OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

No way. I used the Dogs as an example of that. Signing marquee players for 3 or 4 years and were still a bottom 4 team. As we will be.
I tend to agree but the marquees we signed aren't exactly that. Other than Ice and Api, who are our marquees? Bateman was washed over in England and we gave him a chance. He's not a marquee. Neither is Olam when you think about it. You can make an argument that Turuva still has to prove a point. So that leaves Papali'i, Api, and Luai as our only marquee signings. We definitely need more, and we need to get rid of deadwood who are so used to dumb mistakes and losing (Naden, Staines, Bateman, even Klemmer at times)
 
Our issue has been, and has been for some time... ;

- No smarts in the spine
- no threats in the backs

Luai and Turuva coming nest year really address this.

It's IMPERATIVE though, we continue to strengthen.

We need to be reaching out and seeing what we can get, players like Averillo and whatnot... we need some x factor in the backline
I agree. We need to poach a winger from somewhere.

There are a couple of solid first graders emerging this year. S Fainu and L Galvin. Bula last year with Pole and Uto maturing. 2-3 young players a year with a couple recruits is a long process but our only chance. We need guys like L Fainu, Makasini, Laulili, Miller, Broederlow, Faagutu, TDS ro step up next few years.

There are some positives but overall we are way off the pace.
 
I agree. We need to poach a winger from somewhere.

There are a couple of solid first graders emerging this year. S Fainu and L Galvin. Bula last year with Pole and Uto maturing. 2-3 young players a year with a couple recruits is a long process but our only chance. We need guys like L Fainu, Makasini, Laulili, Miller, Broederlow, Faagutu, TDS ro step up next few years.

There are some positives but overall we are way off the pace.
What has happened to TDS? 5 games at the backend of 23 then dumped.
Same with Matamua. 5 games in 2023, 1 so far this year.
Both languishing in KOE Cup getting done every week.
Chuck them in Flegg where a winning culture can be built.
 
I don’t think it matters who we get here, nothing is gonna change till the culture does. It’s stunk for 25 years, so good luck eradicating it.
I've heard the so called experts (media) in the past in conjunction with player state it can be done with THE RIGHT playsr
Very hard to find and recruit but blokes like Ellis, Darren Smith, Luke Lewis, Ben Kennedy, Roy Asotasi,. Menzies... A Webke or Civoniceva

Api is.close but the strain is showing
 
Our issue has been, and has been for some time... ;

- No smarts in the spine
- no threats in the backs

Luai and Turuva coming nest year really address this.

It's IMPERATIVE though, we continue to strengthen.

We need to be reaching out and seeing what we can get, players like Averillo and whatnot... we need some x factor in the backline

We can’t be sitting here in June next year crying about not having any outside backs …

Turuva on his own IS NOT the answer ..

At least one, and preferably two additional first grade ready backs are required to upgrade wingers and centers……

They can’t keep giving us the “elite juniors” BS … they have zero confidence in them ..they never pick them until there is no other option through injury or suspension ..

I think Benji’s continued employment here depends on upgrading these positions…

If he doesn’t want to do it then get rid of him …
 
Just rort the cap and get 4 or 5 quality players, get rid of some of the dead wood that are on brain dead contracts making up the numbers by what ever means available, pay the bunker to have a stinker in our favour and for Annusley to make up new rules on Monday to support whatever the bunker ruled on, sick of this pathetic shit that has been going on for way too long since before Brad Arthur was coaching the Parra-sites.

Simple really, what the f#@k could go wrong.
 
Watched at Suncorp the Penrith game, comments in the crowd about Luai from the warriors supporters they were concerned he would be the difference, he is a class player. Somebody when signing Turuva said he was electric, I would class as steam fast, Staines is faster off the mark, that signing worries me.
 
We can’t be sitting here in June next year crying about not having any outside backs …

Turuva on his own IS NOT the answer ..

At least one, and preferably two additional first grade ready backs are required to upgrade wingers and centers……

They can’t keep giving us the “elite juniors” BS … they have zero confidence in them ..they never pick them until there is no other option through injury or suspension ..

I think Benji’s continued employment here depends on upgrading these positions…

If he doesn’t want to do it then get rid of him …
Great post
Simple as that

Faatape and Alaimalo are good depth recruits, I like them both.

The other outside backs we've got on the books aren't cutting it and haven't for years now.

Staines, Toa, Naden... nope
Feledy and Casey? We will see Friday, I have zero confidence going into this game.

Upgrades needed drastically.
 
We can’t be sitting here in June next year crying about not having any outside backs …

Turuva on his own IS NOT the answer ..

At least one, and preferably two additional first grade ready backs are required to upgrade wingers and centers……

They can’t keep giving us the “elite juniors” BS … they have zero confidence in them ..they never pick them until there is no other option through injury or suspension ..

I think Benji’s continued employment here depends on upgrading these positions…

If he doesn’t want to do it then get rid of him …
LAULILI and TURUVA on the wings
 
Also Luke is 17 - so isn't even allowed to be picked in NRL. The fact he is playing so well in Cup at 17 is a fantastic sign. I'd expect he finishes next yr on the wing for the nrl side
I think you'll find he's 18 this year. Not sure whether that's already happened yet or not.

But I agree re; ability in Cup. The fact he plays a power game too is even more impressive against grown men and considering, as well, the physical development yet to come at that age.
 
Great post
Simple as that

Faatape and Alaimalo are good depth recruits, I like them both.

The other outside backs we've got on the books aren't cutting it and haven't for years now.

Staines, Toa, Naden... nope
Feledy and Casey? We will see Friday, I have zero confidence going into this game.

Upgrades needed drastically.
Casey could be ok keeper , the others are not worth it , Staines I feel for as he was a fair player but after that injury he aint the same no more
 
I think you'll find he's 18 this year. Not sure whether that's already happened yet or not.

But I agree re; ability in Cup. The fact he plays a power game too is even more impressive against grown men and considering, as well, the physical development yet to come at that age.
18 in August. I'd say he'll likely debut in the last few weeks of our season. super talent and will definitely factor into Marshall's thinking for an NRL start come 2025.

another preseason will really help him with his body. still growing laterally and vertically which is exciting for all involved.
 
Back
Top