James Tedesco Signs with Roosters [Official]

@ said:
@ said:
Either he has already signed with another club or he is really putting a rocket up management's behind to get this house in order. Losing Tedeaco would be devastating. If only we had Robbie to convince him otherwise. We had a club legend who has given his all kicked out of this club. A guy who won us a premiership and gave us his all. Yet people will stick the knife in him. He is a saint compared to these divas. Instead of owning the clubs results they are quick to blame others and run away when it all goes hard. If they were all like robbie and had his loyalty then we would win another premiership. I wish him nothing but injuries and bad form if he leaves.

That last sentence of your post is pathetic. He is entitled to set himself up as he sees fit, wishing injury on him is lower than a snakes gut.

He has not seen finals footy here in FG despite consistent improvement, who'd blame him for going.

He was happy to get his pay cheque when he missed almost 2 years of footy. No loyalty whatsoever. Talk of wanting to play finals and win a premiership, he has a chance to do that with his mates here. A war chest to spend next year plus a decent coach. Im entitled to my opinion. The only realistic place he could go to is the dogs and we have a better future with our roster then they do.

@ said:
Just watched the second part of Teddys interview , I say again he is gone , Cleary won't save him at the tigers , he will sign with a team that has been making the finals , I have a very bad feeling Teddy , Woods , Moses are all gone , and the club knows it , that's why the deadline comment may have been used so we can start buying the replacements

The club should set a deadline. 2 of the four clowns have brought the club to it's knees two years in a row with this crap. They want stability….then put this crap to bed and sign up or sign somewhere else. At least the media will move on then and let the club play footy. These four guys with their protracted crap have greatly contributed to a man losing his job, there is absolutely no doubt about that and now it looks likely they will leave anyway. Add to that we let T Martin go ( Moses), R Papenhuyzen ( Tedesco) all for what?

Im going on record now ( and it's something i never thought i would advocate) but im tempted if these guys all announce elsewhere and we are out of finals contention, they are sitting in the grandstand the rest of the year until November when their contracts run out.

It's not our job to prepare them for the next club or keep their rep careers going when they are going elsewhere.

And no, i wouldn't do it to any other player that signs elsewhere,but if these guys want to hold the club to randsom and bring it to it's knees then yeah, we can also do that with these players.

Loyalty is overrated now. It's a professional sport.

Only the fans care about loyalty. Coaches, clubs and players are all commodities and loyalty only lasts as long as the paycheque is good and results are positive.

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to lambast it.

@ said:
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/03/30/finals-footy-key-signing-tedesco

Looks like bye bye Teddy. My gut feeling is he will leave - and I can't really blame him.

Would have been on more money and a better side at the Raiders right now

The players need to take their fair share of accountability for not making the finals as well …..

@ said:
@ said:
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/03/30/finals-footy-key-signing-tedesco

Looks like bye bye Teddy. My gut feeling is he will leave - and I can't really blame him.

Would have been on more money and a better side at the Raiders right now

The players need to take their fair share of accountability for not making the finals as well …..

X2

@ said:
Just wait and see what Teddy does ,to me the interview was a young man talking in a mature manner and with honesty …

That is one take on it, let's hope it is the right one, trying to give management a dose of reality, hopefully Cleary is onboard and already in his ear about where we are heading. Or maybe Cleary has already told him his 2 mates are not getting re-signed on big dollars, and he is leaving in protest, who knows, I sure don't.

@ said:
@ said:
Just watched the second part of Teddys interview , I say again he is gone , Cleary won't save him at the tigers , he will sign with a team that has been making the finals , I have a very bad feeling Teddy , Woods , Moses are all gone , and the club knows it , that's why the deadline comment may have been used so we can start buying the replacements

The club should set a deadline. 2 of the four clowns have brought the club to it's knees two years in a row with this crap. They want stability….then put this crap to bed and sign up or sign somewhere else. At least the media will move on then and let the club play footy. These four guys with their protracted crap have greatly contributed to a man losing his job, there is absolutely no doubt about that and now it looks likely they will leave anyway. Add to that we let T Martin go ( Moses), R Papenhuyzen ( Tedesco) all for what?

Im going on record now ( and it's something i never thought i would advocate) but im tempted if these guys all announce elsewhere and we are out of finals contention, they are sitting in the grandstand the rest of the year until November when their contracts run out.

