Jake Simpkin #242

hsvjones

jake-simpkin.jpg
Archive posts to start with.

Hope he played well as I would put Liddle on notice

@hsvjones said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314850) said:
Did anyone watch the game today to see how he went and how many mins he played?

or the big question - Did he surpass LIddle's NFL throws today as he has about 7 (Ref missed a lot of them).

Scored a try

@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314872) said:
@hsvjones said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314850) said:

or the big question - Did he surpass LIddle's NFL throws today as he has about 7 (Ref missed a lot of them).

Scored a try

And?

@getagrip said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314887) said:
@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314872) said:

Scored a try

And?

There was no coverage that’s all I know

Scored a try

also set up 2 tries. very much a standout. won't be there long.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2021/03/14/the-knock-on-effect-nsw-cup-highlights-raiders-v-magpies-round-1/

I hate to pump his tyres, but this kid is brilliant to watch out of dummy half. He looks like he has so much time. The player he reminds me of most is Cameron Smith (purely in terms of his dummy half work). He seems to work towards a point on the field and use his forwards in combination to open space for the backs. Can't wait to see him play first grade.

@kazoo-kid said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1327915) said:
I hate to pump his tyres, but this kid is brilliant to watch out of dummy half. He looks like he has so much time. The player he reminds me of most is Cameron Smith (purely in terms of his dummy half work). He seems to work towards a point on the field and use his forwards in combination to open space for the backs. Can't wait to see him play first grade.

Is better than Liddle

@tigerap said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1327935) said:
@kazoo-kid said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1327915) said:

Is better than Liddle

Right now, no. But he will surpass him once he gets first grade experience.

Played ok, gets out of dummyhalf well and not afraid of contact in the middle. I think we would be served well by using him off the bench in FG to give Liddle a spell. He's a lot sharper off the ground with his passing and footwork than Mbye.

Looking at Jake Simpkin today he's got what it takes to play first grade and his time will come. The halves situation is a different story both halves seemed out of their depth in Reserves Tom Amone made some good runs but will need time to get match fitness also Russell Packer has a knee injury and could be out for some time Fitzgibbon makes AJ look like a season first grader the other winger Kiah Cooper looks to have a future and the more I see Joey Leilua the more he looks like a running second rower.

I'd be looking at trading him to Roosters for someone like Ikuvalu or Nat Butcher or even Sualii for 1 year. If Liddle gets injured, he comes straight back in.

This way, it fast-tracks his development in a great organisation, we get a winger or edge forward that we need and Roosters can push for top 4.

Could do the same with Manly if they have someone we need.

This kid is very Grant-esque in his service and defence but unsure if he has the same competitiveness which is Grant's best quality.

That being said, Liddle is improving as well. Have no issues with him starting over Simpkin all year.

@tig_prmz said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328041) said:
I'd be looking at trading him to Roosters for someone like Ikuvalu or Nat Butcher or even Sualii for 1 year. If Liddle gets injured, he comes straight back in.

This way, it fast-tracks his development in a great organisation, we get a winger or edge forward that we need and Roosters can push for top 4.

This kid is very Grant-esque in his service and defence but unsure if he has the same competitiveness which is Grant's best quality.

That being said, Liddle is improving as well. Have no issues with him starting over Simpkin all year.

We don't need to give Rorters nothing nada zip

His service from dummy half is superior to Liddle, he doesn’t shirk the defensive side either. He played 80 minutes, he is our future long term 9

@851 said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328043) said:
His service from dummy half is superior to Liddle, he doesn’t shirk the defensive side either. He played 80 minutes, he is our future long term 9

Couldn’t agree more.
Made some really big defensive efforts.

@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314909) said:
@getagrip said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314887) said:

Scored a try

And?

Wasn’t it on Kayo?

he got sent to sin bin with 5 seconds left in game
shoukd be on our bench or loan him to Roosters for a year if we won't play him do he gets experience like Harry did

@tig_prmz said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328041) said:

In theory it's a good idea. But the Roosters would get in his ear and never let him come back.

@the_third said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1328046) said:
@tony-soprano said in [How did Jake Simpkin go today on reserves](/post/1314909) said:

Scored a try

And?

Wasn’t it on Kayo?

Yep unless I dreamed watching it

Latest posts

Members online

Back