Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

@ said:
@ said:
Seibold to Panthers ?
Just the type of coach Gus is after
New coach with new ideas
Seibolds continued coaching career at the Rabbits has already been in the media linking him to Brisbane

Thats were im heading also. Gould was in love with him last Souths game.

How about a father (coach) and son (player) combination from another club east of the WTs (Gould lives in the area and knows the coach well).

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Seibold to Panthers ?
New coach with new ideas
Seibolds continued coaching career at the Rabbits has already been in the media linking him to Brisbane

How about a father (coach) and son (player) combination from another club east of the WTs (Gould lives in the area and knows the coach well).

I have no idea who you mean?

If Ivan was to leave to Tigers and return to the team that so abruptly sacked him and bring his son over with him, he would officially be worse than the muppets like Teddy, Woods and dare I say it… Mitch!!!

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Seibold to Panthers ?
New coach with new ideas

I don’t think Gus likes Flanagan because of the way he’s treated Jack

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Seibold to Panthers ?
New coach with new ideas

He is signed until the end of 2019\. But hey why not.

Ivan strikes me as an old school type of bloke.

Why would he go back to Penrith knowing their motivation for wanting him is simply to re-sign his son? Sounds like a pretty akward home-coming party.

Once they lock Nathan into a 5 year deal, Ivan will probably be given the sack again like Griffin, himself, Elliot, Lang and Simmons before him. If my memory is correct, Gould himself was probably the last Penrith Coach to not be sacked mid-contact.

@ said:
Ivan strikes me as an old school type of bloke.

Why would he go back to Penrith knowing their motivation for wanting him is simply to re-sign his son? Sounds like a pretty akward home-coming party.

Once they lock Nathan into a 5 year deal, Ivan will probably be given the sack again like Griffin, himself, Elliot, Lang and Simmons before him. If my memory is correct, Gould himself was probably the last Penrith Coach to not be sacked mid-contact.

Money talks.

100 per cent convinced he has been approached. i believe it is 5o/50 if he stays or goes. He would be leaving to coach his son, better money and roster. likewise would you want to go to a club in which you were shafted. he wants to leave i cant see the tigers standing in his way as they will gratefully accept a payout knowing there are other coaches without a gig. must say it has probably cost us our season as how can you expect the players to put in if the coach is thinking of jumping ship

Losses to knights, bulldogs, eels and titans cost us our season but yeah, this doesn’t help.
I’m sure the press will be at Ivan today - if he states it’s rubbish then good. If he is evasive we’re in trouble

If he goes I'd look at Maguire (spelling?) and then to be honest I don't think we would have lost too much.

agree our season on the line and this happens. cant be good. what a distraction

The West Tigers are absolutely firm saying that Ivan Cleary will not be released from his contract.

:sign:

@ said:
@ said:
agree our season on the line and this happens. cant be good. what a distraction

Every year there’s something

Simple way to fix it … Cleary comes out before the game this week and says he's going nowhere.
If he isn't considering it (and it's Bennett or another coach they're after) you would think he would knock it on the head.
Make a statement today.
If he was to leave then it's a big turnaround in the way he is portrayed by those who know him.
Not only would he be doing a massive disservice to our club (and any slim chance we still have this year) but the many players he has coaxed here on multiple year contracts to play under him.

The more I think about it, the more I think the writing's on the wall that Ivan Cleary will be leaving us.

Gould has deliberately set the scene for it with the statements over the past few weeks about how he supports son and father joining up. I thought this was odd at the time but seems to make sense now.

I don't think it's any coincidence that there were rumors of Griffin being on the way out while Gould was saying this.

The media is claiming a senior player mutiny, with some players saying off the record that they would have left if Griffin was retained. Maybe Nathan Cleary was one?

Despite sacking him, Gould has never really bagged or burned bridges with Ivan Cleary either. Gould has always said that Cleary's a great coach.

The reasoning around Cleary's sacking at Penrith was that he was "tired", Bringing back a refreshed and more experienced Ivan Cleary would fit Gould's narrative.

It would be a big blow if Cleary leaves. If our CEO and Chair can't keep Cleary, they should be asked to get off at the next bus stop.

If Cleary leaves I will eat my hat. Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

The media love to make up a story and looks like they've got the dummies to bite

Latest posts

Staff online

Back