James Tamou

hsvjones

This guys has just found another level and playing some excellent football and needed a thread I think.
He played 49mins and had 159m, 30 tackles with nil misses and for the first time in a long time I was calling for him to come back on to settle the forwards in the 2nd half.
We had 10 players over 100m and it was just a few weeks ago we would be lucky to have 1..
Forwards have been massive with last 2 weeks and its just changes the game and considering we are still on the rough end of the refs we have hung on..
Congrats to all players.
Imagine when we get AD, Stefo, and a few other back

b suss about Him n J O,Garner ,last year of a contract,were any of them as good as when they started contract,just saying,J O may get off on crowd,winning...............but

No coincidence the six agains being reduced has improved his game. Looked far too slow last year but has been pretty solid this season

If he keeps it up chuck another year deal for cheap at him.

Defensively he’s been a rock and he’s playing some good footy this year. I’m glad he’s back in form and leading with his actions.

I haven’t liked him in recent times, but this year he has come better.

Last week and this week whenever he was on the field he screamed at the team for quick line defence.

Whenever he goes off, no forward takes charge and that’s when you’ll see our boys wait for the opposition to come to us.

Maybe 1 more year on the cards?

I wouldn’t be extending his contract but last few weeks Mr Tamou has definitely lifted his performances.. might just earn Tamou back..

I think Hastings barking orders to the forwards has driven the whole pack

Tamou was solid and with Stef back soon we should in a good position to push up the ladder

Deep down he probably came here to see it out.

Madge kept picking him when he didn't deserve it and now he feels in debt, probably had a long think about sees guys like Stef and Seyfarth and Liddle having a go so is doing it for them all.

That's how the club can build a connection.

And the more they win and the bigger the stage the better he will go.

Last edited:
This guy deserves a massive wrap. He was ordinary last season. He wasn't terrible but he was ordinary. This year he has been great.

He also talks really well.

He is the type of guy that seems to help a club build a good culture.

It's funny that people after 2 games are calling Hastings to be renewed despite him having another year on his contract but then saying lets see about Tamou.

Tamou if anything he has been just as pivotal if not more so for us the last few weeks than Hastings and he is off contract next year not bad for a 33 going on 34yr old. He is almost playing like this year is his last.

Look alot would depend if we get someone like a Klemmer, Thompson etc because they would be a natural starter beside Stefano, but either way I would be tempted to draw up a 1yr deal for him. We have some really good kids coming through and his leadership would be brilliant I think for them.

Last year he looked disinterested. He walked into a shitshow here whilst the team he left won game after game, week after week and went on to win the comp. That would be depressing
Someone on here hilariously, and accurately labelled him captain dressing gown. He was doing the very bare minimum.
This year he has bought into the club. He speaks very positively about what’s going on, he is backing the players and coaching staff and most importantly, he is leading by example on the field. He was bought as a forward leader and is finally operating as such. The pack is following him and it is reaping good results.

Last year he looked disinterested. He walked into a shitshow here whilst the team he left won game after game, week after week and went on to win the comp. That would be depressing
Someone on here hilariously, and accurately labelled him captain dressing gown. He was doing the very bare minimum.
This year he has bought into the club. He speaks very positively about what’s going on, he is backing the players and coaching staff and most importantly, he is leading by example on the field. He was bought as a forward leader and is finally operating as such. The pack is following him and it is reaping good results.
Yeah he’s going ok now but it proves he was on the bludge last year

Back