OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

I think he still has a bit to prove, but he won’t do it at Penrith. While ever he is there he will always be their Scotty Pippen.

If he has a genuine desire to prove himself as one of the best players in the game he is going to need to step out of Cleary’s shadow. If that’s his mentality he could be a great buy for us. If it’s a take the money and cash out attitude we might be in for more disappointment.

Our club being so poor for so long is a positive for a player who wants to prove themselves. I'm not even joking.
 
I think Toupou should eventually play centre, with one of the young wingers coming in, but Olam would be good for a couple of years.

I might even start Toupou and Toa in centres, with Staines and Nofo on wings. Toupou hasn’t filled me with confidence under the high ball
 
He could stay there and win 3-4 more comps and be regarded as an all-time great five eighth. The only reason he’ll leave is if they have already decided Nathan Cleary’s brother is the future in that spot.
Or it could be because he has a massive ego, and he wants to prove himself to people… including his coach who publicly questioned his ability to lead a team. Either way it could work in our favour. Or we could end up with another expensive dud. 🤷‍♂️
 
If he wanted to prove himself, go win a first comp for the Titans or Warriors, they are set up for success. It’s why Bradman Best does these ones 🐯👀
Does he have an offer from either of those clubs?

I get what you are saying, but I don’t think that the club is that unattractive if you are looking forward instead of back. $1m extra over 4 years might help with that too.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top