It really is time for Sheens to go........

We were 16-4 up with 5 to go!!! No way can Sheens be blamed for the loss. Benji should have closed it out yes, but that's how he plays. You can't like it when we are winning and hate it when we're losing. We played awesome today. Made a statement in defense and were unlucky in the end. I ain't giving up. If we win by 1 it's a different thread. 1 point was it.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@Thaiger14 said:
@tiger4ever said:
so dave you blame sheens?

Get bellamy away from 3 players that always play smart football and see how he goes…miss tackles most penalised side in the nrl is not a coaching problem

How do you defend these stats?

1 finals appearance from 7 seasons before 2010

3 finals appearance from 9 seasons, more than likely 10 after the season we have had thus far.

Tell me how a solid roster like the tigers, one of the best teams on paper, can be 1 from 5 this season after being labelled premiership favourites. Tell me who is meant to extract the best from the playing roster we have? Tell me who is meant to instill discipline into the players? Tell me who picks the squad and places two backs on the bench? Yes he isn't on the field but he is meant to get the best out of the players which he is clearly failing at. You are in denial.

Mate, we could go through the rest of the year winless and there would still be people who would consider him a saint

@hybrid_tiger said:
I'm no fan of Sheens but the blame today lies squarely with our braindead players.

Particularly the golden child.
\
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

i agree , his kicking game was woeful .Thats why Anasta will make a difference next season .He knows how to close out a game.Leading by 12 with 7 to go and you lose .unacceptable.

Every time we have a loss we hear calls for Sheens to be sacked. It is clear to me that the reason why we lose these close games is not Tim Sheens - it is Benji Marshall.

Benji called the shots today. We had very little in attack and he gave Beau a hospital pass on the first tackle in the Bunnys 10 with 5 mins to go. He does one bloody flick pass in 2005, and another in 2009, he does a short drop out today and we recover the ball and all I ever hear is how fantastic a player he is.

Well I for one am sick of hospital passes, cut out passes going out over the sideline, not being able to kick into the corners in the last 5 minutes of games. Time and time again our playmakers have proven that they do not have the maturity or understanding to know how to close out a football game. Whether it is Robbie or Benji it is the same old rubbish.

Thank Christ for Braith Anasta!!!!

sheens and th team were stars for 75mins then on th field we dont handle th pressure and fold , now th loss is sheens fault?? . We are not th melbourne storm we dont have robots like them it wont happen tim knows that , and blair is learning that he is doing alot more scrapy work then at th storm where he just did his job . Yes we have lost alot of clutch games but we have won some to maybe not th big ones we all remember , but no way could tim turn this side into a storm they are old enough and mature enough to close a game out by themselves .

Not Sheens fault today and now we know why we signed Anasta, for the last five years our two primary play makers have killed so many big games with low percentage plays and brain dead plays

@supercoach said:
Not Sheens fault today and now we know why we signed Anasta, for the last five years our two primary play makers have killed so many big games with low percentage plays and brain dead plays

But given the previous occasions as you mentioned, isn't it up to Sheens to ensure that these low percentage plays are never executed in those scenarios? A good coach would give Benji a drilling. The last coach to do this was Kearney and Benji had a sook about it.

If the field was 100 metres wide then we would win every game. Sideways Marshall does it again, again and again. When is he going to run f–-- straight.

Even if they didn't go for a field goal, but just ran it out, that would have done the job as well.

Didn't he sign on for four years. Two years as coach and two years as something else.

He won't be sacked. Today it was the players who fell apart. Not Sheens. Who was leading out there today. Not Benj and obviously not Ellis after he was injured. With Robbie back, maybe it will only be a small loss to the Broncos next week. :brick:

With this squad Sheen's has failed big time,Kearney has nowhere near the team Sheen's has,and we are equal last,Sheen's has lost his shine,time to get him out of here,along with some of his favourites.

@Thaiger14 said:
@supercoach said:

But given the previous occasions as you mentioned, isn't it up to Sheens to ensure that these low percentage plays are never executed in those scenarios? A good coach would give Benji a drilling. The last coach to do this was Kearney and Benji had a sook about it.

Do you think this conversation hasn't happened? Do you think Sheens wields more power than Marshall? As you have stated and I'd say the conversation has happened, Sheens should drop Marshall to teach him a lesson for once and for all.

Is this going to sit well with Sponsors next week sitting in their Corporate Box's? You have painted him into a corner… Winning football games vs bring $$$'s to the club.

I've been around some pretty cashed up Football Clubs, and I can tell you the $$$'s will win!!!

@Tigersmurf said:
Every time we have a loss we hear calls for Sheens to be sacked. It is clear to me that the reason why we lose these close games is not Tim Sheens - it is Benji Marshall.

Benji called the shots today. We had very little in attack and he gave Beau a hospital pass on the first tackle in the Bunnys 10 with 5 mins to go. He does one bloody flick pass in 2005, and another in 2009, he does a short drop out today and we recover the ball and all I ever hear is how fantastic a player he is.

Well I for one am sick of hospital passes, cut out passes going out over the sideline, not being able to kick into the corners in the last 5 minutes of games. Time and time again our playmakers have proven that they do not have the maturity or understanding to know how to close out a football game. Whether it is Robbie or Benji it is the same old rubbish.

so in 06 and 07 when Benji was out for the seasons whos fault was it to choke close games then???

Sheens has this season:
Galloway - origin and Oz
Blair - NZ
Benji - NZ captain
Farah - Origin and Oz
Ellis - England and possibly the best forward in the game
Lawrence - oz centre
Tuqiri - dual international

Then throw in the likes of Woods (who will be a rep player) and that is a pretty good nucleus to work with. Bellamy has 3 guns and 14 complete duds and nuffies like Norrie, Hinchcliffe, Ryles, Quinn and other dregs he picks up from the dump like Woolnough, Newton and co.

Sheens has more than enough to work with and the fact he has not bred a winning mentality amongst an undoubtedly talented core that we have is a direct reflection of him. He is stale, past it and the game has moved him by. Look at how new players run hard, then after a few weeks or months with us it is coached out of them (like Ryan when he went to fullback a few seasons back before Sheens coached him to dance and shuffle)

@Golden said:
@Tigersmurf said:

so in 06 and 07 when Benji was out for the seasons whos fault was it to choke close games then???

I blame the 3 of Mrs Prince, John Morris and the idiot who replaced Mrs Prince's husband with John Morris.

I wonder if Scott is being paid up ther ein white shoes and barter dollars

@supercoach said:

100% right SC.

Sheens needs to announce he will retire at the end of the year, its the only way this team will become desperate enough to win.
They love the coach, they love their comfortable little existence as first grade players who will never be dropped in one of the most popular clubs in sydney, but they need to know things are about to change, that this cruisy ride is about to end.
It shouldn't have to come to this, but i think this is the only way to get this team desperate enough to win.
I truly believe that a team who knows unlce tim is not going to be around after this season would never let a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to go slip.

Back