Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not taking anything off anybody.
Neither were the the best halfbacks the year the year they won it … but by Dally M rules they got the gong.
PS Hynes is far superior to Brooks in any year you want to name.

No doubting it.....
Also never played at the Wests Tigers
- Or any team remotely as poor as the Wests Tigers.

Or had nuftie coaches like Jason Taylor...

Nicho Hynes won it this year didn’t he?
Yet out of the halfbacks taken for the WC he’s not one of them…
Are you taking his off him as well?
I don't think he was the best player in the comp, do you? Someone like Isaiah Yeo was more deserving.
The Dally M's is a terrible system for judging player awards. Remember a couple of years back that Sims girl was dolling out Dally M points to players in a game she hadn't even watched?
I take them with a grain of salt.

No doubting it.....
Also never played at the Wests Tigers
- Or any team remotely as poor as the Wests Tigers.

Or had nuftie coaches like Jason Taylor...
This is what has been the most annoying thing in all this. The following articles are from 2013 and 2014, in which the club are selling both Brooks and Moses as our "saviours". The expectations placed on them back then was disgraceful and is part of the poor perception problem (it somewhat helped create it).
In hindsight, other than 2016 (I think?, was their best hope) they were never gonna rise to the challenge and take us to finals footy considering our roster over the years.

I don't mind if we are now being selective with information as I'm sick of enduring hearing the club feed the supporter base with false promises.

Last edited:
This is what has been the most annoying thing in all this. The following articles are from 2013 and 2014, in which the club are selling both Brooks and Moses as our "saviours". The expectations placed on them back then was disgraceful and is part of the poor perception problem (it somewhat helped create it).
In hindsight, other than 2016 (I think?) they were never gonna rise to the challenge and take us to finals footy considering our roster over the years.

I don't mind if we are now being selective with information as I'm sick of enduring hearing the club feed the supporter base with false promises.

It was Putrid....
Like I said, to all the guys singing the "9 Years Brooks song" in the 1st of those years, He was 19 - With one game behind him...
The 2nd year he was 20 with 20 odd games more....

Sironen, Simona, Woods, Tedesco....
They were all kids and didn't have the right passage to NRL....

Maloney made up for his mistakes.
I am with Bang05 and yes Maloney made up for his mistakes, he was a great player and I still can't believe he went for 600k.

Maloney was as skilled as Pearce and marginally worse then say DCE. He got the job done. Had we signed Maloney over Reynolds we would be in a very different place now.

Another lesson here is from the Warriors... Make mistakes.
I remember watching a few Stephen Kearney coached games. The completion rate was 95% and the Warriors were getting done. Boring football. You got to take risks and you got to make mistakes else the opposition will read you too easily. .

ôk not our problem, still Maloney took risks and sometimes they worked and sometimes they blew up in his face. We have to learn to take good risks.

Twice this season. Same as Hastings and same as Madden.
I swear I read someone complain about Brooks kicking dead three times a week on here when the fact is it's just not justified. Find a relevant criticism or you're just making yourself look foolish.
And as others have said, good forwards create time and space for the half to execute his kick so it does in fact help.
You’d be surprised how much the dummy half matters.
We’ll see a difference with that alone!

I dont care who you have at 1/2 back in the NRL,most will make a mistake at any given time such as kicking dead or out on the full,its pressure that they all know is coming ..
But the dissapointing thing about Brooks is that he knows it was his team,he knew how weak our packs have been and he still couldnt have the nous to work around that...it showed us all what a 7 really looks like when Hastings was here,yelled at the players,guided the team,played to his best with a broken leg and showed leadership with the same miserable forwards and a heap of ressie players...Put Brooks up on a pedestal all you like ...Hastings showed true leadership,something Brooks has never shown in that role...

I dont care who you have at 1/2 back in the NRL,most will make a mistake at any given time such as kicking dead or out on the full,its pressure that they all know is coming ..
But the dissapointing thing about Brooks is that he knows it was his team,he knew how weak our packs have been and he still couldnt have the nous to work around that...it showed us all what a 7 really looks like when Hastings was here,yelled at the players,guided the team,played to his best with a broken leg and showed leadership with the same miserable forwards and a heap of ressie players...Put Brooks up on a pedestal all you like ...Hastings showed true leadership,something Brooks has never shown in that role...
Resulting in the clubs worst ever season - and the wooden spoon

Right?

“As a club we are obviously not satisfied that we finished last in 2022 and tough decisions need to be made," said Tigers boss Justin Pascoe.

Not everyone will be happy with some decisions we make, but we do not apologise for these decisions.”

That sounds pretty close to linking the spoon with Hastings’ performances this season, which I don’t know if it’s deliberate or not but I would sure be stung by it.

That's funny because Jacko being likeable or not, his Efforts contributed massively to the FEW games Tigers did win.
Late to this thread but damn that is a DUMB comment by Pascoe. Hastings wasn't even in the plans to be released and somehow, that was a decision based on 2022??

Deadset can't even make the right statements. Just does a ctrl + c, ctrl + v. Hastings deserved better.

Late to this thread but damn that is a DUMB comment by Pascoe. Hastings wasn't even in the plans to be released and somehow, that was a decision based on 2022??

Deadset can't even make the right statements. Just does a ctrl + c, ctrl + v. Hastings deserved better.
Has Pascoe apologized for the spoon ...or was that part of the second 5 year plan

Resulting in the clubs worst ever season - and the wooden spoon

Right?
Thank Sheens and admin for sacking Madge mid season and letting players go....nothing works better to destabile a team ....cant blame the players all the time,they may or may not have been fond of Madge,but being highly paid proffessionals you would think they would perform for the pay check...
Thats why we got the spoon...destabiled team,uncertainty of future and a fillin coach who was trying his best but not up to the level of others....

Thank Sheens and admin for sacking Madge mid season and letting players go....nothing works better to destabile a team ....cant blame the players all the time,they may or may not have been fond of Madge,but being highly paid proffessionals you would think they would perform for the pay check...
Thats why we got the spoon...destabiled team,uncertainty of future and a fillin coach who was trying his best but not up to the level of others....
Or the club, led by Sheens, tanked on purpose to make the decision to sack everyone easier and also make this 'transition' season look much better. We joke about coming 9th but no one jokes about coming last.

Or the club, led by Sheens, tanked on purpose to make the decision to sack everyone easier and also make this 'transition' season look much better. We joke about coming 9th but no one jokes about coming last.
We’ve learnt how to move players on - that’s a skill in itself!
We’re up in the dry dock, scraping the barnacles off the hull.
Sheens is the king of tough love - just the panacea we’ve needed.
Keep wielding that axe, the jersey grabbers are dropping like 9 pins ..

We’ve learnt how to move players on - that’s a skill in itself!
We’re up in the dry dock, scraping the barnacles off the hull.
Sheens is the king of tough love - just the panacea we’ve needed.
Keep wielding that axe, the jersey grabbers are dropping like 9 pins ..
I think we are scraping the crud off the barnacles ...the barnacles are still around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back