Jacob Miller to the Eels.

@Tigersmurf said:
@Snodgrass said:
He'd be mad not to … How much could a young half learn from a bloke like Ricky S.

And he might get to play with Robbie .... OUCH !!!!!

And Ricky S learnt off Tim Sheens.

Just Saying.

Just like he helped mitchell pierce!
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@MacDougall said:
I call bs. He would be a better chance of starting half here. I actually think someone has decided that Miller WILL be starting 7 in 2012 already and whoever it is, isn't Sheens. The Dragons deal falling through, Farah saying he'd be here, Payten wrapping him big time even when he plays average, Humble leaving, Chisholm leaving, Marshall referring to himself as a five-eighth again (what a wanker, seriously). Can't see Sirro wearing 7\. His only competition is Anasta who can play in the backrow anyway. I think Miller will be our halfback next year pending trial performances, finally.

I hope so, he's our most logical choice and I think with a few more appearances and a whole off-season he will hit his straps or at least start to through next year.
Honestly even if he struggles to perform, I'd rather have a set halves combo to develop rather than trialing 6 different guys there. (And I don't think Miller will struggle :slight_smile:)

for this rumour to be even remotely believable then a destination has to be found for $andow

more likely that Miller might go somewhere like the Dragons than Eels .

@MacDougall said:
I always said that Miller should have been brought up with Koroibete because of their combo. They have an epic combo going. Miller knows where Koro is at all times and is capable of kicking or passing it right on to his chest from anywhere on the field.

Absolutely spot on.I have noticed this too.I think if you throw in the likes of teddy,nofo and sirro and you will find he will feel even more comfortable in finding some combination and groove for first grade.On a side note how big is that kane evans from the roosters plays huge minutes too.Would love to have him teaming up with woodsy next year.When you think teddy and sirro could of played nyc this year we are going great in the 20's.

I watched the NYC game earlier today. Miller was very good. Played a very structured and mature role. Anybody who doesn't rate this kid should not be allowed to comment on football.

He will kill it in first grade when given a ch ace by someone who believes in him.
\
\

With a full off-season training and forming partnerships with the first grade team he can only get better. Should hire andrew johns in the off season as a halves mentor

@southerntiger said:
I watched the NYC game earlier today. Miller was very good. Played a very structured and mature role. Anybody who doesn't rate this kid should not be allowed to comment on football.

He will kill it in first grade when given a ch ace by someone who believes in him.
\
\

Yep…two seasons - 50 NRL games, two years of off seasons and bulking him up......people want NRL quality _debutants_, it dont work that way

@Snodgrass said:
He'd be mad not to … How much could a young half learn from a bloke like Ricky S.

And he might get to play with Robbie .... OUCH !!!!!

Sticky actually has a terrible record with young halves, completely against what you'd expect

Does anyone have stats for miller regarding tackles made and tackles attempted as well as try assists, line break assists, etc

@innsaneink said:
@southerntiger said:

\
\

Yep…two seasons - 50 NRL games, two years of off seasons and bulking him up......people want NRL quality _debutants_, it dont work that way

Exactly right Ink. Miller should be brought through the same way as Tedesco after having a very solid 2012 season, just like Teddy did in 2011\. Sheens himself says you're not a true first grader until you've played 50 games. Lui took time to get used to playing in between Benji and Farah. Although he had a few weak areas in his game, he was really starting to look comfortable and dominant before he left.

@Cultured Bogan said:
If Sheens wasn't our coach heading into this year, Miller would have been wearing the #7 since round one.

amen to that cb … miller and teddy should have both been given the opportunity first up. you only have to see how well koro went when given the chance and imo nofo is every bit as good as koro. yet instead we went through virtually a whole season with by far and away the slowest backline in the competition :rant

if ever the club / team needed a fresh new direction its now

Miller is a talented player but a work in progress, there is certainly arguments for playing gim in NRL, but equally there is reasons for bringing him on slowly, he is not physically a big guy, and very few 20 year olds have the authority to push a side around, sheens not playing Miller does not mean he is not part of the click he prob just thinks that Miller needs to b brought on slowly. DCE played a whole year in Q cupafter dominating NYC

@Goose said:
Miller is a talented player but a work in progress, there is certainly arguments for playing gim in NRL, but equally there is reasons for bringing him on slowly, he is not physically a big guy, and very few 20 year olds have the authority to push a side around, sheens not playing Miller does not mean he is not part of the click he prob just thinks that Miller needs to b brought on slowly. DCE played a whole year in Q cupafter dominating NYC

When someone on twitter suggested he needs to play in first grade this was his response:

Jacob Miller ‏@jmilky92
@moniquen97 @jontag23 I would need to learn how to play centre or wing for that to be possible

definitely sounds like he isn't in sheens plans to me

@Goose said:

Very good insight goose.. Agree…there are very few who make it at 20 and if you look at DCE this year they figured him out and he had a pretty average year

Latest posts

Staff online

Back