Jake Simpkin #242

I still think there is room for both Liddle & Simpkin in the 17, Liddle has the pace and ball skills for the NRL he is to good for NSW Cup & so is Simpkin, Liddle should start and either fill in at lock when Simpkin comes on EG like Farah/Haleatau as a rover in the middle of the ruck or has a spell. Simpkin was very quiet yesterday. Yet no one has mention this at all, compare the 2 in both grades,

![599f122e-9da4-4a02-a0e7-186e58dbab99-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1619416450750-599f122e-9da4-4a02-a0e7-186e58dbab99-image.png)

@f-o-s-0 said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1347625) said:
I still think there is room for both Liddle & Simpkin in the 17, Liddle has the pace and ball skills for the NRL he is to good for NSW Cup & so is Simpkin, Liddle should start and either fill in at lock when Simpkin comes on EG like Farah/Haleatau as a rover in the middle of the ruck or has a spell. Simpkin was very quiet yesterday. Yet no one has mention this at all, compare the 2 in both grades,

![599f122e-9da4-4a02-a0e7-186e58dbab99-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1619416450750-599f122e-9da4-4a02-a0e7-186e58dbab99-image.png)

Agree, I think if Mbye gets moved on, Liddle as our 14 would be fantastic, didn’t like the idea before, but both tag teaming each other, would work wonders for us imo.

Well..

This week I believe it’ll be Mbye in the centre’s full time.

Simpkin and Liddle special.

Also I turned the game off yesterday, but how did Simpkin go yesterday?

@isaaktigers said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1347649) said:
Well..

Worked like a dog in defence, made 47 tackles. Missed a couple too though.

@cultured_bogan said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1347652) said:
Well..

I turned it off after the 3rd try was scored, but when I tuned in I liked what he was doing, burrowing in to try score close was what I also wanted to see.

Well..

I also turned it off however from memory one of the tries scored through the middle was a miss by Simpkins and Musgrove however it was mostly Musgrove.

Needs to be read the riot act about going himself from dummy half when we have a roll on.

Murdered a massive chance yesterday. Needs to be taught early to stop over playing his hand

@harvey said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348049) said:
Needs to be read the riot act about going himself from dummy half when we have a roll on.

Murdered a massive chance yesterday. Needs to be taught early to stop over playing his hand

White line fever is his biggest issue hopefully he removes it from his game soon

That was his problem in the Knock-on Effect Cup as well. Tried to do to much and overplayed things.

@mike said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348074) said:

That was his problem in the Knock-on Effect Cup as well. Tried to do to much and overplayed things.

He’s a kid, give him time.

I am absolutely stoked that he wants to run the ball and try to make a break,,, I have had more than enough of the Brooks brothers mbye distributor caps style of footy wher they slowly and obviously pass the ball poorly to a man in a worse position than themselves that the defence is already set and waiting for... a ball runner that will take on the line..... A FREAKING REVELATION a for this Joint venture!

Well..

And 58 last week - it will take its toll, trying to keep those numbers up.

@jirskyr said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348159) said:
Well..

And 58 last week - it will take its toll, trying to keep those numbers up.

Yep, he looked like he was the only one having a go in the middle.

I don’t mind if he has a go himself and overplays his hand. I want to see what he’s made of and if he can dominate first grade, like he did in reserves.

I was hoping that Jake was going to be used with Liddle, hope this kid doesn't get burnt out at 19. Liddle is to good to be playing NSW knock out Cup, would be a great replacing each other.

@blocker1963 said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348215) said:
I was hoping that Jake was going to be used with Liddle, hope this kid doesn't get burnt out at 19. Liddle is to good to be playing NSW knock out Cup, would be a great replacing each other.

Yeah I'd be bringing Liddle back into FG and shift Mbye to the centres.

I didn’t think he ran enough on the weekend. I hope someone tells him to back himself and take the line on more often.

@tigerpower said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348244) said:
I didn’t think he ran enough on the weekend. I hope someone tells him to back himself and take the line on more often.

That is the worst thing he could do.It is a team game and you need to play as a team to do your best.He is not in under 7s anymore

@jadtiger said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348252) said:
@tigerpower said in [Jake Simpkin](/post/1348244) said:

That is the worst thing he could do.It is a team game and you need to play as a team to do your best.He is not in under 7s anymore

He is leading try scorer in reggies because he backs himself. The best dummy in the game is Adam Cook when he backs himself and runs. Harry grant is most dangerous when he runs. If all we want from our dummy half is to pass the ball then let’s get Liddle back in there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back