OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

I don't like it myself and don't think it's got anything to do with.peoe.lightening up.
Some feel strong about it and just because you don't doesn't mean they're uptight or wound up about it, they just feel strongly about it as no doubt youd feel strong about certain issues that others may not.

I reckon it also prevents clubs from overstepping the mark as certain clubs would have no dramas doing... With the advent of AI all sorts of scenarios could come.into calculation... Clubs using the new recruit for their own gain and at the incumbent clubs loss for a year or so... Could start to get out of hand
Just a bad look especially for kids too who don't understand it all really well
Big No for me
I agree Ink, it’s not a good look. He may have been imitating his childhood hero and soon to be coach, but it’s a flip to his existing club and any contractual arrangements he may have. I’m not so sure it couldn’t be a minor breach of contract if his /Panthers backers had some kind of measurable precuniary loss?
 
I don't like it myself and don't think it's got anything to do with.peoe.lightening up.
Some feel strong about it and just because you don't doesn't mean they're uptight or wound up about it, they just feel strongly about it as no doubt youd feel strong about certain issues that others may not.

I reckon it also prevents clubs from overstepping the mark as certain clubs would have no dramas doing... With the advent of AI all sorts of scenarios could come.into calculation... Clubs using the new recruit for their own gain and at the incumbent clubs loss for a year or so... Could start to get out of hand
Just a bad look especially for kids too who don't understand it all really well
Big No for me
The narrow-mindedness of the one eyed supporter never stops surprising me…

The people jabbing the Panthers for it, would no doubt be the same ones chastising Laurie for wearing his old Panthers jersey. The same ones that couldn’t believe Benji went on TV in a rival Union jersey while still playing for the Tigers…

I can’t remember what the Roosters did when they signed Tedesco, but if the imagery around it was similar to the Tigers / Luai while he was still our fullback - the uproar would have been far worse than anything we’ve heard from the Panthers.

There’s no negotiation, it’s poor taste
it just is…
He’s played All Stars, Origin and for Samoa… there were plenty of non rival images that could have been used.
 
The narrow-mindedness of the one eyed supporter never stops surprising me…

The people jabbing the Panthers for it, would no doubt be the same ones chastising Laurie for wearing his old Panthers jersey. The same ones that couldn’t believe Benji went on TV in a rival Union jersey while still playing for the Tigers…

I can’t remember what the Roosters did when they signed Tedesco, but if the imagery around it was similar to the Tigers / Luai while he was still our fullback - the uproar would have been far worse than anything we’ve heard from the Panthers.

There’s no negotiation, it’s poor taste
it just is…
He’s played All Stars, Origin and for Samoa… there were plenty of non rival images that could have been used.
Its a computer generated image because there is no way that Luai would have ever agreed to be seen promoting the signing with our jersey on while still contracted and aligned to a club that has nutured his career and that he is connected to.
Our club did him no favours by putting up the image and rightly removed it after making a poor decision.
 
I agree Ink, it’s not a good look. He may have been imitating his childhood hero and soon to be coach, but it’s a flip to his existing club and any contractual arrangements he may have. I’m not so sure it couldn’t be a minor breach of contract if his /Panthers backers had some kind of measurable precuniary loss?

Luai didn't do anything. He held a press conference and announced where he was going. He handled himself pretty well.

As for "measurable losses" for a posting a photo when announcing a signing? If that's pursuable, the Tigers should sue Penrith into the next millennium for inducing our coach to break contract with two years to run.
 
As for "measurable losses" for a posting a photo when announcing a signing? If that's pursuable, the Tigers should sue Penrith into the next millennium for inducing our coach to break contract with two years to run.
And leaving us with massive contracts on past-it players. He was the main architect of the Tigers' spoons.

Anything that annoys Ivan is okay with me.
 
The narrow-mindedness of the one eyed supporter never stops surprising me…

The people jabbing the Panthers for it, would no doubt be the same ones chastising Laurie for wearing his old Panthers jersey. The same ones that couldn’t believe Benji went on TV in a rival Union jersey while still playing for the Tigers…

I can’t remember what the Roosters did when they signed Tedesco, but if the imagery around it was similar to the Tigers / Luai while he was still our fullback - the uproar would have been far worse than anything we’ve heard from the Panthers.

There’s no negotiation, it’s poor taste
it just is…
He’s played All Stars, Origin and for Samoa… there were plenty of non rival images that could have been used.
I think it kind of flys in the face of what Jerome was literally saying about respect for his current playing team and fans and year ahead. Bit of amateur hour with the photoshopping, someone got excited. Ahh well, more media chaff
 
I can’t remember what the Roosters did when they signed Tedesco, but if the imagery around it was similar to the Tigers / Luai while he was still our fullback - the uproar would have been far worse than anything we’ve heard from the Panthers.
I’m pretty sure they did use an image of Teddy to drive membership recruitment for the next year while he was still with us.
Anyway, I agree with your sentiment.
It is poor taste. What’s new though? Our media department are clueless idiots.
 
I think it kind of flys in the face of what Jerome was literally saying about respect for his current playing team and fans and year ahead. Bit of amateur hour with the photoshopping, someone got excited. Ahh well, more media chaff
Yeah the media for the Tigers are still amateurish. Hopefully Richo can sought them out or replace them. No ome cates about photoshopped players in team colors.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BZN
I’m pretty sure they did use an image of Teddy to drive membership recruitment for the next year while he was still with us.
Anyway, I agree with your sentiment.
It is poor taste. What’s new though? Our media department are clueless idiots.
No issue with them using images - photoshopping the player into colours he won’t wear for another year is classless…
Also happy for them to do it once his commitment to his current club is done (off seasons and such)
We’re not the only club to do it mind you, I’ve thought it was poor any time I’ve seen it from any club - happening more now that the graphics kids are more clever and the software is better…

Roosters announcement attached

IMG_2633.jpeg
 
No issue with them using images - photoshopping the player into colours he won’t wear for another year is classless…
Also happy for them to do it once his commitment to his current club is done (off seasons and such)
We’re not the only club to do it mind you, I’ve thought it was poor any time I’ve seen it from any club - happening more now that the graphics kids are more clever and the software is better…

Roosters announcement attached

View attachment 9327
That’s not the one I’m talking about.
They released an official membership drive poster with him front and centre whilst still playing here.
 
Back
Top