It's not our job to prepare them for the next club or keep their rep careers going when they are going elsewhere.

And no, i wouldn't do it to any other player that signs elsewhere,but if these guys want to hold the club to randsom and bring it to it's knees then yeah, we can also do that with these players.

X2\. Any of these diva 4 sign elsewhere and they shouldnt play another gsme of first grade for us this year.

Well the big 4 do squat now… no use spending half our cap on these jokers.

Time to strengthen the whole team, half the NRL is off contract time to start over.

@ said:
Just wait and see what Teddy does ,to me the interview was a young man talking in a mature manner and with honesty …

I agree, i think he was just trying to change the topic, take coach and money out of the discussion and make it about footy. The more i think about it, the more i think there isn't much in that.

Thats not to say he won't sign elsewhere, i just don't think you can take that he is gone or wants to go from that interview.

Its not rose coloured glasses, i just think all of them are trying to take the focus of coach and contracts and make it about the footy.

Like everyone I hope he stays. But if he is leaving good luck to him and thanks for your efforts.

JT spoke of playing somewhere that plays semis regularly. In 2015 he was a member of the team that ran equal last. Last year the Tigers were one competition point out of the final 8\. We were the only team that lost to the Knights. He played that day. This year we are last again after 4 rounds.

The deadline for these players should be made for next week. As a club the Tigers need to move on. As a fan and member I want to support a club that plays in finals regularly.

When you are playing for the team that is currently running last and you emphatically state you want to play in a winning team…. heeelllooo he is as good as goooorne

@ said:
Either he has already signed with another club or he is really putting a rocket up management's behind to get this house in order. Losing Tedeaco would be devastating. If only we had Robbie to convince him otherwise. We had a club legend who has given his all kicked out of this club. A guy who won us a premiership and gave us his all. Yet people will stick the knife in him. He is a saint compared to these divas. Instead of owning the clubs results they are quick to blame others and run away when it all goes hard. If they were all like robbie and had his loyalty then we would win another premiership. I wish him nothing but injuries and bad form if he leaves.

I have read some bad comments but "I wish him nothing but injuries and bad form if he leaves." is absolutely disgusting.

And the comment "A guy who won us a premiership and gave us his all." - since when did he play the Cowboys on his own.

Your comments if they weren't so serious would be laughable.

@ said:
When you are playing for the team that is currently running last and you emphatically state you want to play in a winning team…. heeelllooo he is as good as goooorne

Not when the team he is being linked to is coming equal last.

Wasn't the reason for punting Taylor to get stability and get us playing finals footy…I would have thought that would get our best player to sign on the spot...

Looks like Senior management have so more due diligence to perform...

He is our best player and I reckon he will stay. I reckon all 4 will as well.

I think the way Farah was treated is coming home to roost now.

Several on here thought Farah was the cancer and it would be all roses in 2017 now he is gone.

Place is falling apart instead. Players know they don't have to be loyal. It's a 2 way street.

@ said:
@ said:

I have read some bad comments but "I wish him nothing but injuries and bad form if he leaves." is absolutely disgusting.

And the comment "A guy who won us a premiership and gave us his all." - since when did he play the Cowboys on his own.

Your comments if they weren't so serious would be laughable.

Farah gave us the best years of his career. Led from the front. Rejected bigger offers from bigger clubs. Was a key member of our premiership team. Yet JT and management knifed him in the back to save $250k. Signing JT instead of Anthony Griffin and getting rid of Farah could be the worst moves this club has done and cost us success for the next decade.

Oh tedesco i wish you luck in your new club against our club you deserted that invested so much time and money in you.

@ said:
I think the way Farah was treated is coming home to roost now.

Several on here thought Farah was the cancer and it would be all roses in 2017 now he is gone.

Place is falling apart instead. Players know they don't have to be loyal. It's a 2 way street.

Don't you think it's possible that certain players might have had a hand in his knifing?

No, I actually think Woods and Teddy at least probably thought it was ordinary the way he was treated.

Moses is a cocky little kid, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to hog the ball.

@ said:
No, I actually think Woods and Teddy at least probably thought it was ordinary the way he was treated.

Moses is a cocky little kid, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to hog the ball.

Correct me if I'm wrong which I often am, but didn't ted and Farah share the same manager at one stage?

Back