Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep hearing that EVERYONE within our club want Jacko Hastings gone.
Does anyone have the good oil on why?
From an outsider perspective, he always engages with the fans, seems to really care about our future and was one of only a very few who had a go this year. He is also close to the only player who can implement a game plan.
Surely its not about the 7 jersey alone? Is he anti fleshlight or something?

From an outsider perspective, he always engages with the fans, seems to really care about our future and was one of only a very few who had a go this year. He is also close to the only player who can implement a game plan.
Surely it’s not about the 7 jersey alone? Is he anti fleshlight or something?
Judging by the amount of rumoured conflicts etc. he gets into with other players and clubs, his personality probably just doesn’t suit team sport.

Might be a bit of a weirdo, or likes giving it to everyone else at training etc.

When even clean-skins like DCE get into confrontations with him, something’s not right there.

Surely its not about the 7 jersey alone? Is he anti fleshlight or something?
Square peg in a round hole?
Did plenty of positive in his time in the UK. There are reams of information about the good stuff but he is a big personality don't doubt for a minute that some don't take to him and the negative about anything in NRL always carries more weight and spreads far and wide. He is just going to have to grin and bare it given his history, which he seems to do pretty well.

Judging by the amount of rumoured conflicts etc. he gets into with other players and clubs, his personality probably just doesn’t suit team sport.

Might be a bit of a weirdo, or likes giving it to everyone else at training etc.

When even clean-skins like DCE get into confrontations with him, something’s not right there.
That could all be true, but surely if it was happening regularly enough for the ENTIRE ORGANISATION to want him gone as rumoured, there would have been a heap of leaked instances. The only thing I have heard is that he had a crack at Nofoaluma. Thats a reason to keep him for mine.

That could all be true, but surely if it was happening regularly enough for the ENTIRE ORGANISATION to want him gone as rumoured, there would have been a heap of leaked instances. The only thing I have heard is that he had a crack at Nofoaluma. Thats a reason to keep him for mine.
I’m sure there were reports of conflicts with Doueihi earlier in the year too (someone verify).

And obviously all the stuff at his previous clubs.

DCE is the most unpopular player at manly according to most of their supporters (i live in the area).A clean skin he is not

Square peg in a round hole?
This would appear to be the case.
I'm disappointed we have let go the only guy who can organise the attack and one of our best performing players stats wise due to possible personality clashes.
Ive performed within several high performing teams professionally over the years with members I disliked. We always found a way to be pointing in the same direction when it mattered and got the job done.
This is management failure with Hastings.

This would appear to be the case.
I'm disappointed we have let go the only guy who can organise the attack and one of our best performing players stats wise due to possible personality clashes.
Ive performed within several high performing teams professionally over the years with members I disliked. We always found a way to be pointing in the same direction when it mattered and got the job done.
This is management failure with Hastings.
Mate anyone who thinks things don't get heated with team mates at times during games and at training is kidding themselves. The competiive players will always push others around them and some don't like hearing it. Saw JWH dress down Sam Walker on the field during a game for a dumb play tore strips off him and at the presser Robbo applauded him for it and said that is what he would expect from his leaders.
I will look forward to the day when the leaders set the standard for others around them at WTs
He is gone now good luck to him.

Don't think it had anything to do with personality. Think it was simple as Sheens and Benji told him you will be a 13, resigned as a 13 and will be playing 13 for the entire time you're here. He wanted to play halfback and Knights can guarantee that.

I think he's a big loss, we played with a lot more direction and depth when he was on the field and will be extremally frustrating if we have another dud year with Brooks. If we do get Klemmer and Bateman, thats one of the best packs we have had in a very long time...if our halves don't fire, the club have only ourselves to blame for not moving them on when we had the chance.

I’m sure there were reports of conflicts with Doueihi earlier in the year too (someone verify).

And obviously all the stuff at his previous clubs.
What are these conflicts though?
Did they disagree on playing strategies?, was there some jealousy? did they undermine each other? Earlier in the year Doueihi wasnt even playing so it must have been simply that they didnt like each other?
Childish bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back