James Tedesco Signs with Roosters [Official]

@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@Harvey said:
Good to see a potential star wanting to commit to the club. Hopefully if players do not hold the club to ransom by pointing out the potential to earn more elsewhere, and we no longer have a 2nd rate CEO, then there will no longer be huge back ended contracts that stifle the club for the benefit of one player

Don't know about " commit'", but if any player trusts a football club, then they should be committed

Yeah, just ask Aiden Guerra. Origin player, dropped to reserves and possibly given permission to negotiate. I wonder who will play the violins for him.

Comparing apples with oranges. Farah's form hasn't warranted being dropped to reserves and he is a legend of the club.

Oh dear… I think everyone has had enough....Stick to the topic at hand..

Those that want to continue may find themselves on Mod Preview...

Can mods just delete any posts that are Robbie Farah related in non Robbie Farah threads :/

Should I start with the above 2…?

Deleting posts is painful and time consuming and not something we really want to do ...as well as we hardly ever do...It just takes some self restraint when posting...Read what you wrote count to 3 before hitting submit...

@Pawsandclaws said:
@innsaneink said:
It's amazing an article on Teddy wanting to stay can cause so much negativity…. I agree with swordy , some of our supporters are sad bitter whingers.
Lets hope our big 3 stick around for years to come and form the basis of a dynasty

Timing is everything and of course there is the issue of selective loyalty by the club. For this article to appear at this time has a certain whiff about it.

Yeah it stinks. Fancy having one of our players to like playing for WT and looking at taking a pay cut (not a deferral) AGAIN, having the audacity to consider asking his teammates for a similar sacrifice so they can stay together. Unbelievably, some have been even known to praise their anointed ones for lesser actions.

Worse still, he goes on to praise his coach and the tactics employed in public and to the press at that. Would much prefer that he dumped a heap of stuff that has a certain whiff about on WT than all this lovey dovey crap.

@coopy said:
Unfortunately I think we will lose two or possibly three of Brooks, Moses, Teddy and Woods.

With all due respect, if you run that scenario 10,000 times, Woods leaves every time.

Woods is and will be a solid front rower, but you would never let a 1,6 or a 7 of that quality leave so as to keep a prop forward.

Does anyone remember the front rowers that have played for the Storm? Pretty hard, but we all remember the 1, 7 and 9\. Players of that quality bring average and even below average players along with them. Adam Blair a case in point.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@coopy said:
Unfortunately I think we will lose two or possibly three of Brooks, Moses, Teddy and Woods.

With all due respect, if you run that scenario 10,000 times, Woods leaves every time.

Woods is and will be a solid front rower, but you would never let a 1,6 or a 7 of that quality leave so as to keep a prop forward.

Does anyone remember the front rowers that have played for the Storm? Pretty hard, but we all remember the 1, 7 and 9\. Players of that quality bring average and even below average players along with them. Adam Blair a case in point.

I agree, but its funny how your halves are usually worth nothing if the forwards aren't doing their job. Its a bit like the chicken and the egg.

So because Teddy is willing to take less money to keep other players at the club he's a champion and a loyal clubman…. Oh the irony

@greatodensraven said:
Teddy = Champion

Too early to call him that yet.

People did the same to Benjo too when he was in his prime and once again too premature. Look at how people think of Benji now.

God forbid i wont mention a current tiger soon to be an ex tiger.

@Muffstar said:
@greatodensraven said:
Teddy = Champion

People did the same to Benjo too when he was in his prime and once again too premature. Look at how people think of Benji now.

Benji helped us win a premiership. He's a champion in my book

@TigerWoods said:
@Muffstar said:
@greatodensraven said:
Teddy = Champion

Benji helped us win a premiership. He's a champion in my book

I reckon most true supporters will always idolise and respect the 2005 team. I get goosebumps everytime i watch benji's flick pass, Farah scooting, richards fend, and every other player that played that year. To say that benji or farah will be forgotten or thought of any different is complete garbage. If farah ends up going to the rabbitohs, i bet farah will get nothing but respect and applause from tiger supporters if we play each other.

Sorry back on topic, if teddy re-signs for 3 or 4 years then he will become a club legend. If we csn get moses, brooks and woods to re-sign aswell then your looking at a melbourne storm kind of dynasty with a premiership in there somewhere. But wont happen if any of the above arent willing to sacrifice a bit of dough.

@tigerman80 said:
Sorry back on topic, if teddy re-signs for 3 or 4 years then he will become a club legend. If we csn get moses, brooks and woods to re-sign aswell then your looking at a melbourne storm kind of dynasty with a premiership in there somewhere. But wont happen if any of the above arent willing to sacrifice a bit of dough.

Woods was on NRL 360 talking about this
This link is just after he left
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl-360/how-to-keep-tigers-big-3!539788

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@coopy said:

Well, Bromwich is one of the world's best. Tolman was no slouch. But yeah, they did have some budget buys.

@tigermac88 said:
So because Teddy is willing to take less money to keep other players at the club he's a champion and a loyal clubman…. Oh the irony

Also, let's not re-write history as it was Tedesco who intended to bail on his mates to join the Raiders until ….......

Yeah but he didn't go.
Teddy stayed at the Tigers for less and I for one are very grateful. All involved in helping him stay deserve credit.
At the moment there are many articles in the news taking about building a WTs dynasty. Both Woods and Teddy have talked about it. It's a positive story , something we aren't used to so I'm not surprised some people are treating this with caution.

@Pawsandclaws said:
@tigermac88 said:

Also, let's not re-write history as it was Tedesco who intended to bail on his mates to join the Raiders until ….......

Seriously, we're really going there?

:deadhorse:

@formerguest said:
@Pawsandclaws said:
@innsaneink said:
It's amazing an article on Teddy wanting to stay can cause so much negativity…. I agree with swordy , some of our supporters are sad bitter whingers.
Lets hope our big 3 stick around for years to come and form the basis of a dynasty

Timing is everything and of course there is the issue of selective loyalty by the club. For this article to appear at this time has a certain whiff about it.

Yeah it stinks. Fancy having one of our players to like playing for WT and looking at taking a pay cut (not a deferral) AGAIN, having the audacity to consider asking his teammates for a similar sacrifice so they can stay together. Unbelievably, some have been even known to praise their anointed ones for lesser actions.

Worse still, he goes on to praise his coach and the tactics employed in public and to the press at that. Would much prefer that he dumped a heap of stuff that has a certain whiff about on WT than all this lovey dovey crap.

Well said FG.

Latest posts

Members online

Back