OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

I tend to put players into one of two buckets. Part of the solution or part of the problem.

Api is part of the solution. Not perfect, but in that bucket.

Most of my criticism will be aimed at the other bucket.
Id agree except being in the positive bucket should and does not exclude him from criticism for mine.
 
Go for your life, he had a poor game against Parramatta.

Sweeping statements like he’s done nothing are where I take umbrage.
Once again....
The claim was he has done SO MUCH FOR US that he already deserves an extension to the two years he has yet to play.
I would like to see a list of all the stuff he has done for us that requires an extra year.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Once again for the slow people....and there are a lot of you for some stupid reason...
The claim was he has done SO MUCH FOR US that he already deserves an extension to the two years he has yet to play.
I would like to see a list of all the stuff he has done for us that requires an extra year.
I wasn’t replying directly to that assertion. And I wouldn’t be rushing to extend either.
 
If that is true, he must also cop all the criticism if it fails. Do you agree?
One hundred percent agree wholeheartedly with you Tucker. When you accept a 1.2 million dollar a year deal you accept all the attention that goes with it, good and bad. How many times have we seen in the past decade players chasing a big pay day, only for their form to tank cause the attention it drew them didn't sit well with them
 
Really hope it works out for Luai at our club. It will require him to step up and refuse the standard and attitude of those around him, and that's a really hard thing to stare down. It's a big task but besides Nathan Cleary himself I'm not sure there's a player better suited to improving us around the league. Very good article on him below, particularly like his continued appreciation of what this all means for his family and his personal aspirations driving his move to the tigers:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...hero-villain-nrl-grand-final-penrith-panthers
 
Really hope it works out for Luai at our club. It will require him to step up and refuse the standard and attitude of those around him, and that's a really hard thing to stare down. It's a big task but besides Nathan Cleary himself I'm not sure there's a player better suited to improving us around the league. Very good article on him below, particularly like his continued appreciation of what this all means for his family and his personal aspirations driving his move to the tigers:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...hero-villain-nrl-grand-final-penrith-panthers
This guy is a sliding door moment for this club IMO.

I think him and Api will be dual captains and I believe players will follow the lead. It won't happen all next year but we will not be getting the spoon next year.
 
Is anyone at the club investigating why Api is significantly less effective since joining Tigers? I’m not talking about his highlights reel, it’s penalties, defence and general play.
I‘m curious to know if we have a plan to manage the introduction and longer term effectiveness of Luai?
Or are we thinking it’s unnecessary for a player of his achievements?
Api played along side Luai in a GF win.
 
Is anyone at the club investigating why Api is significantly less effective since joining Tigers? I’m not talking about his highlights reel, it’s penalties, defence and general play.
I‘m curious to know if we have a plan to manage the introduction and longer term effectiveness of Luai?
Or are we thinking it’s unnecessary for a player of his achievements?
Api played along side Luai in a GF win.
Simple answer - He has been doing everything and gives every last bit of effort.

Next year he will be back to normal as he will have more experienced players there and a 7 who will control the team so he can focus on the ruck.
 
Is anyone at the club investigating why Api is significantly less effective since joining Tigers? I’m not talking about his highlights reel, it’s penalties, defence and general play.
I‘m curious to know if we have a plan to manage the introduction and longer term effectiveness of Luai?
Or are we thinking it’s unnecessary for a player of his achievements?
Api played along side Luai in a GF win.
He’s been Less effective??
Since he joined us he has been our most effective player.
This, despite not having a proper forward pack to work with or an established halves combo or a penetrating backline. Unlike at Penrith.
IMO he has been the best hooker in the game regardless. He scores tries, makes line breaks, assists tries and his general play is incisive, masterful and often unplayable.
I honestly have no idea what you are watching, because other than a few errant sin bins, I doubt anyone playing in the 9 at WT could be any more effective.
 
He’s been Less effective??
Since he joined us he has been our most effective player.
This, despite not having a proper forward pack to work with or an established halves combo or a penetrating backline. Unlike at Penrith.
IMO he has been the best hooker in the game regardless. He scores tries, makes line breaks, assists tries and his general play is incisive, masterful and often unplayable.
I honestly have no idea what you are watching, because other than a few errant sin bins, I doubt anyone playing in the 9 at WT could be any more effective.
I thought I stated clearly that I wasn’t talking about his highlights reel? He hardly missed a tackle at Penrith, made 51 tackles in his last game there. Enter the Tigers, and he has become the NRLs leader of missed tackles.
you can excuse it and dismiss it but it is a massive problem which needs to be managed.
Harry Grant was better, made the rest of the team look like reserve graders.
 
I thought I stated clearly that I wasn’t talking about his highlights reel? He hardly missed a tackle at Penrith, made 51 tackles in his last game there. Enter the Tigers, and he has become the NRLs leader of missed tackles.
you can excuse it and dismiss it but it is a massive problem which needs to be managed.
Harry Grant was better, made the rest of the team look like reserve graders.
He’s taking on too much of the workload and looks exhausted. He wasn’t an 80 min player at Penrith, but for some reason we decided it was a good idea. Poor management.
 
Back
Top