OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Precisely Hal!
I like to stay positive while testing negative like most of us, but it’s unfair to think he can correct the earth’s axis without having time to adjust to our pace. As an example, think about Harry Grant’s season with us.
Reminds me of the old chestnut:

Genie: you have one wish
Me - Jerome Luai to lead Wests Tigers to the Promised Land
Genie: That's impossible, give me another wish.
Me - Can you correct the earth's axis without having time to adjust our pace?
Genie: OK, let's get back to the Luai/Wests Tigers ...... 😉
 
Can we at least wait until he pulls on the jersey !
Wait for what? The best halfback in the game and you're not happy! Has Koroisau delivered anything but his best efforts at WTs? Do you expect anything less than professionalism and high performance from Luai? Turuva as well. I am sure if the club signed half a dozen top players you would find a reason to be a downer.
 
Last edited:
Precisely Hal!
I like to stay positive while testing negative like most of us, but it’s unfair to think he can correct the earth’s axis without having time to adjust to our pace. As an example, think about Harry Grant’s season with us.
Luai just had another outstanding game for the Panthers and you cannot be happy we have signed perhaps our best signing of all time. Rather than adjusting to our pace, I understood that the reason to bring in these players from professional systems was to adjust our training and play to the standards of the systems of the high performing clubs!
 
Last edited:
Luai just had another outstanding game for the Panthers and you cannot be happy we have signed perhaps our best signing of all time. Rather than adjusting to our pace, I understood that the reason to bring in these players from professional systems was to adjust our training and play to the standards of the systems of the high performing clubs!
I’m happy that he’s signed with us, but that’s all he’s done with us so far as I can see, unless you can point to something I’ve missed?
Harry Grant as a 21yo debutant couldn’t adjust to our pace and was getting mom every game and making the rest of the team look pedestrian. He was here for only one season and had his sights set on replacing the player many regarded at the time as the best in the world.
Grant wasn’t our 28yo $6m man, so forgive me if I need further evidence before popping the champus. I’ve never had the belief that one player can transform the entire club’s cultural identity but if anyone can do it, it’s this guy. I’ll be backing him all the way.
 
Wait for what? The best halfback in the game and you're not happy! Has Koroisau delivered anything but his best efforts at WTs? Do you expect anything less than professionalism and high performance from Luai? Turuva as well. I am sure if the club signed half a dozen top players you would find a reason to be a downer.
He has, but have you noticed how less effective he’s becoming? He’s no longer an 80min player. He’s working himself to a standstill. He’s defensively less effective than he was at Penrith.
 
If he brings just half of what Api has brought, my God. I know players traditionally come here and go backwards, but they breed them differently in Penrith. That system is absolutely first class and the professionalism is off the chart. Those guys don’t know how to half arse it. It’s why I have no doubt that he’ll continue going form strength to strength next year. Him and Api as co-captains is surely a no brainer.
 
It is likely that Luai and Turuva will come to WTs with another premiership behind them. I know each to their own but what club wouldn't like Luai in their ranks!

Plenty on here were stating that they didn't like Luai or want him at WT and that he was riding on the coattails of the chin. It was objectively crazy to me at the time based on both club and representative performance, yet it was still rampant until he became a realistic target.

Time always tells, though I think that it is reasonable to state that Jarome is at least potentially the best WT signing thus far, if not the best. He will be arriving at a competitive knowledge and physical prime point similar to that of Gareth Ellis, and a few years younger than Koroisau.

His best attributes are as a leader, who not only directs his side, but also has that follow me mentality.
 
Plenty on here were stating that they didn't like Luai or want him at WT and that he was riding on the coattails of the chin. It was objectively crazy to me at the time based on both club and representative performance, yet it was still rampant until he became a realistic target.

Time always tells, though I think that it is reasonable to state that Jarome is at least potentially the best WT signing thus far, if not the best. He will be arriving at a competitive knowledge and physical prime point similar to that of Gareth Ellis, and a few years younger than Koroisau.

His best attributes are as a leader, who not only directs his side, but also has that follow me mentality.

That is the most intelligent comment i have heard from anyone calling themselve "Tim Sheens" for 15 years
 
Wait for what? The best halfback in the game and you're not happy! Has Koroisau delivered anything but his best efforts at WTs? Do you expect anything less than professionalism and high performance from Luai? Turuva as well. I am sure if the club signed half a dozen top players you would find a reason to be a downer.
No, I’m excited but to say “he’s one of the best buys we’ve ever made” imo is a little premature. I expect a lot from all our signings but until he plays for us none of us can make any grandiose statements.
 
Give him the possession we had in the first half and we probably score more than 12 points. I’ve been really impressed with how he’s stood up and taken charge with Cleary out. His play making of late has been top level.
Absolute competitor. Exactly what we need. Could actually use 3 or 4 more blokes like him.
 
Back
Top