Isaiah Papali’i #265

For WT creditable and future success we need to make sure he arrives in November for pre season training with the WT.

Best second rower for the last two years. Give him more money if that is the issue he is worth it.

We need him and Api to lead WT to a new higher standard. To have the best hooker and second rower in the comp is what WT desperately need. The fans need some hope as well.
He can come here and work his arse off and have a red hot go and show he is commited, then we can talk about extra $$ and incentives.

Goof off and we'll ruin your career.

Assuming Parramatta are agitating behind the scenes to get IP to backflip, which is a fair bet, I'd ask IP the following question. When you signed with WT, Parramatta had the opportunity to trump WT's bid but failed to do so for whatever reason. Now they are telling you they really want you to stay. What do you think would happen if you are still signed with WT but have a severe injury in your last game for Parramatta?
The answer is they would drop you like a dirty rag and it would be WT who would have to compensate you while you recover. For that reason you owe it to WT to fulfil your legally-binding contract.

If we let his out of this contract then this club just shows its incompetence.

If Papali'i wants out I'd say on two conditions.

Your new contract has to be for 3 years and 25% less than the current contract and in no certain terms he can not sign for Parramatta or Bulldogs.
Or Roorters, Storm or the 'Riff and Wests Tigers get 600k per year for 3 years compensation and a fully paid player pick for 3 years from the signing club on their old club's cap.

In other words, it ain't happening old mate.

No surprise this was left out by every media outlet yesterday
If you’re current employer is agitating for you to stay and you have a further few months of existing contract to complete and you are asked publicly about taking / honouring your new contract …. I think some people would choose words carefully not to alienate people in your current environment. Particularly as in this case you’re coach, selectors and fans.
So I’m comfortable in what he said and not about to slash my wrists about it.
WT have a registered (with no who is coaching strings attached) contract.
So please … some of you take a deep breath and reach for those blue zen pills, and chill!

"Even if I don’t stay here or I do go next year, I want to make sure that this year has no regrets."

Huh??? If that is what he actually said then i would seriously doubt that he thinks he will be at parra next year.

If you’re current employer is agitating for you to stay and you have a further few months of existing contract to complete and you are asked publicly about taking / honouring your new contract …. I think some people would choose words carefully not to alienate people in your current environment. Particularly as in this case you’re coach, selectors and fans.
So I’m comfortable in what he said and not about to slash my wrists about it.
WT have a registered (with no who is coaching strings attached) contract.
So please … some of you take a deep breath and reach for those blue zen pills, and chill!
Agree, the media loves putting these blokes in a tough spot, and when they smell blood they just keep hammering away to see if they can catch a slip up.
I really don't see how there is a story here aside from the fact that the Eels know their premiership window is nailed shut for the next 4 years or so after this one.
Sheens has said IP will be here next year, that's enough for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Back