James Tedesco Signs with Roosters [Official]

@Knuckles said:
@teddy23 said:
What a champ!

Already a tigers legend in my eyes, imagine having Moses, Brooks and Tedesco on reduced deals. Allowing us to bring in more players and build a good team around them!

This is not a statement this is a fact…

James Tedesco is not money motivated **_he couldn't give a rats ass if he was being paid peanuts_** but winning matches here, the bloke plays to succeed and win premierships with his mates at the Tigers and we all should admire that.... Let's hope Moses and Brooks feel the same!

Come on now …. Hehehe ... Yess yess we all love Teddy but this is Rugby League .... The almighty dollar has the last say .... Player managers see to that. You are naive to think otherwise.

Anyway, time will tell .... Let's hope he does stay for peanuts.

This is starting to sound like an episode of Snow White,
Naive to say the least.
Let's s hope Teddy is smarter than that, a football career is a relatively a short one, and he has the chance to set himself up for life. Hopefully his manager will be smarter

@GNR4LIFE said:
@Knuckles said:
Ok … Will keep it for when we are not on a roll ... Happy now ?

Which would you prefer. Us making tough calls that get us in the 8, or stay with the status quo and stay floundering at the bottom?

My opinion is that the club should always act with integrity. I'm not a Robbie fan but he has been treated poorly and I don't agree with it.

The tough calls can be made with some class.

@Geo. said:
Wow… I think the Club has proven in the past 24months that the blunders of the Sheens/Humpty...Mayer/Potter administration are behind us...

Smart recruiting in Grant and Taylor ..restructuring of Rowdy's contract to benefit both Club and Player...Re-signing of Sue Seumanufagai to 2 year deals...locking up our best new generation on Felise Liddle and Marsters for starters...

The future is bright...lets continue to kick the dirt and grumble..

On Tedesco it's amazing what a change in management can do...the kid is already a superstar...it will take massive overs from another Club to shift him...Wests Tigers management know this...

The club has made some smart decisions haven't they.

@Harvey said:
Good to see a potential star wanting to commit to the club. Hopefully if players do not hold the club to ransom by pointing out the potential to earn more elsewhere, and we no longer have a 2nd rate CEO, then there will no longer be huge back ended contracts that stifle the club for the benefit of one player

Don't know about " commit'", but if any player trusts a football club, then they should be committed

@goldcoast tiger said:
@Harvey said:
Good to see a potential star wanting to commit to the club. Hopefully if players do not hold the club to ransom by pointing out the potential to earn more elsewhere, and we no longer have a 2nd rate CEO, then there will no longer be huge back ended contracts that stifle the club for the benefit of one player

Don't know about " commit'", but if any player trusts a football club, then they should be committed

Yeah, just ask Aiden Guerra. Origin player, dropped to reserves and possibly given permission to negotiate. I wonder who will play the violins for him.

Unfortunately I think we will lose two or possibly three of Brooks, Moses, Teddy and Woods. For all the bromance stuff (which is really kind of admirable but naive) we just don't compete in the same ballpark with other clubs when it comes to TPAs.

When it comes down to it, money talks and the rest of it….well it walks. They will be getting advice from all and sundry about setting themselves up etc.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I just hope we are not left with a host of promising juniors and we have to rebuild yet again.

Well… Teddy was smart enough to ditch Ayoub.
Im sure he's smart enough to invest his top dollar he earns here wisely, and don't worry he'll be on good coin here.... I'd rather earn a little less and be happy than chase the biggest dollar and find myself possibly miserable not where I quite thought I'd be.
Better the devil you know sometimes

@GNR4LIFE said:
@Knuckles said:

Which would you prefer. Us making tough calls that get us in the 8, or stay with the status quo and stay floundering at the bottom?

How about making the really tough calls then and honour contracts that we make.
And stop thinking that we, or any club can be relieved of our responsibility when it suits us. That'd be nice.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@Knuckles said:

And stop thinking that we, or any club can be relieved of our responsibility when it suits us. That'd be nice.

You act like no club has ever tried to offload a player before. It's a part of the game. It's a business.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@Harvey said:

Yeah, just ask Aiden Guerra. Origin player, dropped to reserves and possibly given permission to negotiate. I wonder who will play the violins for him.

There's no difference. It's just greed by the clubs in the first place to get a player for the short term by signing him to a contract that they don't ever mean to honour.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@Knuckles said:

You act like no club has ever tried to offload a player before. It's a part of the game. It's a business.

When more players wake up, there'll be more that tell the clubs to get stuffed
But it's great that you think it's ok to do it.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

Did you kick up a fuss for the hundreds of players that it happened to before Farah?

@TigerWoods said:
@innsaneink said:
Well… Teddy was smart enough to ditch Ayoub.

When did Teddy get rid of Ayoub? That guy is poison. That's great news if true

Wow Teddy is a lot smarter than I thought. Ayoub is absolute poison. Who is looking after him now ?

@goldcoast tiger said:
@Swordy said:
I cant believe I support them same team as some of the idiots on here. Just makes me wonder….

