Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should still be a tiger šŸÆ
A smart footballer, who gave his all . The only problem was ,that he wasn't a half, and the club was right. They said lock, and i think he thought his body would not last the distance, i agree. Newcastle, about as sensible as batmans butler, offered him more dollars as well as the half , and the Tigers graciously released him.
A great deal for all concerned. So why are you whinging ?

Today at my kids oztag I had a chat to a current tigers player . Hastings came up. To summarise
- no real issue from tne playing group about him leaving
- very independent player who didnā€™t make any effort to mix with the players
- put himself above the team

Almost word for word what I got told. Thought it was very interesting.

Some other things he told me. Training has stepped up immensely. Benji/sheens/Farah being very well received and leaving a great impression on tne players.

Today at my kids oztag I had a chat to a current tigers player . Hastings came up. To summarise

Some other things he told me. Training has stepped up immensely. Benji/sheens/Farah being very well received and leaving a great impression on tne players.

Yeah interesting issue this one.

Thanks for posting this information. It is great to read about training and also how the coaching team is being received.

n

yeah nah, happy with Sheens decision
Emphasis on speed and attack this coming season - we kept the hare and cut the tortoise ā€¦ Iā€™m not a Brooks fan at all but slow motion run-arounds with Hastings is not part of the new focus.

Brooks and Laurie would be a pretty fast 1/2 and 5/8 pairing , Staines at the back , that speed is 10 fold what we had this year , I loved Jacko in our team but he was a little slow but he did have a great footy brain ,

Not sure how your relationship with that player is, but I always find it weird when a staff members divulges this information to random fans.

Emphasis on speed and attack this coming season - we kept the hare and cut the tortoise ā€¦ Iā€™m not a Brooks fan at all but slow motion run-arounds with Hastings is not part of the new focus.
This makes sense to me. (As long as there is speed in defense as well).

ā€œPut himself above the teamā€

Very subjective. Did they give an example?

He flew north off his own back whilst injured to watch the team play is an example. Another one is always publicly backing his team mates.

Not sure how your relationship with that player is, but I always find it weird when a staff members divulges this information to random fans.
I know him pretty well. He normally just chuckles when I ask him about tigers stuff and doesnā€™t answer. But he was more than happy to let fly about Hastings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back