OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Yep, 10 weeks from last game so that puts him at about mid January by my reckoning. Now you know why I was so concerned about him going to the UK, even if he was captain.
He may front to training to say hello but don’t think he can override the guidelines but happy to be corrected .
Starting the year on the back foot again, despite a $6m contract. When is it ever going to improve for us !
I would have thought it would be up to the player , just like at work if you don’t want to take all your holiday leave
 
didnt the last year under Madge ,the RLPA blocked our players coming back early n not taking their a lotted time off.Maybe murky waters as Madge used it as his big stick to hopefully get them to perform
Can't recall.

If that's the case, the RLPA would've blocked on the suggestion of their minimum, allotted leave being infringed upon.

That's the only grounds on which they would have to block it.

If the player waives that for their own motivations, then that would be fine. In fact, players will often be training at clubs' facilities during October. Provided there's no club-based requirement, I'd say its dealer's choice. Most, nay, all just about take their time though, particularly after a long season.

Don't blame them either.

As emphatically as I've worded this, I'm happy to be wrong if somebody finds the specifics on a case like this. I struggled to, believe me, I looked. Haha.
 
Last edited:
I would have thought it would be up to the player , just like at work if you don’t want to take all your holiday leave
Well I hope you’re right AH but I’m not certain if that is the case.
It will be a good indication of his enthusiasm for the task at hand but he’s probably pretty knackered after the premiership win, celebrations, travel, English defeats etc so I wouldn’t think he’ll get off the plane jumping out of his skin. But who really knows, we’re all just guessing at present.
I hope it’s sooner rather than later but I want him there with his head on, because so much of our planning will revolve around him.
 
Well I hope you’re right AH but I’m not certain if that is the case.
It will be a good indication of his enthusiasm for the task at hand but he’s probably pretty knackered after the premiership win, celebrations, travel, English defeats etc so I wouldn’t think he’ll get off the plane jumping out of his skin. But who really knows, we’re all just guessing at present.
I hope it’s sooner rather than later but I want him there with his head on, because so much of our planning will revolve around him.
fingers crossed this club with him n the rest will climb.no pressure !
 
Yep, 10 weeks from last game so that puts him at about mid January by my reckoning. Now you know why I was so concerned about him going to the UK, even if he was captain.
He may front to training to say hello but don’t think he can override the guidelines but happy to be corrected .
Starting the year on the back foot again, despite a $6m contract. When is it ever going to improve for us !
Does it really matter? He’s been given the opportunity to lead his country and play halfback for 2 more games. I dare say he’s learnt a lot from this experience and the networking with his team mates might help us snare a few talented players in the future … “May”

It’s not like he’s going to be unfit when he returns. I hope he comes back as soon as he feels mentally and physically refreshed.
 
Nice controlled introduction, welcome to our jungle Romey, hope you can bring your skills, passion and desire to a club that really needs a grade A player to take us forward ,and upward. I have to say I was somewhat skeptical about your signing and the money we’re paying but am willing to dream it will be a good investment.
I’m sure Benji has been counting down the days to today. Now he’ll just have to get through watching you play one more game injury free, and then we can start thinking 2025+.
Exciting eh, but then again our pre seasons are invariably built around hope.
What you find is good teams usually have a coach and halfback working in combo with a strong relationship. I think we could have that now. For the first time in a while we’re looking like we’re not on the road to nowhere.
 
Back
Top