Jake Simpkin #242

@tyga said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349095) said:
Great move by the Tigers.

Looking at the off contract players we should sign Luciano Leilua, Jock Madden, Alex Twal.
We still have two spots to fill also for this year.

Players that are promising but haven’t set the world on fire in first grade. Talau, Amone, Cini, Mikalele.

There’s 11 players coming off this year and next I would move on for certain: MCK, Liddle, Packer, Seyfarth, Walters, Garner, Kepoa, BJ, Mbye, Roberts, Tamou.

Off contract 2021:
Tom Amone, Michael Chee-Kam, Zac Cini, Jacob Liddle, Thomas Mikaele, Russell Packer, Alex Seyfarth, Billy Walters

Off contract 2022:
Luke Garner, Asu Kepaoa, Joseph Leilua, Luciano Leilua, Jock Madden, Moses Mbye, James Roberts, Jake Simpkin, Tommy Talau, James Tamou, Alex Twal

Didn't Madden just get another year added around the trial games?

Looking at the off contract players we should sign Luciano Leilua, Jock Madden, Alex Twal.

Players that are promising but haven’t set the world on fire in first grade. Talau, Amone, Cini, Mikalele.

There’s 11 players coming off this year and next I would move on for certain: MCK, Liddle, Packer, Seyfarth, Walters, Garner, Kepoa, BJ, Mbye, Roberts, Tamou.

Off contract 2021:
Tom Amone, Michael Chee-Kam, Zac Cini, Jacob Liddle, Thomas Mikaele, Russell Packer, Alex Seyfarth, Billy Walters

Off contract 2022:
Luke Garner, Asu Kepaoa, Joseph Leilua, Luciano Leilua, Jock Madden, Moses Mbye, James Roberts, Jake Simpkin, Tommy Talau, James Tamou, Alex Twal

For me Tom Amore, Luciano Leilua and Jake Simpkin are priority number 1...
Would also like to see us give Cini a run in top grade as I think he might be a diamond in the rough guy that just does his job..

If you watched NSW Knockout Cup, Amone was not that impressive, didn't push through the line and flopped to try and get a quick play the ball, he is no wrecking ball, don't get to excited.

Off contract 2021:

Off contract 2022:

Technically Joey Leilua is off contract this year as next year is in clubs favor. I doubt club will activate his contract for next season based on his cost to output value.

His extension is set to be announced this afternoon according to the SMH. They said the club sees him as our long term 9 but wants to keep Liddle too.

@jadtiger said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348447) said:
@tigerpower said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348294) said:
@jadtiger said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348252) said:
@tigerpower said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348244) said:
I didn’t think he ran enough on the weekend. I hope someone tells him to back himself and take the line on more often.

That is the worst thing he could do.It is a team game and you need to play as a team to do your best.He is not in under 7s anymore

He is leading try scorer in reggies because he backs himself. The best dummy in the game is Adam Cook when he backs himself and runs. Harry grant is most dangerous when he runs. If all we want from our dummy half is to pass the ball then let’s get Liddle back in there.

A good dummy half does not run from dummy half as often Simpkin does

That is an incredibly stupid and naive comment.

In fact you'll see the top hookers run MORE than Simpkins does.

@jc99 said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349385) said:
His extension is set to be announced this afternoon according to the SMH. They said the club sees him as our long term 9 but wants to keep Liddle too.

That is great recruitment if we keep both. Excellent depth in a crucial position

How to demotivate a player 101. Liddle is a young man and deserves far better than comment.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349409) said:

How to demotivate a player 101. Liddle is a young man and deserves far better than comment.

Should we give him 150 games ala luke Brooks and see how it works out?

@balmain-boy said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349389) said:
I didn’t think he ran enough on the weekend. I hope someone tells him to back himself and take the line on more often.

That is the worst thing he could do.It is a team game and you need to play as a team to do your best.He is not in under 7s anymore

He is leading try scorer in reggies because he backs himself. The best dummy in the game is Adam Cook when he backs himself and runs. Harry grant is most dangerous when he runs. If all we want from our dummy half is to pass the ball then let’s get Liddle back in there.

The six again rule is built for hookers to run once the defence tires. I think he just needs confidence to play his natural game in first grade. This extension might just do that.

Like I said the clubs offering him a contract that means he can fight for the spot. If he doesn't want that he can leave, that's footy.

@tigerpower said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349429) said:

Let them fight for the position. Advising that Simpkin is viewed as the long term hooker is a big you know what to Liddle. He deserves better.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349433) said:

Let them fight for the position. Advising that Simpkin is viewed as the long term hooker is a big you know what to Liddle. He deserves better.

I think the club has been very good to Liddle despite all the major injury and setbacks he has had. If he believes he is the best hooker in the club he should stick around and fight for it.

@tigerpower said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349435) said:

I think the club has been very good to Liddle despite all the major injury and setbacks he has had. If he believes he is the best hooker in the club he should stick around and fight for it.

Very true mate they continually re-signed him even when he had multiple injuries in a row. They've done nothing but treat him well

@balmain-boy said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1349389) said:

I disagree he needs to learn when to run from dummy half.If he runs less he has a much greater chance of it being effective.

Well you'd sign Simpkin, and say he's currently ahead, but believe both players have a lot to offer and whomever performs best will play. Think Liddle will move to #14 very soon

Simpkin may be the future but he needs competition. It’s not like Liddle has done anything not to warrant a new contract.

![283AB199-C39D-4F8A-9FBB-56932B454F08.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1619589733600-283ab199-c39d-4f8a-9fbb-56932b454f08.jpeg)

Latest posts

Members online

Back