OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

My only concern is him suffering an injury, particularly a serious one, as WT need him on the training paddock from day one next year.
Yeah me too. I know they have to have them but I kinda hate these end of season world championship comps. I reckon it’s enough on the body playing a long season in the NRL, especially if your team makes it to the grand final, plus it can disrupt preseason training for many of the teams, with new recruits etc. I don’t want our prize signing (we don’t get many) risking injury by having to play more games over the off season, but it is what it is or so the saying goes.
 
Yeah me too. I know they have to have them but I kinda hate these end of season world championship comps. I reckon it’s enough on the body playing a long season in the NRL, especially if your team makes it to the grand final, plus it can disrupt preseason training for many of the teams, with new recruits etc. I don’t want our prize signing (we don’t get many) risking injury by having to play more games over the off season, but it is what it is or so the saying goes.

Sort of agree, however most used to love following the old Kangaroo tours, with those old enough still remembering the feat of the undefeated 1982 "invisibles" and applauded it.

Hopefully Jerome and the others are all back on deck injury free in early January, with the experience he gains through the Samoan captaincy also bringing improved leadership skills to WT.
 
Yeah me too. I know they have to have them but I kinda hate these end of season world championship comps. I reckon it’s enough on the body playing a long season in the NRL, especially if your team makes it to the grand final, plus it can disrupt preseason training for many of the teams, with new recruits etc. I don’t want our prize signing (we don’t get many) risking injury by having to play more games over the off season, but it is what it is or so the saying goes.
I wouldnt worry to much about Luai getting an injury,all the NRL players know that risk...I would be more concerned about his mental health after coming from a very good system to our deranged system where the boys club still live in the 2005 glory and the club failing to move on from that point in time...I will say Richo being here will clean the joint especially with his knowledge and experience in his field...
There is no doubt we have a very good amount of talent next year,the question is will Benji be able to convert the talent into winning combinations and compete week in and week out....
Jerome is a superstar,a proven winner and athlete,he is one in a squad of 30,I hope people dont see himas a saviour,the man is only human .....
 
So am I but we suffer yet again after signing him for $6 mill.
I think it is only one game against England and that takes place on 28th October while he is still officially a Panther.

Edit: There is actually a second game on the following Sunday which is 3rd November
 
Last edited:
If Luai is going to abuse our players everytime they drop a ball or miss a tackle, he’ll never shut up. The boys will code red him in the change room.
A different approach is required until they learn to play competitive football.
Tucks you are really stretching this.
We are talking about a spray not abuse

It's abuse if there's nothing constructive, if he's saying something about someones mum or mrs etc....
I really don't think Luai is going to abuse players, mate.
 
I dont know if running hills and doing majority fitness works means we are suffering.
he could not train or play between now and January and be fitter than 80% of our squad.
You’ve missed my point. It’s not about fitness. It’s about being there with the team from day one to get his leadership impact off and running.
 
I dont know if running hills and doing majority fitness works means we are suffering.
he could not train or play between now and January and be fitter than 80% of our squad.
He could take a year off and still be fitter than most our squad.
I’m not worried about JL he’ll be ready to go when the comp starts.
Will the others be?
 
I’m pretty sure Luai is aware the level our players is several levels below the one his now ex teammates are at.
 
Read an article / comment from Luai about how he was keen to start pre season immediately with the Tigers but the opportunity to captain his country was too greater opportunity to pass on.
Also in the same comment he mentions with Crichton and To’o being unavailable as they “have a bit going on this offseason”.
Crichton is getting married, but what does To’o have going on?
 
Read an article / comment from Luai about how he was keen to start pre season immediately with the Tigers but the opportunity to captain his country was too greater opportunity to pass on.
Also in the same comment he mentions with Crichton and To’o being unavailable as they “have a bit going on this offseason”.
Crichton is getting married, but what does To’o have going on?
Could be injury related
Carries a fair bit of strapping
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top