels have come back to the table now and that is the influence here..
Thanks TT I wasn’t aware of that and going off what I read/hear. So I wonder then do we gazump any Parra offer or just roll over ?

The tough talking hasn't worked previously, trying to take on the NRL for its inaction gets you know where, getting managers offside by upsetting their clients further creates difficulty in recruiting - the club really doesn't have many options with this one.
The whole system makes it near impossible for clubs like ours to improve and it seems there are plenty around the game comfortable with that.

Heard audio of him this morning saying he wouldn’t make his mind up until after the World Cup ...
Can Sheens come out and tell us that he has been on the phone with Paps management telling them he has a contract and the whole club is looking forward to him at training after the World Cup. He will be mentoring Tumeth, O'Kane, Katauga etc and these boys are excited for his arrival.

Can Sheens come out and tell us that he has been on the phone with Paps management telling them he has a contract and the whole club is looking forward to him at training after the World Cup. He will be mentoring Tumeth, O'Kane, Katauga etc and these boys are excited for his arrival.
And for him to quit with these comments in the media because it has flow-on effects to members/fans.

the question is why does this always happen to our club.
Thanks TT I wasn’t aware of that and going off what I read/hear. So I wonder then do we gazump any Parra offer or just roll over ?
We might as well be sponsored by eBay if we can’t enforce this deal … I haven’t seen any worthwhile legal contribution from Brydens Lawyers since they came onboard.
Let’s send someone in to Parra Leagues Club to do a swan dive in front of the cameras and claim the floor was wet/slippery resulting in injury (back injuries are hard to disprove).

Does anyone have a link to our Chairman's interview with Vossy on SEN this morning? He apparently said we will be following up with him this morning to provide depth to these comments.

To me, it's very simple! He has a contract and the Club expects him to turn up to training.

We don't need to be like a school headmaster, Sheens/Benji/Robbie just need to have a coffee with him after his commitments with the Eels finish and tell him:

1. How much the Club is looking forward & excited by his arrival
2. We've made a raft of contract recruitment decisions based on him being here
3. What leadership role we want him to play
4. If he has doubts, just give the Club a chance etc etc
5. We can take his game to another level

Of course the money was the sweetener but no player is going to ever say that. He is probably worth more money now too - which Parra can offer. The Maguire axing just gives him a reason to offer for the change of heart, apart from the fact that he seems perfectly happy at the club nicely placed at the top of the comp while we are camped at the bottom.

Reactions: BZN

Gazump their offer?

Just roll over?

We don't need to do either

We have a contract with him

We just need to grow a set and make him honour the contract he was happy to sign when his own club pawwa lowballled him and tried to sign him on bench player money

To me, it's very simple! He has a contract and the Club expects him to turn up to training.

We don't need to be like a school headmaster, Sheens/Benji/Robbie just need to have a coffee with him after his commitments with the Eels finish and tell him:

1. How much the Club is looking forward & excited by his arrival
2. We've made a raft of contract recruitment decisions based on him being here
3. What leadership role we want him to play
4. If he has doubts, just give the Club a chance etc etc
5. We can take his game to another level

EXACTLY!!
Take him out for a game of Golf, Sell it to him....

All we're doing by sitting back and doing nothing is letting Parra have a free run to get inside his head and convince him to backflip.... If it's not already done.

There is no way he is going to want to spend any time with anyone from WTs while his current team is in a Premiership winning position. They would be lucky to get him to answer a phone call. If he doesn't want to come we need to back off or peppering while his focus is with Parra would just weird him out. All dealings will be through his manager - that's what they get paid for.

Reactions: BZN
This thread is a self-perpetuating echo-chamber of anxiety and worry.

Boys, you're whipping yourselves up into a tizzy. The implications for what you're all worried about are too great from an NRL perspective. He needs a PR lesson on how to approach these questions and that's about it.

Will be here once NZ commitments finish. Put your house on it.

Does anyone have a link to our Chairman's interview with Vossy on SEN this morning? He apparently said we will be following up with him this morning to provide depth to these comments.

I like Lee but this is dumb. Why bother playing this game. He has a contract with us next year and it's registered. See you at pre-season training.

Latest posts

Back