Aaaawwwwhhh. Us idiots have feelings too you know :bawling
Sorry we are not the genteel , non idiot , good looking types that you want around you.

Hang on…..some of us are, We're in the Gentlemens Legends club, and I bet if we tried hard we could also have as much of a superiority complex as you plainly do.

Don't remember referring to you or anyone else in particular GCT. You don't have to when some just come along and nominate themselves.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@Harvey said:

Guerra came from Nth Qld to the Storm and onto the Roosters. The definition of a one club player has obviously been refined or GNR is being fast and loose with the reaility . :unamused:

James Tedesco will consider asking teammates Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks to forfeit more money elsewhere and remain loyal to the Wests Tigers to replicate Melbourne's big three as the joint venture faces a recruitment scramble heading into the 2017 season.

In the first sign the NSW fullback and the Tigers' much publicised halves are keen to remain together in the long term, Tedesco has openly floated the idea of sitting down with his 21-year-old playmakers to discuss the idea of remaining together beyond next season.

All three are off contract at the end of 2017 – Brooks and Moses rebuffed rival offers to ink one-year extensions earlier this season – and the trio will be the hottest property on the NRL market over summer.

Asked whether he would consider talking to Moses and Brooks about turning down a massive payday at a rival NRL club to stay together, Tedesco said: "We haven't crossed that bridge yet, but I think we probably could talk about that.

"You see a team like the Storm with [Billy] Slater, [Cameron] Smith and [Cooper] Cronk who have been able to stay together their whole careers and they've really built something special down there. It's an opportunity for us and we'll just have to see how it goes with management.

"All three of us know we play our best footy when we're all together and footy wise it would be best if we can stay together. Obviously, it's going to be hard, but with how we've been going the last few weeks it's pretty clear there's something special going on here and if we can keep that going for the next few years that will be good for us."

Tedesco is no stranger to rejecting cash to prioritise his rugby league happiness, backflipping on a more lucrative three-year deal he signed with the Canberra Raiders for 2015 to remain at the Tigers.

And now he is open to asking Moses and Brooks to do the same as him when he was 21.

Moses, in particular, has been a revelation for Jason Taylor's side in the second half of the season and they can potentially inch back into the top eight with victory over Jarryd Hayne's finals-chasing Gold Coast on Saturday.

And having shouldered much of the playmaking burden in Brooks' absence with a knee injury, Moses is hellbent on dodging any contract talk after turning down an 11th-hour bid from the Roosters earlier this year.

"I'm pretty happy with the footy I'm playing at the moment and I'm really liking where I am at the moment," Moses said. "There's a good vibe around the club at the moment and you really enjoy coming to training every day.

"The group of boys here are all pretty close and a tight group. I'm pretty excited for the future, but that will all sort itself out if I keep playing the footy I am."

Tedesco, too, hinted he will open negotiations with the Tigers in the off-season but will have no shortage of suitors given his astonishing form which led to a first Blues jumper.

Brooks engaged in some light running at Tigers training at Campbelltown Sports Ground on Wednesday and is hopeful of playing some part in the Tigers' run-in.

Tedesco's public declaration he wants to remain with Moses and Brooks is a show of faith in Taylor's turnaround at the Tigers after admitting some players felt uneasy about the coach's game plans early in his tenure.

"I think that's fair [we didn't buy in straight away]," Tedesco said. "It's hard when a new coach comes and most teams have trouble early on.

Link: http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/4088752/james-tedesco-keen-to-form-long-term-wests-tigers-big-three-with-mitchell-moses-luke-brooks/?cs=12

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:

Did you kick up a fuss for the hundreds of players that it happened to before Farah?[/quotr

I haven't changed my opinion on back ended contracts at any time.I've always recognised
That they are mainly a way to cheat the salary cap . But this one has highlighted the problems of clubs thinking that they can uproot any player at any time and MAKE him move.
If both the club and player are happy to do that, then that's fine.
But we ve seen seem the result now of a club willing to do anything to get their way.except pay him out.
Most seem to agree, no matter what side they're on , that that the club has made a hell of a mess of this, and they have.
Also this case is unusual in that The player was shafted a couple of days after playing in the highest standard level of the game.
As for Guerra, I hope he stays if that's what he wants to do and makes The Roosters pay him the money that THEY owe him , it's up to him if he leaves, not the club

@Swordy said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@Swordy said:
I cant believe I support them same team as some of the idiots on here. Just makes me wonder….

Aaaawwwwhhh. Us idiots have feelings too you know :bawling
Sorry we are not the genteel , non idiot , good looking types that you want around you.

Hang on…..some of us are, We're in the Gentlemens Legends club, and I bet if we tried hard we could also have as much of a superiority complex as you plainly do.

Don't remember referring to you or anyone else in particular GCT. You don't have to when some just come along and nominate themselves.

No. It's easy to see who you think are idiots, that's anyone who had a different opinion to you. .

Latest posts

Members online

Back